SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 24, 2004, 08:31 PM
Wanted...More Time To Fly
Auburn, Georgia
Joined Mar 2004
72 Posts
Idea
ne1 have the NEW hobbico nexstar select 46??

hello fellow rc pilots... im new at this whole rc airplane thing and im not really sure of the planes just by looking at them but the one i do know is the hobbico nexstar select lol so far thats my goal to have BEFORE i turn 16 (yesh i know im a youngin) anyways i was just asking to see if anyone has the nexstar and i was wandering if they could give me their opinion on overall flight for this particular aircraft remember i am new at this soo please dont use very long words thanks lol later pilots
happy flying
nexstar is offline Find More Posts by nexstar
Last edited by nexstar; Mar 27, 2004 at 01:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2004, 09:17 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,295 Posts
It is a good choice....I've tested one and found it very acceptable. Just fly it without the autopilot.

Jerry
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 30 cc Sbach flies!
Old Mar 25, 2004, 03:17 PM
Auburn, Georgia
Joined Mar 2004
72 Posts
thanks tails i'll probbly try flying once or twice maybe more with the auto pilot seeing as im a beginner and all but thanks for the advice

josh
Old Mar 26, 2004, 09:42 AM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,295 Posts
Fly with the wing tip mods on along with the speed brakes - it flys great!

Jerry
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2004, 03:38 PM
Auburn, Georgia
Joined Mar 2004
72 Posts
ok,thanks jerry ttyl
josh
Old Mar 28, 2004, 05:10 PM
Cub Fanatic
Lytton Springs, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
226 Posts
I do not wish to "bash" or insult anyone, but why is this thread still in this (Giant Scale) forum when my post of a 1/5 scale Cub (at least a "scale model" question) was moved.

The Nexstar is in no way a "scale" model.

Sorry, but still qurious....

Dano13
Dano13 is offline Find More Posts by Dano13
Old Mar 28, 2004, 09:21 PM
Auburn, Georgia
Joined Mar 2004
72 Posts
first off dano im new at this message board thingy mubobber and when i posted this i didnt know i was still in the giant scale forum and yes i know that the nexstar is NOT a giant scale model nor a scale model so if u would plz only answer my question if u have the nexstar thanks dano

josh
p.s. u spelt curious wrong
Old Mar 29, 2004, 09:29 AM
USA, Ellensburg, Central Washington State
Joined Jul 2003
122 Posts
Hi NEXTAR,
I have seen the plane also and it flys JUST as ADVERTISED!!!

JUST BE SURE to have some help with it by an expearenced
R/C flyer... It is a GREAT trainer but you can still put it in
or most likely Loose It... (watch it fly off into the distance)

Walt..
Walt and Sage is offline Find More Posts by Walt and Sage
Old Mar 29, 2004, 11:02 AM
Cub Fanatic
Lytton Springs, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
226 Posts
Nexstar,
As I told you via a PM, and have stated above, I have nothing against you or your post. I see posts moved all the time because they were accidently posted in the wrong forum. It happens!

Call me disgruntled, I simply wanted to know why your thread (post) was still here. I guess I was hoping for a reply from the moderator.

Honestly, you would get better response if it was moved to the General Aircraft forum, If you haven't posted there already.

To answer your question, I'm sorry, I have no experience with the Nexstar.

Dano13

p.s.
you shouldn't correct other folk's spelling when you have *spelled* a few words wrong yourself.

p.s.s
I would also like to know, for future reference, what is considered "Giant Scale", vs just plain "Scale". What is the determining factor, wingspan, percent (i.e. 33%), 1/3, 1/4,???? You get the idea....

I publicly appologize to all for my posts in this forum. I will no longer post here unless it asks of a specific response from me.
Last edited by Dano13; Mar 29, 2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2004, 08:11 PM
Auburn, Georgia
Joined Mar 2004
72 Posts
hi dano im sorry to have seemed rude about my comment earlier in the message board as i said before if did know i was still in the giant scale forum i wouldnt have posted here in the first place,and if i knew how to delete my own post i would and move it to another forum but unfortunantly i dont lol so anyways,yesh i know i do spell some words wrong and i apologize for correcting your error. reply to p.s.s
i think the determining factor for a giant scale model is to be over a half scale but there again im only a newbie i dont know these things...yet! lol p.s u do not have to remove ur comments or no longer post in this forum after all im not the moderator nor the site owner so, if u wish u can remain posting in this forum i leave this choice to u and to u alone. i ALSO apologize to all for ne rude or abusive comments i mightve said in the past.
thank u
Old Mar 29, 2004, 08:15 PM
Auburn, Georgia
Joined Mar 2004
72 Posts
walt and sage,
thank u for ur commentary i hope these answer to my post will help me make my decision for an aircraft in my very near future of flying thank u again to all and walt and sage i will most deffinently have an experienced flyer by my side at all times... well atleast until i learn the aircraft lol thanks again to all who have helped me make my decision on the hobbico nexstar.

josh
Old Mar 30, 2004, 07:04 PM
Cub Fanatic
Lytton Springs, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nexstar
hi dano im sorry to have seemed rude about my comment earlier in the message board as i said before if did know i was still in the giant scale forum i wouldnt have posted here in the first place,and if i knew how to delete my own post i would and move it to another forum but unfortunantly i dont lol so anyways,yesh i know i do spell some words wrong and i apologize for correcting your error. reply to p.s.s
i think the determining factor for a giant scale model is to be over a half scale but there again im only a newbie i dont know these things...yet! lol p.s u do not have to remove ur comments or no longer post in this forum after all im not the moderator nor the site owner so, if u wish u can remain posting in this forum i leave this choice to u and to u alone. i ALSO apologize to all for ne rude or abusive comments i mightve said in the past.
thank u
No appologies needed on your part, I am the one who started the "fuss".

Whatever your decision on a training aircraft, I wish you the best! I am a newbie also and have only a working trainer. I have a kit also to build, but the time is not right just yet to get started.

Good luck!

Dano13
Old Mar 30, 2004, 08:14 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,295 Posts
Dano13, keep us posted to your progress.....flying season has arrived

Jerry
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2004, 08:20 PM
Auburn, Georgia
Joined Mar 2004
72 Posts
lol this is true jerry flying season has ARRIVED!!!! yay!! good luck 2 all who have posted on this and other forums on this years flying season lol !! good luck guys and gals! have fun...oh and by the way try not to do ne loop d doos lol atleast not yet have fun ppls!!

josh

dano 13 i also used to have a kit but at the time i had no idea had to build or what an aileron was lol i cant remember precisely what kit it was,but i gave to one of my dads friends for $85 and he had it flying in less than a week!! sadly he crashed it into the side of a house shortly after lol he wasnt paying attention or so he says. i think he lost it in the sun *ouch!*newayzzz hes an awesome pilot!! ive seen him fly! newayzz good luck 2 all in this years flying season....again lol later guys and gals.
Old Mar 30, 2004, 09:23 PM
Cub Fanatic
Lytton Springs, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tailskid2
Dano13, keep us posted to your progress.....flying season has arrived

Jerry
Yes it has! Unfortunately, my health situation keeps me from flying as often as I would like.
As for the kit, heh, I still gotta build that workshop. ACK! A two bedroom mobile home with 4 people living in it is no place to try and build a model with a 7 foot wingspan.

But, hey! I still have all you fine folks in these forums to fuss and discuss with!

May the weather gods be on your side...Happy flying!

Dano13