SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 13, 2004, 11:41 PM
Edgewood, NM
Joined Jan 2002
1,038 Posts
Bingo!

Here we go...

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi...action&key=MR6

$45...I was $15 off. I am going to look into this some more, but it definately seems very promising.

-Matt
zagisrule! is offline Find More Posts by zagisrule!
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:08 AM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2002
3,878 Posts
Good Ideas

Matt,

Do I need to go for coffee?

Roger

Rogerdoger is offline Find More Posts by Rogerdoger
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:15 AM
Edgewood, NM
Joined Jan 2002
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerdoger
Matt,

Do I need to go for coffee?

Roger

That depends Roger.....this is where your ham knowledge comes in!

What is your 2 cents?

-Matt
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:50 AM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2002
3,878 Posts
Ideas

Matt,

I don't like the fact that these things are produced and anyone can use it on a freq that requires a license. I would much rather see a FARS radio used and the receiver can be used to DF the transmitter.

Roger
Rogerdoger is offline Find More Posts by Rogerdoger
Old Apr 14, 2004, 08:45 AM
Suspended Account
Ocala, Florida
Joined Jan 2003
925 Posts
License

Anyone can acquire equipment that requires a license. Individually responsibility should prevent you from using it illegaly. I have a license so I didn't think about that. How about doing something on 2.4 ghz or 900 mhz. We are talking about a low powered transmitter which would meet those requirements. How about putting it on one of the R/C 72 mhz frequencies and use two of the frequencies when you fly. That is a bit cumbersome when you fly at a club with an impound box but there are still guys who fly the old illegal wide-band stuff and have to use three of our current frequencies.
It could even transmit on the same frequency your R/C transmitter is on because it only comes on when your transmitter is turned off.
Regards, John
Extremeone is offline Find More Posts by Extremeone
Old Apr 14, 2004, 09:52 AM
Edgewood, NM
Joined Jan 2002
1,038 Posts
I see what you guys are saying...there are also some UHF transmitter/receiver modules that could be used, I think in the 2.4 ghz range. I will look into them. I am interested in doing the information downlink, so it can't be on the same channel as the plane's equipment, and I would really prefer to get pre-designed RF modules, I don't have much experience with RF stuff at all.

I was planning on the liscense anyway, so that was not as much a concern.

-Matt