SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 17, 2004, 08:08 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,694 Posts
How to get Ricky Carmichael from EU ?

More I see video out of this little cheap toy 130$ ... and more I would like to own on of them !

How the hell I can get one without move my ass to US ?

Gosh ... Got to go in far east soon ... but no ways to get a free trip to US in the short time ...

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2004, 09:12 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2003
98 Posts
ebay.........
;-)
bsixmiguel is offline Find More Posts by bsixmiguel
Old Mar 17, 2004, 09:25 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bsixmiguel
ebay.........
At the moment there is just a 2nd Hand available ...
With just shipping to US !!!

Nothing else the eBay ?
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:20 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2003
98 Posts
maybe radioshack.com
they were the one`s to sell them.
only i dont know about shipping!!

hope this helps
bsixmiguel is offline Find More Posts by bsixmiguel
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:50 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bsixmiguel
maybe radioshack.com
they were the one`s to sell them.
only i dont know about shipping!!

hope this helps
Danke ... aber kein hilfe !

RadioShack don't ship out-side us.

RadioShack is present with 2 and just two stores in EU: UK & Greece (I guess they did just for Steliosh) ...

Not sure if none of these ship outside the local country ...

RadioShack in Greece has no WEB ...
RadioShack in UK has a WAB ... but the items are years old compared to US ... still selling old ZipZap (SE is not there) ... no sign of the 1/5 rc bike !!

BTW Also the WEB in US ... has no more in stock the bike !

e_lm_70
Old Mar 17, 2004, 01:19 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,135 Posts
Radio Shack UK won't be getting any as the bikes are not CE marked and the frequency is not UK standard. I enquired months ago, there was a few of us here who wanted them then, I was also told the US stores were only supplied a certain amount and no more would be forthcoming? I gave up in the end!

John
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:56 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
I'd agree with keeping an eye on e-bay. The initial rush (when there was at least 10 or more on there all the time) has passed, but they still show up there occasionally. Maybe you'll find someone who will be willing to ship to Austria.

I got mine off of e-bay after my Rat Shack said they were a one-time seasonal product, and they weren't going to get anymore in. I got it new in the box for $130 USD, $10 shipping. You'd obviously have to pay a little more for shipping.

STeve B in NC
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Mar 20, 2004, 05:34 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
okay okay... I missed this thread for a couple of days and looked at it on Saturday night... So, let me check if they would sell it, probably checking on monday of course. Oh... the Greek R/S is housed within Carrefour stores. Right now, the craze is with the ZipZaps 1/87 r/c cars!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Mar 21, 2004, 04:13 PM
ckc
Joined Jan 2004
22 Posts
i contacted tandy here in australia (which is radio shack here)but they wont bring it in, they wouldnt order it for me
any other aussie know of a way we can get one?
ckc is offline Find More Posts by ckc
Old Mar 21, 2004, 05:54 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
I did have a look on ebay, and there seem to be at least 5-6 used RC-RCs... not bad! Let's just make sure we dont hit eachother on this if we re interested!
Actually... I m sweet looking one that might be able to be sold outside the US, and it's a bit used... looks good on the pics however... e_lm... go first, and I ll go for the next one!
Old Mar 22, 2004, 02:24 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steliosh

Actually... I m sweet looking one that might be able to be sold outside the US, and it's a bit used... looks good on the pics however... e_lm... go first, and I ll go for the next one!
Thanks Steliosh.

Actully I'm looking for the only new one in eBay ... but who knows ... it look like that many are willing to ship to Austria ... it isn't very cheap but ...

About eBay rules ... I guess it will be difficult to organize precedenses ... so good like to everybody ... BTW as opposit of Ray, I'm a always doing bad deals in ebay .. always get the most expensive stuffs !!

e_lm_70
Old Mar 22, 2004, 08:23 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
the Greek RS do not (and never did) sell the RCRC bike... I asked this morning....
Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:15 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,694 Posts
Just got it !

Most probably it could be get for some bucks less ... but it is ok ... I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night for bid in eBay ...

There are still many new Ricky comming in eBay ... even new models NIB ... wondering from which source they are comming from, since RS has stop delivery ... maybe somebody has still links to the producer in China !

e_lm_70
Old Mar 24, 2004, 05:35 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
Wonderful! Dont forget to post pics and how it runs!
Old Mar 24, 2004, 06:38 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
There's about 10 RC bikes on e-bay now. One guy is selling one that has Ricky's head ripped off. But it "does not affect the telemetry of the bike" he says.

I'm sure the loss of RC's head doesn't affect the bike's "telemetry", but it sure makes it look silly as s***.

my 0.02

STeve B in NC
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123