HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by pyrobus, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 08:18 AM
outstanding in the left field!
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
738 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
$15.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold
Estes proto x for parts or repair

Hi I have an Estes ProtoX Quadcopter for repair. When I purchased it it flew great but the flight times were low at about two minutes or less. Since then I flew it many times, changed out the props with new ones, but the one motor finally failed and it has been sitting for a while. I have pictures but do to technical difficulties I cant load them just now.

This deal includes:

1) The complete copter in good physical shape with recently installed props. Not flyable due to one motor that wont rotate. (it is the B motor with the black prop that is inoperative).

Note: after fiddling with it the motor rotates but wont lift off vertically due to the motor not putting out.

2) Two sets of new props in the package, one replacement set from estes in the sealed pack, and one new set that came with the quad in the tiny Ziploc.

3) Usb charge cord.

4) Stock Transmitter.

I just inspected this aircraft with a bright light and my wifes' reading glasses and have determined that it is in good condition with no cracks or broken wires. It is in Un-airworthy condition due to one erratic motor as described above. All the led's are functional and the only discrepancy is the defective motor.

Recap:

One protox needs motor repair (has recent new props installed)

two new sets of props , charge cord and transmitter with batteries.

Price 15.00 shipped in the lower 48.

Tracking and insurance at buyers cost and option.

Will be shipped usps cheapest way, or expedited at additional charge.

No warranty expressed or implied, but comes with honest inspection as described.

Nice set of parts.

Picture borrowed from internet thank you! Should be able to download actual pictures soon. Includes all as described above. Thanks for reading my long winded add.

Blue skies,

Mike

pyrobus is online now Find More Posts by pyrobus
Last edited by pyrobus; Mar 15, 2014 at 04:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2014, 01:29 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
2,710 Posts
Trader Rating: 79
Is it really that tiny, I seriously never knew it was so freaking tiny!
Waterbound is offline Find More Posts by Waterbound
Old Mar 15, 2014, 02:44 PM
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
738 Posts
Awesome little ride

Such a cool little critter I hate to see her go! In the hands of a good micro quad copter repair shop this thing will scream again. It just needs one of the motors replaced probably...

Love these little quads though if I don't get a good offer I will just buy another one!

The other three motors are fine, in my experience this sort of thing can be brushes or maybe if your lucky its just a solder joint!

Happy flying,

Mike
Old Mar 15, 2014, 04:30 PM
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
738 Posts
price reduced!

I have one offer of 15 shipped, I will wait until tomorrow to move on .

I did check the solder joint and it didn't help. The motors are 12 dollars and the entire copter can be had for 34-39 dollars.

Thanks!

Mike
Last edited by pyrobus; Mar 15, 2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: SOLD
Closed Thread