HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:45 AM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2013
973 Posts
I don't trust it after the disappointment of galaxy 2. I've learned my lesson about buying new models over $100 until they've been out a while and reviewed
handy2 is offline Find More Posts by handy2
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:19 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
United States, MI, Leonard
Joined Feb 2012
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handy2 View Post
I don't trust it after the disappointment of galaxy 2. I've learned my lesson about buying new models over $100 until they've been out a while and reviewed
Same here. I own a 2. I'll pass on the 3...
Ssayer is offline Find More Posts by Ssayer
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:25 AM
Joined Feb 2013
973 Posts
I am surprised you have 2 since you haven't been posting how much you love it.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:31 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Joined Feb 2012
1,022 Posts
Quote:
I am surprised you have 2 since you haven't been posting how much you love it.
I don't have 2, I have a 2 (clone - 1si). I consider it "ok", and nothing more. If I had the chance to do it over, I'd pass it up...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:46 AM
Joined Feb 2013
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer View Post
I don't have 2, I have a 2 (clone - 1si). I consider it "ok", and nothing more. If I had the chance to do it over, I'd pass it up...
I agree . OK at best and wish I hadn't gotten it either
Maybe this one will be better but I will let someone else find out
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:50 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Joined Feb 2012
1,022 Posts
Quote:
I agree . OK at best and wish I hadn't gotten it either
Maybe this one will be better but I will let someone else find out
Yep. I've got money burning a hole in my pocket for 1 more quad this spring. Just waiting to see who comes out with what (soon) in this size to make a purchase. So far I only see one probably making it to market (the Xtreme, and in all actuality, it still isn't "to market")...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:05 AM
Joined Feb 2013
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer View Post
Yep. I've got money burning a hole in my pocket for 1 more quad this spring. Just waiting to see who comes out with what (soon) in this size to make a purchase. So far I only see one probably making it to market (the Xtreme, and in all actuality, it still isn't "to market")...
Me too and I said I would only buy 3 new quads this year but I already ordered 2
So much for New Years resolutions
Old Feb 28, 2014, 04:12 PM
Morehead City NC
Joined Aug 2000
413 Posts
Any more news on this one?
parrott is online now Find More Posts by parrott
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:06 AM
Joined Feb 2014
1 Posts
Really? No one bought it? no one interested?
Roni_Thailand is offline Find More Posts by Roni_Thailand
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:29 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Joined Feb 2012
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_Thailand View Post
Really? No one bought it? no one interested?
Can't buy what isn't for sale...
Old Apr 17, 2014, 05:44 AM
Joined Dec 2013
6 Posts
http://www.directsource4u.co.uk/nine...laxy-visitor-3
000999 is offline Find More Posts by 000999
Old Apr 17, 2014, 08:19 AM
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 000999 View Post
What about the specs? It looks like it will have the same transmitter and the same camera of the GV2.
comdexfall is offline Find More Posts by comdexfall
Old Apr 20, 2014, 07:40 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
2,723 Posts
This appears to be the same as the Helimax 230si or the Helimax is the same as this but if so, both will use digital compass for RTH etc..

Weak Signals Expo 2014: Top Flite, Great Planes, Futaba and Heli Max Products (24 min 13 sec)
Waterbound is offline Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:06 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
983 Posts
I am very reluctant to invest $150 in another Heli-Max brushed quad. The transmitter on my 1-si did not live up to the expectations created by the preliminary marketing hype of headless flight or RTH. This is based on problems created by the release of the poor v-1 manual and the lack of notification of the existence of v-2 which solved several of those problems encountered as a early adopter. "Won't get fooled again".

As a side note, for $130, I finally went brushless. I was out today in 10+ mph winds with my new RCLogger Xtreme. There was no contest with the 1-si whose motors still get so hot they will still raise blisters if you touch them for too long while disconnecting the flight battery.
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Apr 21, 2014, 01:33 AM
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I am very reluctant to invest $150 in another Heli-Max brushed quad. The transmitter on my 1-si did not live up to the expectations created by the preliminary marketing hype of headless flight or RTH. This is based on problems created by the release of the poor v-1 manual and the lack of notification of the existence of v-2 which solved several of those problems encountered as a early adopter. "Won't get fooled again".

As a side note, for $130, I finally went brushless. I was out today in 10+ mph winds with my new RCLogger Xtreme. There was no contest with the 1-si whose motors still get so hot they will still raise blisters if you touch them for too long while disconnecting the flight battery.
You are right. The building quality of the GV2 is poor, the advanced modes doesn't work fine for most of us and the camera sometimes works and sometimes not (and the GV3 camera looks exactly the same that the GV2 mounts). I expected more quality from a Nine Eagles product. My new quad probably will be the Cheerson CX-20.
comdexfall is offline Find More Posts by comdexfall