Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 21, 2001, 09:51 PM
Syracuse, NY USA
Joined Dec 2001
35 Posts
Yippee!
New 3Ch system for sub 1 oz planes

Hi all

I am posting this to let folks know that Dynamics Unlimited is still around something new is coming. This was first posted on the pager motor thread:
----------------------------------------------------------

New Smaller R/C-Dynamics Unlimited Available
Hi all,

I just tuned into this thead as I have a few pager motors (no specs) am planning to put them to work soon.

I noticed earlier in this thread that someone thought Dynamics Unlimited (Clarence Hurd) had discontinued his super micro R/C systems.

Not true...he has retired from a life long career of creating engineering solutions for a commercial company and is now enjoying the freedom to travel so is hard to reach. He does still exist and has not stopped developing awesome toys for all of us who enjoy tiny controlled flight. Clarence enjoys more, and is much better at, electronic designing than marketing, so he tends to keep a low profile.

He is on the road now for a few weeks.

In fact, I was recently invited to personally fly the prototype of his latest system in his less than 1.0 oz 3ch. aerobatic plane. Power was a KP00? on 3 50mah nicds. The flight was very spritely and lasted over 5 mins.

I may be speaking out of turn here but I am so excited about his developments that I had to post this.

He indicated that he would soon be ready to ship this SMALLEST / LIGHTEST system I have ever seen. It is not complicated, but simple. It combines a 72mz Receiver, ESC and 3 channel encoder on one super small/thin/light pcb and uses two tiny proportional high freq "coil type" servos. I don't recall the total weight but it's only a few grams for the whole system.

The BIG news is that it will be VERY MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE!!

When I hear from him again I will try get more details or try to talk him into getting some info posted here on E-Zone somplace. Where would be the best place to post new info on this?

Darryl

to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2001, 10:04 PM
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2001
743 Posts
Sounds great, this would be the best place to post more info when available. So now it comes down to who is first, the MicroMag or Dynamics Unlimited. Do you have an Idea on the required cell count?
Thanks for the Post
Philip
fill is offline Find More Posts by fill
Old Dec 21, 2001, 10:41 PM
What Canary?
Huntsville, AL USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,726 Posts
Dsan,

That is good news. Is Dynamics Unlimited answering e-mails now? I e-mailed them and FMA. FMA replied that they will have a system in February. It will be nice to get a whole system from one source and hopefully at a good price.

Keith
KeithK is offline Find More Posts by KeithK
Old Dec 22, 2001, 07:15 AM
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
7,701 Posts
Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the information. It does sound exciting!

Is there a Web link for "Dynamics Unlimited" or is it strictly an e-mail contact?
Greg Covey is online now Find More Posts by Greg Covey
Old Dec 22, 2001, 08:00 AM
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2001
743 Posts
I have http://home.twcny.rr.com/dynamicsunlimit/index.html but this site does not have the new info.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 11:06 AM
Syracuse, NY USA
Joined Dec 2001
35 Posts
Dynamic Unlimited is essentially a one man company at this time, so everything that gets done to design, test, (re-design) setup manufacturing, etc is done by that one guy who is enjoying the freedom to travel. Just how soon, "soon" will be I cannot say. I had a phone call from him last week from South Carolina or somewhere down that way and he said he was working on outsourcing the manufacturing of parts and hoped they would be set up "soon".

Cell count: I don't know the range, just that what I saw was three 50mah nicds.

E-mail: I think his e-mail is only available to him through a local central NY ISP so I don't know how often or even if he gets e-mail.

Web site: As fill posted there is a site. The site was developed by Clarence's son Dan a year or more ago. Dan has since moved off ant married and all that stuff so the site is frozen at this time. It does have some neat pics and videos of the first super micro system and his model called Skeeter.

As I said before I will attempt to get a better method of contact and more info once I hear from Clarence again.

Merry Christmas to all

Darryl
dsan1 is offline Find More Posts by dsan1
Old Dec 22, 2001, 02:12 PM
Syracuse, NY USA
Joined Dec 2001
35 Posts
News! I just heard from Clarence. He and his wife are now enjoying the sunny blue skies of Florida....but more importantly I asked about for some details on the new system.

He stated that his design goals were to make it as light as possible, as simple to use as possible and it HAD TO BE PROPORTIONAL like real R/C systems and be LOW VOLTAGE.

System name: RFFS100

Weight: He estimates that the complete "All in One" 3 channel Receiver/Encoder board including electronic speed control will be between 1.5 and 2grams. He's estimating because his very accurate (expensive) gram scale was just shipped to him from NY and arrived destroyed. His estimates are extracted from weights realized in the "heavier" prototype systems. The coil type "servos" weigh in at .6 grams each and are more powerful than those in his first production system. So it appears that the all up weight of the full 3ch control system will be around or under 3grams. Awesome!

Cells/Voltage: The RFFS100 runs on as low as 1.8volts and up to 4.8volts. (2-4cells)

The motor on the plane I saw was indeed the "standard" KP00 with a U80 prop giving excellent aggresive performance for 5 plus minutes. He thought it drew 750ma or less.

He indicated that he has been behind in responding to old inquiries but now has a way to get his email and has vowed to check his e-mail more often. Inquiries should go to: du@twcny.rr.com

Hope this helps.

Darryl
Old Dec 22, 2001, 03:19 PM
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2001
743 Posts
Sounds like that is what I'm looking for, put me on the list
Philip
Old Dec 22, 2001, 05:08 PM
Syracuse, NY USA
Joined Dec 2001
35 Posts
3 grams @ under $99.99

Well, now we've started something! I guess I got his attention when we spoke earlier today.

Clarence (Dynamics Unlimited) just called me back with some very important news!!!

The RFFS100 3gram, three channel airborne system, including Rx, ESC and 2 "servos" should be shipping by around the end of January and hold on to your hats.......

Your cost: $99.99!!!!! any standard 72mhz aircraft chan.

I have requested that my company American FunFly Co be made an authorized dealer for Dynamics Unlimited systems. AFF has been building custom electric motor systems since 1992. Sorry, but we are between hosts and do not yet have our new web site operational. I will post an address here when we have a site up again.

There will be less than 70 systems available in the first production run, so email me at dsanfor1@twcny.rr.com to get your order position placed with American FunFly Co.

Now that's exciting!

Merry Christmas!

Darryl
Old Dec 22, 2001, 08:41 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,426 Posts
Darryl,
Thanks for your efforts. I emailed you already, but put me down for one.
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Dec 23, 2001, 03:52 AM
Syracuse, NY USA
Joined Dec 2001
35 Posts
Dynamic Unlimited System Info update

Here are some more details on the new RFFS100 airborne system, excerpted from a letter we are sending out to the many email requests we have had:

I've now had several conversations with Clarence, the designer, about how to best handle the demand and where they are in the manufacturing process.

Shipping date update:

He has the Rx PCBs already populated. He's awaiting a shipment of crystals from overseas. That company is saying their eta is "30 days". The company manufacturing the "servo" coils has committed to ship the production run by late January, but he's still waiting to receive a run sample to verify that it meets the his specs.

Performance:

The Rx is a single conversion as are most small Rxs now days. The system is controlled by a tiny computer processor.

He says that with an 18" antenna the range should be up to 500 feet which ought be plenty with the size of plane it's designed for 10" to 20" wingspan. You can increase range by doubling the ant. length (but you may lose sight of your tiny plane.. )

The electronic speed control is built in as part of the Rx PCB. He designed the RFFS100 with the KP00 or Kenyway KR1D motors in mind, but it will drive any motor that's happy on 4.8volts or less and draws 1 amp at that voltage. The actual limits will likely be higher than that but testing has yet be done.

The "all in one" Rx unit is tiny in size (.5"x1.35") and is built on a super light, wafer thin (.014) circuit board. A "a very neat design" says Clarence.

The "servos" are coils that are driven by a high frequency pulse train developed by the processor/decoder. The coils are 50ohm. They move in direct proportion to your transmitter controls, not "bang bang" or galloping ghost, but true digital proportional control!

The current model is programed for Futaba/Hitec only. Other vendors will be considered based on demand. This system does not have channel mixing onboard, "maybe on another system in the future".

All of the first production run units will be shipped according to the priority of your order number. Everyone who sends a refundable deposit will be assigned an order position number.

As of now (the wee hours of 12/22) nearly 25% of the first production run have been spoken for. If you have an interest, please email me at dsanfor1@twcny.rr.com to learn how to submit a deposit.

Thanks for your interest and Merry Christmas to you & yours!

Darryl Sanford
American FunFly Co
Old Dec 23, 2001, 07:42 AM
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2001
743 Posts
Darryl

Does American FunFly Co have a web site?

Phil
Old Dec 23, 2001, 09:34 AM
DNA
NE Ohio
Joined Jun 2001
3,311 Posts
Darryl,

Do the actuators have some form of centering or do they
require balanced control surfaces?
Are they strong enough to be used on ailerons?
Thanks
DNA is offline Find More Posts by DNA
Old Dec 23, 2001, 10:58 AM
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
7,701 Posts
Thanks for the info. Daryll.

Maybe I can make my Graupner Micro Taxi R/C afterall.

E-mail has been sent.

Happy Holidays!
Greg Covey is online now Find More Posts by Greg Covey
Old Dec 23, 2001, 05:29 PM
Syracuse, NY USA
Joined Dec 2001
35 Posts
RFFS100-PayPal Fix!

Hi All,

PayPal problem: Thanks to those who wrote to tell me there was a PayPal problem. If you tried to pay a deposit via PayPal and they sent a note back saying the "recipient in not registered" it means that you used the info that I sent in my letter telling you how to send a deposit. Great help, huh?

I made a digital error....my digits (tired fingers) put an extra "d" in my email address so PayPay says I'm not registered. My apologies!

The Fix?: I had the same thing happen to me the first time I ordered something using PayPal. I believe the fix was to cancel the first "request to send money" and issue a new one to the correct link and address. It's worth a try.

To hold the order position you were trying to secure, just forward a copy of PayPal's letter saying I'm "unregistered" and we will use that letter's date and time for your order positon and give you another 10 days to get a deposit to us through PayPal again or by other means.

Here's the correct link and my correct email address:

https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=dsanfor1@twcny.rr.com

mailto:dsanfor1@twcny.rr.com

Thanks.

Darryl
American FunFly Co