HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Redwing’s Wing Lock System by Xion

Bending down in the hot sun fiddling with your wing bolts is now a thing of the past!

Splash

Redwing’s Wing Lock System will save you time at the field!

While at the 2014 eFest I got to hang out with Tim from Redwing RC. We talked about all kinds of cool stuff including the new Xion Wing Lock System that Redwing offers. This system really appealed to me as I hate installing wing bolts. Usually with conventional wing bolts installing them has the pilot standing hunched over the airplane in the hot sun fumbling around inside a tiny space trying to get the bolt into the hold, smashing a way too big tool into the fuse and then slowly and painfully tightening the bolt. Or if the bolts were changed out for thumb screws, it can still be a squeeze to get a hand in the wing bolt area and the thumb screw still needs to be cranked many times to get a snug fit of the wing to the fuse.

Thanks to Redwing and Xion, those days are over. The Redwing Wing Lock System lets you just “catch, twist and clamp in about 3 seconds.

Basically the system takes a normal wing bolt and replaces it with a cam system, so a quick twist of a handle, and then pushing that same handle down compresses the cam and locks the wing to the fuse. It is really a good idea. Also as an avid cyclist I recognized the system as a version of the tested and proven quick release system that is used by thousands of cyclists.

Xion Wing Lock System

Sale: $12.99

Description from Redwing:

The XION RC Wing Lock is a new innovative item that is LONG over due!

Do you HATE breaking your back bending over your plane trying to fit your hands in a tight space while screwing in your nylon bolt for 3 minutes? If so the XION Wing Lock is the answer!

It installs EASILY and allows for INSTANT attachment of your wings. Once installed, simply slide your wing onto the wing tube and into the fuselage, then click and lock! Locks your wing in, in SECONDS. See the video for a visual sample of how easy it is and how well it works. Available for planes that have 6mm T nuts installed in the wings OR 1/4-20. More sizes to come.

Specifications:

• Bolt threads: 6mm or 1/4-20 available
  • STRONG Aluminum construction
  • Weight: .5oz for one full set

Tim does a pretty good job of explaining the system... with a little twist... Make sure you watch the video!

Redwing RC presents the Xion Wing Lock - QUICK wing lock (4 min 5 sec)

For more info check out: REDWING RC

Discussion

Old Mar 04, 2014, 11:09 PM
No flying at the Control Tower
Canada, NT, Inuvik
Joined Jun 2010
132 Posts
Winner
karikamiya is offline Find More Posts by karikamiya
Old Mar 05, 2014, 10:10 AM
Fly Guy
Ballwin MO
Joined May 2010
61 Posts
We have had great success with these and they are being sold very quickly. we have the 6mm slated to be back in stock on the 24th of march.

If you have any questions let us know
Redwing RC is offline Find More Posts by Redwing RC
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:26 PM
Joined Sep 2011
137 Posts
Did you see the new version of their powerbox. It is loaded with features!!

Power Box RC PLANE - rccskj (8 min 21 sec)

POWER BOX - RC Plane - how to set up and install in your plane (12 min 34 sec)
mchadwick63 is offline Find More Posts by mchadwick63
Old May 06, 2014, 01:23 PM
Team RedWing RC
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Aug 2013
462 Posts
Great Idea! I hate wing bolts, I'm surprised no one's thought of this before.
RG916170 is offline Find More Posts by RG916170
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2014, 12:49 PM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,742 Posts
Great product...I really hope the product line expands with these. I have two of the 6mm version and they're to short for my application. I'd also like to see bolts that work with Aeroworks planes...I believe they are 8-24
Fidelity101 is offline Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member