SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2004, 02:36 AM
Duluth MN
Joined Jan 2004
66 Posts
Webra T4-60 break in...

I'm finally getting around to using the Webra T4-60 I purchased around 1990 or so. Initially I didn't give it much of a break in. It would (seem to) lean out in the air and every flight was a deadstick. Now I'm finally going to give it another try, and hope someone out there might be able to suggest whether it needs more break in time or if the Webra T4-60's had some inherant problem like poor fuel draw ect. (I'm expecting it to replace the old Saito .45 on the front of my Playboy Sr. which needed a lot of added noseweight anyhow.) Thanks for any suggestions. Nick
coffeemug is offline Find More Posts by coffeemug
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2004, 08:52 PM
Cold Weather Eh?
Kiana, Alaska
Joined Dec 2003
79 Posts
ONe of the first things you may want to do, is to check the compression, then if it is still good it should be fine. Though you may want to run some engine oil in it. If the engine is kinda hard to turn over, i would reccommend a short time where you basically break it in over again.
alaska_flyer is offline Find More Posts by alaska_flyer
Old Mar 21, 2004, 09:42 PM
Duluth MN
Joined Jan 2004
66 Posts
The compression seems to be fine, and it seemed to furn over well enough before and better after some Marvel Mystery oil. I'll run it in some more when I get a chance... Thanks

-Nick
coffeemug is offline Find More Posts by coffeemug