HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MassiveOverkill, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 02, 2014, 11:33 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Discussion
Doing manual flips with your WL Toys V2X2 quad

Link to discussion thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094184

So there's no confusion, these aren't pre-programmed flips but manually-induced.

I think this is a pretty significant find in the V2X2 series quads. You can perform manual flips without haven't to change modes or go to 100% to do the autoflip. It's much more satisfying and I've never done manual flips in acro mode on other quads that have this feature but I wonder if it's the same technique.

I don't know if any other 'toy' grade quad can do a manual flip without having to go to acro mode or use a button, but I'd like to hear of any that can.

The benefit of doing it with full accelerometers is that after the flip you have the safety net of full stabilization without having to do anything.

I've tried it on my V212 and Jefte was able to perform It on his V202, although they're harder to do. The V252 does them best.

This was my first real attempt so I concentrated on forward flips but you can do them in any direction and keep going FFF after doing the flip as shown in Steve O's video:

WLtoys V252 doing indoor manual flips and stable hover using modded Devo 7E radio (2 min 19 sec)

WLtoys V252 Minipet Night Flight doing manual flips and high speed passes (4 min 28 sec)

V262 NF windy flips and speed (3 min 24 sec)

V252 bustin lotsa flips, even triples!! Hubsan Shmubsan The Minipet holds the title BEST MICRO QUAD! (2 min 51 sec)

To do the easiest flip, go FFF (Full Fast Forward) and pull back on cyclic\pitch and then kill throttle just a fraction of time later. You then slowly apply throttle as the quad comes around. If you have enough altitude you can take your time reapplying throttle and you'll do multiple flips.

If you want to keep going FFF after the flip so it's smooth you just apply forward cyclic at the same time as you reapply throttle.

Now I'm doing this on my Devo 7E but on your V212\V202\V252 TX you'd probably have to be at 80% rates and on your V222\V262 TX it would work best at 100% rates (the V222\V262 TX doesn't do autoflip at 100% rates but uses a flip button)

Thanks to Steve-O for initially showing us this trick.

Here's the video of me showing how to do the sticks.......use slow mo on YT to see my stick movements:

How to do manual flips on your WL Toys V2X2 quad (3 min 12 sec)
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Feb 18, 2014 at 06:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2014, 05:56 PM
Firmware Fiend
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2013
1,776 Posts
Dang, I thought I was a genius when I figured this out on my own. I guess great minds think alike!!
The Quasar is offline Find More Posts by The Quasar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Cap-bill Mobius Mount