HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:55 AM
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Mar 2007
112 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone Artizan

I purchased the PNP version which includes the Spektrum AR635 Rx. In doing the setup, I noticed that the ailerons need to be reversed. This bothers me because this implies that there has been no testing of the system at the factory and that setting of the gain for the ailerons is backwards. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
simibill is offline Find More Posts by simibill
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2014, 01:15 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
They didn't have your transmitter at the factory to match the direction up with. That's why transmitters have the provision to reverse throws. It's simply luck of the draw whether they need to be reversed or not. Also notice you put this in the 3d foam forum which doesn't bother me at all, but This is not a 3d plane, but hopefully you were not wanting a 3d plane when you bought it.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Mar 14, 2014, 01:27 PM
Joined Mar 2007
112 Posts
Obviously the factory doesn't have MY transmitter, but I believe all Spektrum transmitters would need to have ailerons reversed to operate correctly, and therefor not be correct for AR635 gain settings.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 01:30 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
Nope - reverse or not is luck of the draw - no way to tell from one plane to the next or one tx to the next.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 01:33 PM
Joined Mar 2007
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Nope - reverse or not is luck of the draw - no way to tell from one plane to the next or one tx to the next.
That makes no sense to me.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 01:41 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,520 Posts
I don't think any company does a check of every single model on the line, this airplane would be no different. Reverse or not is linkage dependent so just flip it to reverse and go.

That is why I do testing of all components with a servo tester on the ground.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2014, 02:36 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simibill View Post
Obviously the factory doesn't have MY transmitter, but I believe all Spektrum transmitters would need to have ailerons reversed to operate correctly, and therefor not be correct for AR635 gain settings.
Might or might not have a problem with as3x actions being reversed. But manual clearly stresses that you MUST check this out before flying. It's part of every preflight with as3x. Remember, you've got something in your plane that is designed to move the control surfaces based on its own logic and decision, in addition to what instructions it receives from the transmitter.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 05:54 PM
CA Bay Area full grown KID
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Feb 2014
55 Posts
Simibill. Be SURE to check the correction directions pre flight. Page 10 in the manual for the 635 gives instructions for entering the gain adjustments based on standard vs reversed servos. Yours will be center on left stick and bottom left on right stick assuming youre in mode 2. One part that was confusing to me that I did not see in the manual is the fact that the gain will have to be NEGATIVE for any reversed servos. This was the case with my yak. Hopefully this helps you.
Junky
imagamejunky is offline Find More Posts by imagamejunky
Old Mar 14, 2014, 06:06 PM
Joined Mar 2007
112 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm really disappointed that a PNP as3x airplane needs to have gain settings reversed.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:22 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
PNP does not come with a receiver - you put your own in. Only BNF comes with a receiver.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:29 PM
Joined Mar 2007
112 Posts
Yes, I misspoke. I have the BNF version..
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:46 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,274 Posts
Hey Simimbill
Are you a new flyer?
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:49 PM
Joined Mar 2007
112 Posts
No. Why do you ask?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:54 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
536 Posts
You didnt buy this with the transmitter bundle, so why did you think that you wouldn't need to do some of the most BASIC setup on it ??
1101 is online now Find More Posts by 1101
Old Mar 14, 2014, 08:00 PM
Joined Mar 2007
112 Posts
BNF does not include a transmitter. So I expected the setup to not require anything except the normal check of control movement and setting the travel and expo according to the manual.