HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2004, 10:47 PM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
It was alot of fun. Would have been alot more fun if I'd had my Dev going

Hopefully it will be back up soon. I'm trying ot get the old Hyperwing back up, but it isn't cooperating. If all else fails, I may have to build a fan fold wing to go at you guys with.

Get ready, cause I may bring my 'Nutz to the field.

Nick
Nick King is offline Find More Posts by Nick King
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2004, 05:22 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Looks like a great weekend of flying!! Jimmy, I've got a lot going on the next couple of weekends, the Dev is up in the air though so hopefully I can sneak over and fly with you gents! Nick, you are a brave soul doing combat with the MBOP!! Have you changed motors??
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Apr 06, 2004, 12:44 PM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
Running the Himax on there. It zooms! Or at least did until I landed yesterday and bent the shaft all to heck. now I've got to send it off and have a new shaft put in.

Nick
Old Apr 11, 2004, 04:51 AM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
Just so everyone knows what I'm working on, here's a pic of my current big project. Everyone has heard me talk about it. Hopefully it will be ready to go by the St Gen fly in.

This isn't actually mine-I pulled it from the original thread for the B-17 conversion. Mine is still a pile of gray foam right now. I've got everything for it, even got some 3 blade props.

Nick
Last edited by Nick King; Apr 11, 2004 at 04:54 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 07:53 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
I was going to say WOW Nick! If it's still a pile of foam, you better get cracking on it! Are you using the stock motors and battery with it?
Old Apr 11, 2004, 09:25 AM
Carrying a lot of weight!
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Nick, you said it was big, but, that thing is HUGE! This is gonna be about 4 steps to the left of COOL!

Dave,
I cant wait to combat against this thing...
therotund1 is offline Find More Posts by therotund1
Old Apr 11, 2004, 10:06 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therotund1
Nick, you said it was big, but, that thing is HUGE! This is gonna be about 4 steps to the left of COOL!

Dave,
I cant wait to combat against this thing...
Dave you planning on making a Spad ME-109?? That would be something to see!
Old Apr 11, 2004, 10:21 AM
Carrying a lot of weight!
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
No, not a SPAD Me109, I was thinking of a SPAD He 111 and doing the full contact combat! Just kidding...

It would be cool to do a fake combat type thing with Nick's GWS Me 109. That would look just great!

Didn't the Luftwaffe have a flying wing type plane? Could a Devastator be modified to look like it? Hmmm, interesting...

Dave,
Imagine...
therotund1 is offline Find More Posts by therotund1
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:34 AM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
It's pretty big....Hehe

I am working on it...most of the work is in the finishing.

I'm using the stock motors. Everyone says it has plenty of power. I can't find any specs on what is recommended, so I just made an 8 cell 2400SCR pack. Some other guys were using these, and they seem to give good results.

Combat...only if I can get up high and drop contact explosive on everyone's planes as they sit on the ground...How's that for realism?

BTW, how does everyone like the new look? Looks like a Mac got hold of it!

Nick
Old Apr 13, 2004, 08:07 AM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
What's up with this snow? In case it's not coming down where you guys are, we area bout half an hour away from 1 inch on the ground. Wasn't it like 75 degrees 4 days ago? And itsn't it supposed to be nearly 80 this weekend? I mean, seriously, somebody needs to slap this weather system back into line. The weather never used to get this out of hand, at least not as I remember.

Arrgh. Spend time inside building I guess. Neraly finished with my Mig 15. should be ready for a test flight this weekend. It's gonna scream! 3 turn Mega in the fan unit with lithium batteries. Make all the Mega Fuller Lipo Suction Motor jokes you guys want, but this thing is going to be sick.

Nick
Old Apr 13, 2004, 08:10 AM
Jackson, TN
Joined Sep 2003
277 Posts
Two inches in Jackson.

Would I make such a cruel and crass joke as that.
hooter is offline Find More Posts by hooter
Old Apr 13, 2004, 06:29 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
It's because of the current party in office. If the other party was in office we wouldn't have such strange weather....

Just kidding!
Old Apr 13, 2004, 08:35 PM
Jackson, TN
Joined Sep 2003
277 Posts
Yea, I heard Al Gore was going to give a speech in Jackson today about "Global Warming"

OH!! NO!!

I opened a political can of worms here!!

Good thing we have a resident moderator on this thread that is good at calming thing like this down!!!
Old Apr 14, 2004, 07:42 AM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
Oh? What did Gore say? That he invented global warming? Or that the internal combustion engine is the most evil device evr invented and should be burned at the stake?

I think we should ammend the Constitution and elect arnold president. Everybody would be afraid to mess with us then.

Nick
Old Apr 14, 2004, 08:04 AM
Jackson, TN
Joined Sep 2003
277 Posts
And this statement coming from a guy who had more IC planes at the field this weekend than I did!!