HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2004, 01:23 PM
Austin, TX, USA
Joined Feb 2001
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
I am interested in a true 10 cell design, actually 3s Lipo. It seems there is quite a cost break at that point.
DavidN
Me too. I have an AXI 2826-10; 3S2P TP2100's; runs about 400W with a 13x8. I was wondering if the E-sport 10 would fly well enough on this. It would come out rather light with the 6 oz motor and 10 oz of batts. The -8 design looks a little too small. I may have to scratch build an Esport 9.
Bob Baker is offline Find More Posts by Bob Baker
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2004, 05:00 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
GregG
Sorry, I would not have posted the pic of Calvin if I had thought it was offensive. He rides on all my "e" planes.

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Sep 06, 2004, 05:01 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,897 Posts
My E-Sport 10 arrived last night! Thanks Rob. I have taken some photos of the contents and cf venus wing which is about the same span. Will post later.
davidN
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Oct 12, 2004, 12:37 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,897 Posts
Twest How did the Astro 25 brushless work out?
DavidN
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Oct 12, 2004, 04:29 AM
100% electric since 1990
United States, MA, Ware
Joined Jul 2001
1,413 Posts
Worked out fine, but I'm tailheavy so I'm going with a 5s pack next spring. I used a 14x12 prop on 4s to draw 44 amps.

My plane has the servos located in the tail, which is not recommended because it makes the plane very tail heavy. The plane was fine with a dd mega 45-3 (11 oz motor), but with the lightweight astro (8oz with gearbox) it was just too tailheavy to enjoy. This will not be a problem if you built the plane with servos in the fuselage with pushrods. The motor pulled very well, though.
twest is offline Find More Posts by twest
Old Oct 23, 2004, 07:59 AM
Tullahoma, TN
Joined Jul 2000
986 Posts
Now that I've "healed," I'd like to share some pics. Here's the result of my crash. The wing suffered a lot more internal damage than is visible.
EricBjorn is offline Find More Posts by EricBjorn
Old Oct 23, 2004, 08:05 AM
Tullahoma, TN
Joined Jul 2000
986 Posts
Since I was hosting the Staggerwing Electric Fun-Fly here in Tullahoma, I wanted to get the ES10 flying again. After scratching out a new forward fuse and making the wing repairs, I had her back together and ready for first flight at the E-vent.

Less than a minute into the flight, it appears that pieces and parts come flying off the airplane and all I could think is that I put something back together wrong. I brought it in for a difficult landing that had a lot of left yaw--I had to land with lots of right rudder but got her down smoothly.

Here's what I found. Anybody care to diagnose what happened?

Eric
Last edited by EricBjorn; Oct 23, 2004 at 08:09 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 08:12 AM
Tullahoma, TN
Joined Jul 2000
986 Posts
BTW, my ES-10 is flying great with a 4s4p and knife-edge loops are in my future! (I've got the first half and just need to get some courage to do the second half.) If I haven't said it lately Rob, thanks for a great design and a chance to fly it.

Eric
Old Oct 23, 2004, 08:30 AM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
Covering on upside down so it didn't sticK? Mine is going great on 4s3p although I am still thinking of going to 5s3P for higher top speed
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
Old Oct 23, 2004, 09:19 AM
Recruiter - 60 Amp Club
Rutherfordton, North Carolina, United States
Joined Apr 2001
5,941 Posts
I'm sooooooo glad you repaired your ES-10 ! It was great to see it tearing up the sky over Tullahoma last weekend .
Ed

PS ...
After seeing Eric's fly, I've decided to install the drive train from my dearly departed Long Stick into my own ES-10 ARF
Ed Lyerly is offline Find More Posts by Ed Lyerly
Old Oct 23, 2004, 09:32 AM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
Ed

Sorry to hear about the Longstick, it looked really good in the video you made a year or so ago. Is it an interesting story?

I look forward to hearing how the C40 goes in the ES 10. I think the ES10 will be a bit tamer, its elevator and rudder are smaller.
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
Old Oct 23, 2004, 09:39 AM
Recruiter - 60 Amp Club
Rutherfordton, North Carolina, United States
Joined Apr 2001
5,941 Posts
Thanks David. Not much of a story, rudder servo locked up full right on takeoff.....busted the plane up pretty badly. Fortunately the gear was not hurt. I have another Long Stick ARF kit, but I've had (2) of them already.....and Eric's ES-10 flies so well....I must try one .
Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidleitch
Ed
Sorry to hear about the Longstick, it looked really good in the video you made a year or so ago. Is it an interesting story?
Ed Lyerly is offline Find More Posts by Ed Lyerly
Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:11 AM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
Looks like you forgot to peel the clear covering off the covering film before you ironed it down.
Is that the clear I see overlaying the yellow in the picture ?
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:28 AM
Tullahoma, TN
Joined Jul 2000
986 Posts
Kevin is correct! I wish I could take credit for the blunder, but all the glory goes to Rob who designed and built this prototype. I haven't heard from him and am willing to bet it was one of those late-night brain-fades. Rob? I'm just glad I was able to get it down in one piece and am looking forward to many hours of flying my favorite airplane!

Ed,

I was so sorry about your Long Stick but you and I both know you will love the ES4s3p!

Eric
Old Oct 23, 2004, 12:47 PM
Fly 'em fast!
Rockville, MD
Joined Aug 2002
885 Posts
Eric, Glad to hear that the ES-10 is back in the air. I want to see those knife edge loops at the sizzle next spring!
RCMustang is offline Find More Posts by RCMustang