HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2004, 02:53 PM
Harrisburg, PA - USA
Joined May 2001
363 Posts
Protech Alpha and Topic, aka Dymond Take it Easy and Flipper?

I know that many of the US dealers have contacts (contracts?) abroad whereby they import planes with different coverings for resale here under different names than the Euro originals. NSP I know offers the Electron 400, which is the same plane as the FVK Prima. I believe there is a thread here where Sal willingly offered that information.

In my continuing search for 60" and 72" EP's I've come across two Protech planes that look identical to two planes I'm thoroughly familiar with. The Protech Alpha is the Dymond Take it Easy, and the Protech Topic is the Dymond Flipper. They are identical in looks and specs - except for the coverings.

Moreover, I can't find any dealers in the USA offering the Topic and the Alpha. I believe Dymond is doing the job here under the names Flipper and Take it Easy.

Can anyone confirm this?
Ron D is offline Find More Posts by Ron D
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2004, 03:19 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,393 Posts
Re: Protech Alpha and Topic, aka Dymond Take it Easy and Flipper?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron D
Can anyone confirm this?
Protech is a Belgian Company. The planes you mention are made in China ( Green models or something to that order) and distributed by several companies under their own names.

FWIW, I heard the Chinese "builders" frame a wing in about 20 minutes, and take about 20 minutes more to cover it...
WimH is online now Find More Posts by WimH
Old Mar 21, 2004, 10:16 PM
Harrisburg, PA - USA
Joined May 2001
363 Posts
I suppose if they pay these "builders" by the hour, that would explain why they are so inexpensive to purchase.

BTW - covering a wing in 20 minutes is no big deal. I can do it. But you wouldn't want to buy it.
Ron D is offline Find More Posts by Ron D