Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 20, 2004, 10:06 PM
Joined Mar 2004
2 Posts
Can someone please tell me how

to hook up a new connector to my Hitec flash 5 wall charger? I want to cut off the standard connector that plugs into the tx and add a connector that will charge the battery while removed from the tx. The wires to the standard connector are both black, but one has long white dashes on it. Does this one go to the red or the black wire on the new connector? Thanks in advance for any help. JDD
jdd44 is offline Find More Posts by jdd44
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2004, 11:02 PM
Dead stick!!
Joined Mar 2002
1,377 Posts
I don't know the answer, but I'm curious as to why you want to do this?
Peter Young is offline Find More Posts by Peter Young
Old Mar 20, 2004, 11:12 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Make an adapter.... get the Female plug from Radio Shack then you can plug and unplug it for charging your TX. Center is plus outside is negative.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Mar 21, 2004, 08:52 AM
Joined Mar 2004
2 Posts
PY- Iwanted to be able to slow charge a tx battery(I have 2) and still use the tx with the other battery. The slow charger takes about 15 hours.

Boomer- Thanks for that info; that's exactly what I needed to kn ow. And, by the way, thanks for your valuable contribution to the SSBOK (Slowstick Book Of Knowledge) which has enabled me to (starting from scratch and knowing nothing):
1. Choose a great plane as a gift for my son.
2. modify it to be almost bulletproof.
3.Learn how to fly it in spite of a warped wing we eventually
discovered and fixed.
4. had a great time doing it all.
Your help is much appreciated.
JDD
jdd44 is offline Find More Posts by jdd44
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:34 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
London, Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,979 Posts
Is the model memory in Flash5(if yours is a computer) non-volatile? If I remember right, having volatile memory means you'll lose all your model data when you remove your battery.
larsy87 is offline Find More Posts by larsy87
Old Mar 22, 2004, 08:07 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cam Galbraith
Is the model memory in Flash5(if yours is a computer) non-volatile? If I remember right, having volatile memory means you'll lose all your model data when you remove your battery.
Cam,
Removing Battery No problem!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace