HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2004, 01:50 AM
Panama City
Joined Feb 2004
16 Posts
Hey Guys, just wanted to hollar and let you know I haven't forgot about you fellas. Since the weather has turned nice everybody seems to be flying (RC as well as Big stuff). We've been pretty busy at the airport.

I've been flying a little on Mon and Tues. I even flew a couple of weekends ago at the airport. Pretty nice landing and taking off from the asphalt.

I hope to get out on Sundays starting next week.

Talk to ya soon.

Nick Hatcher
88apex is offline Find More Posts by 88apex
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2004, 07:03 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Don't feel too bad Nick number deux! I haven't flown there in several weeks either!! That does give Jimmy, Dave, and the others to hone their limited skills though and perhaps reach the peak of flying perfection that I've evolved into!
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Mar 28, 2004, 08:05 AM
Carrying a lot of weight!
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sims
That does give Jimmy, Dave, and the others to hone their limited skills though and perhaps reach the peak of flying perfection that I've evolved into!
Don
HAH!!

in case your hearing is as bad as your eyesight, I'll repeat it...

HAH!!

Dave,
I'm not far behind you... What did he say, anyway?
therotund1 is offline Find More Posts by therotund1
Old Mar 28, 2004, 08:20 AM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
We were wondering about you Nick H.! Come on out and play.

Did you call the tower to get clearance for your flights at MKL?

Fear in Jackson TN? Didn't happen Saturday. So called "superior, cutting edge technology electrical propulsion unit" ZERO.

"Antiquated, leaky, fossil fueled propulsion unit" WON (1)

Tim T. Got a clean streamer cut. The only streamer cut. The victim was our own electric champion Nick K. (crash_out) Alex (spadhunter) also flew but, just couldn't quite seal the deal. Close though. Nick flew very aggressively. Nick and Alex had some midair contact and the only damage was a stripped elevon servo on the Devastator. Even with the damage, Nick came in for a safe and perfect landing. I was going to fly with my 60 Stick but, Alex pionted out that it would've been an RCCA rule violation. Since Jimmy didn't have a plane quite combat ready, I decided to sit this one out. I can't impose our "run what ya brung" attitude if I'm the only one doing it.

Dave,
easily amused...
Old Mar 28, 2004, 08:29 AM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Well, Nick's conversion to the slimer side is shaping up nicely. All is going according to plan.

If you'll remember, Nick brought out his tiny Stick and flew it with authority!
Old Mar 28, 2004, 08:31 AM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
So now the power of the slime has forced him to enlarge his plane choice to a 40 size Ultra Stick!
Old Mar 28, 2004, 08:35 AM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Look closely, and you'll see a glow engine on this plane, and of course that jug of slime juice is a dead giveaway.

In all seriousness, Nick maidened his new plane saturday in 10-20 MPH winds and flew it like he'd had it for years. Great job Nick!

Dave,
just stirring things up....
Old Mar 28, 2004, 08:52 AM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
Since Hobby Lobby isn't going to have my motor in stock until may 5th, I got tired of the plane sitting there gathering dust. I'm sure it'll fly 200% better with an electric power source.

It just goes to show you that flying electrics makes one an inherently better pilot. If I'd been flying glow forever, I couldn't have ever been that good with it. Any thing you can do, I can do best!

Seriously, flying little underpowered electrics hones your skill at flying on wing, which came in handy with this thing. And flying the 100 mph Devestator teaches you to handle a quick and responsive plane. In all actuality, it's not that much different. The apprehension comes from flying a larger, more destructive, and generally more expensive aircraft.

Nick
Nick King is offline Find More Posts by Nick King
Old Apr 05, 2004, 09:45 PM
Jackson, TN
Joined Sep 2003
277 Posts
OK!!!!!! Don,

Nick is out of commission with his Dev for a little while, but I am in Spad mode again!!!

Had the prototype out this weekend, and it flew great, other than a crappy engine, but that will be resolved by next weekend!!!

If the pilot was as good as the plane, I think I could whip up on anything that comes my way. I still have to work on the piloting skills!!!

This next weekend is Easter so I won't be at the field full time but the next weekend....

I expect you to wipe the smudges off the tri-focals and let me put you "Letric" boy's in your places!!!!
hooter is offline Find More Posts by hooter
Old Apr 05, 2004, 10:23 PM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Here's the "Wrecking Crew", left to right, Herve (SPAD with the sticker on the tail), Jimmy (other Spad), Tim (black Bat), Alex (white Bat) and Nick (Bird of Prey).
Old Apr 05, 2004, 10:25 PM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Nick's evading Tim while Jimmy tries the Kamikaze approach
Old Apr 05, 2004, 10:26 PM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Ooops.
Old Apr 05, 2004, 10:27 PM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Jimmy chasing Alex while Nick is hunting...
Old Apr 05, 2004, 10:29 PM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Nick diving on Tim who was chasing Herve (the streamer to the left)
Old Apr 05, 2004, 10:34 PM
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
A good couple of rounds guys! Alex got a streamer, Nick got part of a streamer, Jimmy had lots of deadsticks, Tim had a cartwheel on a landing and Herve was the target drone. (Sorry Herve )

Dave,
image capturer