Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:20 PM
jimsyak54
United States, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined Mar 2006
272 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Discussion
19" pile of junk

Just a tip to all you RCgroupers out there, When you pay with paypal and you be the nice guy and click on pay with friends or family "DON'T because you have no recourse espically when you ask to ship it priority mail with tracking and insurance and they say ok, 9 times out of 10 they won't and ship it the cheapest way they can and this is what happens !@#$%$#@!

$300 bucks for a suitcase with a broke screen, no insurance and shipped via media mail which is the cheapest way to mail anything......: mad::censo red::censo red:
jimsyak54 is offline Find More Posts by jimsyak54
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:29 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
2,578 Posts
Trader Rating: 76
That blows! Is that allowed via media mail? I thought it was software only.
Was it an RCG sale?
Waterbound is online now Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:31 PM
Oy Vey...
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Dec 2012
694 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
I remember looking at this add and taking a long thought to it, sad to say, glad I didn't go for it. If you specifically asked to have it shipped in a specific way, and you have proof that you did, him agreeing to and it arriving with a label that shows otherwise, I would ask for a refund. On the other hand, if you payed with PP friends and family, it all falls on the sells integrity.. Sorry man, this really sucks when people do this and aren't honest. I would move this thread to the discussion area and forward the link to the seller.
M3Roc is offline Find More Posts by M3Roc
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:44 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2012
842 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
that sucks, but from the pictures it looks like it can be fixed, bad design is what i see, only 2 hex screws holding the screen and the plastic ring. is the screen broken like cracked or wont power on if it still works im sure it can be put back together , if all else fails im good with that kind of stuff pm me and i can help you out, i see you live 30 min away from me
quadcopter007fpv is offline Find More Posts by quadcopter007fpv
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:52 PM
Joined Oct 2005
135 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Man, that totally blows!!! I recently had a bad experience myself buying a 130x redbull with a bad charger and bad board. I am tempted to leave negative feedback but then he can retaliate with negative feedback as well.

Sorry this is your thread...Let us know who the seller was so we can stay away from that person as well.
heliboy04 is offline Find More Posts by heliboy04
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:56 PM
United States, NY, Stony Point
Joined Nov 2005
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Jim - why do I have to here about this through a friend? Why don't you be a MAN and contact me directly. I never offered insurance and I sold it for the same exact price I paid for it. Plus the screen was tested and worked perfectly. Contact me and I'll have someone drop by and take it off your hands if it is in the same condition as it was when it left my home.

Just to let others know. I'm very well known in the hobby. I don't rip people off.
nycatt is offline Find More Posts by nycatt
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:56 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
645 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
This is why packing is extremely important. No matter how you ship it and if it is insured or not, you need to pack the thing like its going to be kicked around by a bunch of football players (That's basically what happens much of the time).

In this case if I was the guy who shipped it to you, I would of stuck another layer of foam or air bubble stuff between the screen and the bottom foam of the case.

But DAMN that sucks, no more gift payments. Good sellers won't let you send a payment as a gift anyways.
TimeTrave1er is online now Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:08 PM
AMA 1051390
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Jan 2014
271 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
You shouldn't ever send as gift. You can get your account blocked. Also, if you funded with your credit card you can dispute the charge. Also @nycatt you may be "well known" but with only 10 posts on here including the one you just made in 9 years, no one around here knows you.
LVNeptune is offline Find More Posts by LVNeptune
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:41 PM
United States, KY, Lowmansville
Joined Nov 2013
368 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Sending electronics via media mail is mail fraud. Only printed material,cds, tapes, and educational materials allowed.
kymedic is offline Find More Posts by kymedic
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:46 PM
jimsyak54
Joined Mar 2006
272 Posts
I am not saying that this is the sellers fault, and I apologize if it comes across that way, this is the 3rd item in a month that I have had issues with from being damaged from the post office. my comment about saying it was shipped and insured was not for him, and I should of said that first and I am sorry, just on the pissed side right now ,it was the motors that I bought a few weeks ago that I asked to be shipped priority mail and he replied sure no problem 3 day delivery, well a week and a half later it shows up UPS and was not insured, I am stating that this is a general problem I see all the time now just because people want to save a buck,. I send everything priority mail just for this exact reason, its automaticlly insured for $50 and up to $500 i think is only 3.50
So once again I am sorry for jumping the gun and not explaining myself in depth, but bottom line is I am still sitting on a $300 suitcase filled with broken parts.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:48 PM
jimsyak54
Joined Mar 2006
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
This is why packing is extremely important. No matter how you ship it and if it is insured or not, you need to pack the thing like its going to be kicked around by a bunch of football players (That's basically what happens much of the time).

In this case if I was the guy who shipped it to you, I would of stuck another layer of foam or air bubble stuff between the screen and the bottom foam of the case.

But DAMN that sucks, no more gift payments. Good sellers won't let you send a payment as a gift anyways.
that was the first thing I thought of with the packing, the box had plenty of peanuts on the outside but nothing on the inside to prevent the damage
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:49 PM
Joined Oct 2005
135 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNeptune View Post
You shouldn't ever send as gift. You can get your account blocked. Also, if you funded with your credit card you can dispute the charge. Also @nycatt you may be "well known" but with only 10 posts on here including the one you just made in 9 years, no one around here knows you.
I agree with you guys about not sending a payment as a gift because you would have no recourse. To nycatt's credit, he did come out and is willing to work things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycatt View Post
Contact me and I'll have someone drop by and take it off your hands if it is in the same condition as it was when it left my home.
I am not sure how jimsyak54 could have controlled what happened in transit. I am hoping that the condition in jimsyak54's pictures isn't how it left nycatt's home.

Best wishes to both the seller and buyer. This kind of event is no fun for either party.
heliboy04 is offline Find More Posts by heliboy04
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:52 PM
Oy Vey...
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Dec 2012
694 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycatt View Post
Jim - why do I have to here about this through a friend? Why don't you be a MAN and contact me directly. I never offered insurance and I sold it for the same exact price I paid for it. Plus the screen was tested and worked perfectly. Contact me and I'll have someone drop by and take it off your hands if it is in the same condition as it was when it left my home.

Just to let others know. I'm very well known in the hobby. I don't rip people off.
No offense man but you've got 10 posts and one feedback from a seller. The fact that you asked for payment as "friends and family" would have thrown up about a million red flags. The way you ship an item is just as important as how you handle the customer. Not having insurance is not a big deal but there should have been tracking to let you know when it arrived, you should have followed up with the buyer to make sure everything arrived as sent.

What do you mean "I'll have someone drop by and take it off your hands if it is in the same condition as it was when it left my home." Were you half asleep when you wrote that? I don't know about the OP, but personally, I would send you my condolences and tell you to get real if you told me that you, a stranger, are sending a stranger to my house.. You're planning to send someone to his house to pick up your junk? I don't think I need to go further with that, you need to handle it like a grown up and pay for the shipping back to you.. Also, I think we've already established that the item is not " in the same condition as it was when it left my home.", that's the main reason for this discussion.

Some people just shouldn't be selling anything..
M3Roc is offline Find More Posts by M3Roc
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:54 PM
United States, NY, Mamaroneck
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
I think everyone is rushing to judge. Nycatt has been my mentor in this hobby since i first started.He is the go to guy at my club and is highly respected.I was at his home when he packed the ground station for shipping.Its a pelican style case with foam surrounding it on all sides.It looks like the mounting screws for the monitor came loose in transit.He has nothing to do with the design of this ground station.I would contact the seller before flaming him on the boards.I believe he was given the option to add 3% for paypal fees.
PizzaPrince is offline Find More Posts by PizzaPrince
Old Feb 18, 2014, 08:59 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Dec 2011
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Report it to your credit card. Get your money back and send it back to the guy. Then move on.
thesulli is offline Find More Posts by thesulli