HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2014, 08:25 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simibill View Post
BNF does not include a transmitter. So I expected the setup to not require anything except the normal check of control movement and setting the travel and expo according to the manual.
Getting tougher to understand. "Normal check of control movement" always been number one - which is what you did and found you had to reverse one channel. It's the first thing you check any time you bind tx and rx and on every preflight check. Is this the first time you ever found a control direction that needed to be reversed?
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:13 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,963 Posts
I'm not sure what problems you guys are having. When I bound my TX, a Spektrum DX9 to my Artizan, I had to reverse the aileron channel. After that, and doing a test of the AS3X as per the manual, everything works fine. I didn't have to go into the receiver to "reverse" anything. I have about 10 flights on mine now with no issues, AS3X works as it should. I have done some advanced aerobatics with my Artizan and the plane performs fantastically. I think some of you are over thinking this, or your TX is to blame.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:59 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,013 Posts
Agree - simibill seems to think something is wrong if he has to reverse a channel in his transmitter. I have tried to explain that this is perfectly normal to no avail.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:17 PM
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Mar 2007
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Agree - simibill seems to think something is wrong if he has to reverse a channel in his transmitter. I have tried to explain that this is perfectly normal to no avail.
Well Mr obvious, The need to reverse a channel is perfectly normal in an installation not involving a AS3X system. In my case, I was concerned that the need to reverse my aileron channel would result in the Gain settings in the AR635 Rx also needed to be reversed. chucksolo69 said he did not need to change the gain settings on his Rx even though he did reverse his aileron channel. Trying to observe the movement of the ailerons when rocking the model to check proper deflection is difficult.
simibill is online now Find More Posts by simibill
Old Mar 15, 2014, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simibill View Post
Well Mr obvious, The need to reverse a channel is perfectly normal in an installation not involving a AS3X system. In my case, I was concerned that the need to reverse my aileron channel would result in the Gain settings in the AR635 Rx also needed to be reversed. chucksolo69 said he did not need to change the gain settings on his Rx even though he did reverse his aileron channel. Trying to observe the movement of the ailerons when rocking the model to check proper deflection is difficult.
Again, not really. All you need to do is make sure that when the appropriate wing is pitched down, so is that particular aileron. Very easy, a no brainer.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 04:15 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,260 Posts
Quote:
That's why I asked him if he was new to RC and a new flyer. That's something a newbie would ask. But he replied no, he is not a newbie. So I agree with you
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Mar 15, 2014, 05:19 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,013 Posts
Maybe I just tried to explain the wrong thing. The best approach might have been to explain that changing the travel direction in your transmitter has no effect on the as3x system. The only way to change any programming in the receiver is to go into program mode
Old Mar 16, 2014, 01:08 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Maybe I just tried to explain the wrong thing. The best approach might have been to explain that changing the travel direction in your transmitter has no effect on the as3x system. The only way to change any programming in the receiver is to go into program mode
I think he is a new flyer. If you been flying a little, you know that once you bind the TX and RX, you need to check all flying surface and do a flight check. His question is what newbie would ask
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Mar 17, 2014, 09:23 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Jan 2011
541 Posts
A couple of years ago I bound my brand new PZ SE5a to my Dx6i and took off on my maiden flight, which was also my very first aileron flight, with the ailerons reversed!!!

I can't believe I landed it safely! Fortunately I picked a calm day and a very large field. I walked we'll over 100 feet to where I managed to set her down. So yes, it came out of the box that way for me.

Lesson learned!
mybad is offline Find More Posts by mybad
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:46 AM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
I had to reverse the aileron servo on my BNF T-28. DIdn't seem like a big deal to me at the time...
mark.mcclelland is offline Find More Posts by mark.mcclelland
Old Mar 24, 2014, 03:53 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.mcclelland View Post
I had to reverse the aileron servo on my BNF T-28. DIdn't seem like a big deal to me at the time...
I think the big question was that perhaps when you reverse the ailerons on a plane equipped with AS3X stabilization, do you have to go in and tell the AS3X receiver you have done so. The answer is no. A BNF T-28 wouldn't be questioned since it uses a standard RX without AS3X. Just a tiny bit of confusion is all.