Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Pereth, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 08:51 PM
United States, TX, Caldwell
Joined Mar 2009
62 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
$335.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold
Spanky mini H-quad w/ 5.8 fpv gear, good range!

I am selling my Spanky 250 sized mini H quad, BNF, in order to fund a long range plane fpv setup.

Video taken a few days ago on 2 blade props, just got the 3 bladed in and it in fact added more power!:

Spanky Mini H Quad fpv flight (5 min 2 sec)

Gear:
-Spanky frame
-RCX 1804 2400KV Motors
-Luminiere 12a simonk esc's
-RTF Quads 700TVL camera
-RTF Quads flip 1.5 fc
-FRSKY X8R RX (Naked, will include RX case)
-FRSKY coaxial dipole antennas (good for 1-2km on stock taranis or frsky module radio depending on weather/area, some have reported 3km)
-Gemfan 3 Bladed props (4 extra props included)
-Fat shark 250mw vTX
-Neewer cloverleaf antenna
-LED lighting on bottom of quad for night flying (white in front and red in back). I put them on the bottom so they stay out of the camera's view.
-XT60 connector on power lead (using the small power distribution board that came with the spanky frame)

The quad flies great, It has only about 10 flights on it. It gets 4:50 minute flights (3s 1300mah packs coming down at 3.72 ish volts, carrying mobius camera as well). With this receiver / antenna combo on my 450 quad with kvOSD, I have gone 1km, and still had good signal, so this quad can get some distance over other 2.4 systems.

I built it light, leaving the rx naked, keeping all wires as short as possible, and not using bullets between the motors and esc's (saved 12 grams overall!) I have been soldering (trained) for years, and put each motor to esc connection in a jig before soldering to ensure good high quality solder joints.

Stock PID's seem to work great. I have rates turned up for faster flips, and expo turned up as well. I can adjust this if needed, or you can easily using multiwiiconf and a micro usb cable.

The picture quality on this camera is awesome, I notice the difference over my fatshark 600tvl. Camera came with a metal case, that I modified, taking off 90% of the metal, leaving only what was necessary to hold the lens in place over the board, then covered the camera with a light sheet of electrical tape. works great and it shaved off a lot of weight.

Camera and VTX are powered off the balance lead of battery, so if you just want to fly LOS you don't have to plug them in.

The clean stage works great, and there is no jello in the mobius (hard mounted) or 700TVL fpv cam. The motors have been balanced, but my magnetic balancer wasn't accurate enough for the 3 bladed props, they seemed balanced anyways, and cause no vibration.

I did have tiny cups glued beneath the motors as landing gear, but after coming off or cracking on harder landings, I left them off. cleaned up the glue best I could, see pics for what it looks like under the motors on the legs.

$335 shipped lower 48

I would rather not sell the 2 batteries, but will if desired. They are Readymade rc 1300mAh 3S 35C Lipo Packs, with xt60 connectors and each has only about 5 cycles great batteries. $19 each.

mobius and goggles not included.
Pereth is online now Find More Posts by Pereth
Last edited by Pereth; Mar 18, 2014 at 10:40 PM. Reason: changed some wording to be clear
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:34 AM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,457 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Keep it, you will regret selling it.
airbagit13 is offline Find More Posts by airbagit13
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:16 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2012
27 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
PMed this morning, waiting for your reply ~

PMed this morning, waiting for your reply ~
jasonyyd is online now Find More Posts by jasonyyd
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:53 AM
Joined Mar 2009
62 Posts
Jason, unfortunately I didn't get your pm, I just double checked, not sure what happened my inbox is not full.

Sold pending payment.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:58 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
1,916 Posts
Trader Rating: 61
Really great deal!
Now THIS combo is a great deal!
Waterbound is online now Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:12 PM
Joined Mar 2009
62 Posts
I didn't think it was too bad a deal myself Go ahead and re-send your pm if you'd like jasonyyd, just in case the current buyer doesn't complete the transaction.

Keep your eyes peeled, soon to be selling a full FPV setup, goggles included, on a 450 quad with kvteam osd, night lights, bluetooth, etc... good range on it too! Will cost a little more money though
Old Mar 19, 2014, 01:26 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Feb 2014
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Is the quad still available?
HeliSocal is online now Find More Posts by HeliSocal
Closed Thread