HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2004, 11:39 AM
Detroit Rocks
Motor City. USA
Joined Dec 2002
187 Posts
Flying clubs around Nashville, Tn?

Is there any one flying around nashville,Tn area on The board?
The wife keeps talking about moving to the Nashville area because she is tired of cold weather here in michigan. I would not like to move where the only flying is off mountain's. Thanks
Cuda is offline Find More Posts by Cuda
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2004, 03:43 AM
what wing man??
Nashville Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
1,742 Posts
Hey Cuda,, if you do come to nashville ,,let me be the first to say hello,,,hey on the subject of flyers,,, yes there are some of us here ,,and you would be moving close to a hobby store also,,{hobby lobby} they have some pretty cool stuff if you ever needed a part or something,,,that's where i go,, i usually fly alone,,it's hard for me to fly with others because i fly early in the morn{ 3 rd shift} but there are others that do fly sometimes on the brentwood side of nashville ,,,hey mabey we might meet sometimes who knows??,,,anyways good luck flying,,
hummingbird111 is offline Find More Posts by hummingbird111
Old Mar 27, 2004, 06:49 AM
TN
Joined May 2000
1,136 Posts
Cuda

If you are in Nashville, come out and fly with us. There is a club of very nice guys that fly at Edwin Warner Park and that is where the Hobby Lobby Crew flys on Wed. mornings when the weather cooperates.

If you have ever looked at a HL video, you have probably seen Edwin Warner Park, it is my favorite spot to film. It's wide open with nicely maintained grass and a 150' paved landing circle that is at a higher elevation than the surrounding land.

Actually the park has quite a history in model aviation, it has been an active model flying area since at least the 1930's when some freeflight events were held there.

Mike Hines
Hiflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hiflyer
Old May 24, 2004, 11:20 AM
Detroit Rocks
Motor City. USA
Joined Dec 2002
187 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. My wife and are flying into Nashville for job interviews and I wanted to know if I should look for a house with a big front yard if there was not a place to fly. Where is the Edwin Warner Park located incase I get a chance to check it out when we are there. Thanks
Old May 24, 2004, 12:49 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
There's also Peeler park that is more toward the northern side of Nashville. I learned to fly there and I live in KY! Great people anywhere you go.

BTW, having HL this close to home (2 hours for me) is the greatest resource in the world
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old May 24, 2004, 04:19 PM
Nashville, TN
Joined Jun 2003
72 Posts
I fly my electric park flyers in a large school yard/city park (Elmington Park) near the downtown. I fly by myself, usually early on Sundays so no-one is around. Edwin Warner is great, except flying is restricted to during the week until 3pm. Lot's of slimers out there but nice folks.

There are numerous schoolyards in Nashville. Many neighborhoods have a lot of trees however.

I'm getting up the gumption to talk to the administration of the local community college - they have a big open field/buffer which would be perfect for electric only. Perhaps this will get me off my duff and into action.

C'mon down to Nashville. Great place to be
Gray Stahlman
StahlmanGC is offline Find More Posts by StahlmanGC
Old May 24, 2004, 04:49 PM
Nashville TN
Joined Sep 2002
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda
Where is the Edwin Warner Park located incase I get a chance to check it out when we are there. Thanks
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...homesubmit.y=0

http://www.ewmaclub.org/

Come fly with us!
Frede is offline Find More Posts by Frede
Old May 25, 2004, 11:48 AM
Middle Tennessee
Joined Jun 2003
14 Posts
Near Nashville

We have a club and a great flying site, about 40 miles south of Nashville in Columbia. We have a 500 ft. paved runway and approx 40 acres of flying area. Check out our web site. Columbia RC website

Nashcat
nashcat is offline Find More Posts by nashcat
Old Sep 09, 2004, 11:08 PM
Detroit Rocks
Motor City. USA
Joined Dec 2002
187 Posts
Well Guys, I made it here last week and it is a nice place to live so far. Except for the morning and afternoon traffic. I live 2 miles from Edwin Warner park but with the flying hours there it makes it hard to fly sence I work days. When I have a week day off I will check it out. Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2004, 09:36 AM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
Great to see you made it to Nashville. I'm coming down to fly around the 17th of this month to Peeler. I really enjoy flying there and it might be more conductive to your flying times.
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:07 PM
Nashville, Tennesse, United States
Joined Mar 2004
195 Posts
2 miles, I take it you are close to bell meade. There is another park besides the warner's, just down the blvd, Parmer Park, an old school that burned down many years ago. Alot of the peewee leagues use it after school, but I have had no problems at all flying there. The specific directions allue me but if you go to phillips toy mart on harding(great source for glue, wood, even foam cutters) they should be able to tell you. Also we have more churches per square mile than any place on earth I believe(this is a real fact!) Many of them have no problem either as long as you get permission. There is also the Natchez Trace Parkway with beautiful views open land and history. While Warner parks is a fantastic place, the park alone is 1600 acres with miles of paved road, the rules are set in stone 8am-3pm mon-fri sadly this will likely never change. Welcome to Nashville.
Higher is offline Find More Posts by Higher
Old Sep 14, 2004, 09:47 PM
Detroit Rocks
Motor City. USA
Joined Dec 2002
187 Posts
Higher, I am on old Hockory between 70S and 100. Could you tell me which way from warners and on what Blvd is Parmer Park on. thanks
Last edited by Cuda; Sep 14, 2004 at 10:00 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 09:52 PM
Detroit Rocks
Motor City. USA
Joined Dec 2002
187 Posts
Gray,I found the park today on the way to work. Do you fly by the back stop that has the orange fence up or on the other side towards nashville? If the weather is good and If I can get out I plan on stopping by and maybe toss the little plane in the air for a flight or two.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 09:57 PM
Detroit Rocks
Motor City. USA
Joined Dec 2002
187 Posts
Could someone tell me how to get to Peeler Park from Down town Nashville? Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2004, 10:11 AM
Nashville, Tennesse, United States
Joined Mar 2004
195 Posts
Cuda if you come towards town 70&100 merge take a right were the belle meade plantaion is, I think it is leake avenue, parmer park will be on your left.
Higher is offline Find More Posts by Higher