12,588 Posts
Excellent video!
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2005, 06:04 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2004
578 Posts
Really great video from a unique perspective!

Any chance of a translation? I listened to it a number of times, but could not quite make sense of what the commentator was saying (the language is Dutch by the way).

Cheers

Tim
Tim Trick is online now Find More Posts by Tim Trick
Old May 30, 2005, 06:07 AM
know it all
Miami, Fl
Joined Nov 2003
2,949 Posts
any ideas of amps and rpm with this setup?, wired in parallel or each motor had its own 2s4p pack?.. and last but not least what kind of duration did you get?, battery capacity too please.

Anybody else please feel free to tell us about what power system you used. Original system uses geared speed 600 motors, unknown gear ratio, prop size and battery.

Herm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberguy
Power is what he already had laying around, Jeti 15-4s turning graupner 8X6 three bladed props, 2S4P LiPo. AUW is 75oz, it'll probably be close to 80 when detailed.
hermperez is offline Find More Posts by hermperez
Old May 30, 2005, 07:14 AM
Troms, Norway
Joined Jan 2004
7,098 Posts
Nice planes. I believe the stock setup is direct drive Speed 600.

I have one of these that I bought on my birthday in 1999. I was almost finished building but stopped because I had to move. The wing is mostly done and so is the fuselage. I intended to install retracts with functional doors, and have cut out the doors in the plastic parts and made mounts for the retracts. If I finish it I will make a couple of big CD-ROM motors for it, or just fly it on a couple of Speed 600's.
Lynxman is offline Find More Posts by Lynxman
Old May 30, 2005, 10:10 AM
Joined Sep 2004
34 Posts
Thanks for the comments on the video. Tim - I didn't realize it was in Dutch so I re-edited it to German:

http://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/show...cat=500&page=1

I got the newsreel footage here if you would like to see the actual footage and read the translation:

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/dieppe/053402_e.html

I used segment 2 this time.

Next time I talk to Ed I will try to get the info on Amps & RPM, or have him post it. Duration has to be about 8-10 Minutes, a really good flying plane.
Tommy T is offline Find More Posts by Tommy T
Old May 31, 2005, 03:07 PM
Joined Sep 2004
34 Posts
Here is a link to the original video on the Multipod site:

http://www.multipod5in1.com/gallery/...Rear_View_0001
Tommy T is offline Find More Posts by Tommy T
Old Jan 27, 2006, 07:20 AM
northampton, England.
Joined Oct 2000
679 Posts
Here`s my Flair BF110, just finished spraying it. It`s amazing what a paint job can do, when i bought it it had been hand painted with camo markings and looked a bit of a cowboy job. I was going to paint it add some detailing but i have to thin my planes out and i`m now loathed to part with it!..........Martin
kartman24 is offline Find More Posts by kartman24
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:15 PM
Panama, Central America
Joined Sep 2002
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer
Looking good

You could always add the green triangles of the Iraqi air force in place of the Balkankreuze on the wings and fuselage, as figured for several Bf110s of ZG76- they have the desert camo scheme and sharks teeth. It's a very common illustration in many references to Bf110 colour schemes.

Brian
Bomberguy,

i think this is the scheme Leccyflyer was refering to... I know it's too late, but better late than never! (I just saw the posting). I still like how yours came out, though...

Felipe
jfrabat is offline Find More Posts by jfrabat
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:46 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24
I was going to paint it add some detailing but i have to thin my planes out and i`m now loathed to part with it!..........Martin
If you would like to send it to the USA keep me in mind.

Wonderful 110's in this thread!

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D