HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2014, 12:59 AM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
240 Posts
Discussion
QAV400 help

Hey guys, I need some help with my QAV400

This is my second build, and first FPV build, last one fell from the sky, i suspect due to a ESC fault (PS dont buy the RCTimer SimonK ESCs)

The problem im having is control issues. The controls dont feel right, and the copter tends to always drift one way. Also it just doesnt feel right with the responses etc, PIDs i would imagine. However, I just threw this Naza M lite on a F450 and with NO PID tuning it flew pretty well, a heck of a lot better then its flying now on the 400.

Also, my biggest concern is it seemed to loose control at one stage, and stick movments went very "light" if you like, and full movement of the sticks on just made the slightest amount of change in moving.

So, are these QAV400s quite difficult to tune, do they require very good tuning, I have had nothing but bad luck with these frames so far, and this time ive spent big money and done it right, so im really hoping it works right.

Thanks for any help and suggestions, attached are a few pics of my baby

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...8&d=1391237940

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...9&d=1391237940

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...6&d=1391237940
onlinegamesnz is offline Find More Posts by onlinegamesnz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2014, 01:35 AM
Joined Mar 2012
583 Posts
What are you PID settings? Another thing is that you should put your flight controller in the inside not on top.
xhover is offline Find More Posts by xhover
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2014, 01:44 AM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhover View Post
What are you PID settings? Another thing is that you should put your flight controller in the inside not on top.
Thanks for the reply, my basics are @ 71% pitch and roll

I would mount the flight controller underneath but this does not leave much/enough room for the battery.

Thanks again!
Old Feb 01, 2014, 08:06 AM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
927 Posts
Mount your gps correctly. Arrow should face forward.
Scotth72 is online now Find More Posts by Scotth72
Old Feb 01, 2014, 08:48 AM
Joined Mar 2012
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinegamesnz View Post
Thanks for the reply, my basics are @ 71% pitch and roll

I would mount the flight controller underneath but this does not leave much/enough room for the battery.

Thanks again!
What size battery are you using ?
xhover is offline Find More Posts by xhover
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2014, 06:22 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
240 Posts
Hey guys, ive given up on the APM and chucked the Naza lite back on. This time I placed the Naza inside the frame, where the battery goes instead of on top, I thought i would not have enough room once the battery is in but it worked out mint. Flight is now much better. I have some questions regarding that wonderful PID stuff, lol

I understand that tuning on the naza is very simple, using my knob im selecting each axis at which to tune. My question is, is a almost "snap" action a good tuning value? If i give aggressive stick movement say right roll, and snap it back, is it good to have the quad "snap" back to level?

I have not done much PID tuning but am playing around with it, and flight looks very stable. Just need some pointers

Im very happy, shes flying well for now lol

PS. did my first FPV flight the other day, certainly takes some getting used to thats for sure, absolutely awesome experience. Hopefully many more to come!

Thanks guys!

Im using 3300 4S