HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Pro-Line PRO-2 Performance Buggy Conversion Kit

Transform your short course truck.

Splash

Pro-Line PRO-2 short course truck to buggy conversion kit!

Pro-Line released its PRO-2 short course truck back in September of 2013 and has followed it up with the PRO-2 Performance Buggy Conversion Kit. The PRO-2 SC truck has proven itself to be a great and versatile platform that is not only good for bashing, but can perform track duties without a hiccup. Now with the new PRO-2 Performance Buggy Conversion Kit, it gives the owners of the PRO-2 a very cool-looking and durable option to completely transform their ride while still allowing you to switch back to a short course truck.

Pro-Line styled this buggy conversion after a single seat Class 1 Desert Buggy and made sure to include plenty of scale details for realism. For instance, a polycarbonate interior with dashboard, steering wheel and driver figure that is topped-off with a helmet, rear engine cover and molded plastic window nets. The standout scale feature that adds to the buggies overall realism and was cleverly designed is the cage. It can be removed from the chassis in one piece and was molded from high-strength impact resistant plastic to stand-up to harsh off-road terrain. Pro-Line’s Secure-Loc system is utilized to hold the cage onto the chassis in two points. Remove the two caps and the cage simply lifts off. Included with the kit are mounts for an optional buggy wing and to install six of Pro-Line’s optional light buckets (item no. 6085-00).

Completing the conversion kit are front and rear bumpers. Extra attention was paid to the front bumper by Pro-Line since it faces the majority of the abuse when driving. An innovative shock absorbing front bumper was developed that looks like a full-size buggy bumper and does not transfer any of the forces from an impact into the shock tower.

Along with the PRO-2 Performance Buggy Conversion Kit, Pro-Line also announced that the clear buggy body and three replacement part kits were added to its product line-up. One replacement parts kit includes the cage, roof and front shock tower, another has the rear engine cover, cage mounts and helmet and the last includes the bumpers and light mounts. See below for part numbers and pricing.

I really like this buggy conversion for the PRO-2 short course truck, especially with Pro-Line showing three of the different types of buggies that you can create. Use your imagination and you can have one sick-looking, customized buggy. With that said, I am betting that Pro-Line will be releasing in the near future a PRO-2 SC Buggy kit.

KEY FEATURES

• Realistic Desert Style Buggy Appearance and Performance
  • Convert your SC Truck to a Buggy and back again as much as you want
  • Continues Pro-Line’s Legendary PRO-2 Durability Heritage
  • Scale Interior and driver figure for realistic Buggy Action
  • Optional 1:10 Buggy Wing Mount Included for Racing Applications
  • Add Pro-Line’s 6085-00 Light Buckets (sold separately) for Maximum Scale Appearance
  • Shock Absorbing Front Bumper Design
  • Whole Cage removes in a Single Piece
  • Cage Held on with 2 Secure-Loc Caps

ITEM NO. DESCRIPTION PRICE
6254-00 PRO-2 Performance Buggy Conversion Kit$76.46
3407-00 PRO-2 SC Buggy Clear Body$33.96
6254-01 PRO-2 Buggy Replacement parts (cage, roof & front shock tower)$25.46
6254-02 PRO-2 Buggy Replacement parts (engine cover, cage mounts & helmet)$16.96
6254-03 PRO-2 Buggy Replacement parts (bumpers & light mounts)$16.96
4001-00 PRO-2 2WD 1:10 Short Course Truck Kit$389.95

Learn more—PRO-LINE!

Last edited by Paul Onorato; Mar 06, 2014 at 04:55 PM..

Discussion

Old Mar 06, 2014, 05:07 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Contest announcement!

WANT A CHANCE TO WIN A

PRO-LINE PRO-2

SHORT COURSE TRUCK KIT?

Name: Pro-Line-PRO-2-win-pic.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 141.4 KB
Description: WIN the Pro-Line PRO-2 Short Course Truck Kit, item no. 4001-00.

Be sure to check RCGroups.com on Monday, March 10 for the details!

Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
Last edited by Paul Onorato; Mar 06, 2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2014, 05:46 PM
Romans 8:28
California
Joined Mar 2010
400 Posts
That is bad !!! I love it!
peacekeeper94 is offline Find More Posts by peacekeeper94
Old Mar 06, 2014, 07:02 PM
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacekeeper94 View Post
That is bad !!! I love it!
Me too! Just one problem...I like all three versions Pro-Line built so it would be really hard to to pick which one to go with.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 12:15 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Onorato View Post
Me too! Just one problem...I like all three versions Pro-Line built so it would be really hard to to pick which one to go with.

You can register under 3 different names, I won't tell them you did. Or... maybe I will, increases my chances on getting one.

Great looking conversion kit!
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 11:49 AM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,479 Posts
Okay my question is this:

I'm under the impression that hte PRO-2 is essentially Proline taking all their Slash upgrades and building a truck. Which is awesome, but it's essentially a Slash with every available upgrade Proline makes, am I wrong?

So, if that is the case, can this conversion kit be used on a Slash + PRO-2 low-CG?

I like this but it's not worth $400 for the truck and $80 for the conversion to get it. Already got a bunch of Slashes and I could convert one. Existing truck + $120 for the chassis + $80 for the conversion just might be worth it.
Rampage is offline Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Mar 07, 2014, 01:46 PM
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
From what I understand, the buggy conversion will work with a Traxxas Slash if you have the Pro-Line LCG performance chassis, transmission and Pro Trax Rear Shock Tower.

Also, the Pro-Line PRO-2 is not a Slash. Yes it is a 2WD short course truck but the parts don't interchange with each other.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:24 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,479 Posts
Ah, I was under the impression that the PRO-2 was all of Proline's Slash upgrades in one box that made a rolling chassis.

I know back in the day it was possible to build a Mini-T without a single Losi part on it, 100% aftermarket. I thought that's what the PRO-2 was. A Slash built of 100% aftermarket parts.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:28 PM
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Pro-Line does make parts for the Slash, but the PRO-2 and Slash are not the same truck...Similar maybe.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:35 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,479 Posts
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=PROC4000&P=Z

It's a Slash roller built completely out of Proline's aftermarket stuff.

Not a bad thing, I was just confirming what I already thought.

You answered my question tho and I appreciate it! I'm into this buggy but not $500 into it. $250 into it? Maybe. And if I can use the conversion on one of my Slashes with a few additional Proline parts, instead of having to buy the entire $400 kit, then all the better.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:55 PM
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
That is true. Did you see the post under the main one? We will have a Pro-Line PRO-2 contest starting on Monday where someone can win the truck.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:23 AM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,479 Posts
Is there anymore info on the contest? I'm not seeing much about it but I'm probably just missing it.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 01:18 PM
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
The contest will be posted shortly!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 03:17 PM
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
The giveaway to win a Pro-Line PRO-2 Short Course Truck has been posted!

Check it out! It is easy to enter and it is open to everyone on RCG, not just USA peeps!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2121626
Old Mar 10, 2014, 04:52 PM
Cow R/C
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Nov 2007
1,523 Posts
Love the looks of this conversion, and am absolutely going to have to get one. It looks incredible all 3 ways.
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
RCG Plus Member