Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 30, 2014, 06:51 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined May 2011
11 Posts
Discussion
Phantom fc 40

I just recieved my new phantom fc 40 from B&H photo. The first thing I noticed was that both sticks on the TX were spring loaded. I wonder how DJI does any testing with a spring loaded throttle. Some problems I can understand but this is a little way out for me. Has anyone else had this problem.
charlie conley is offline Find More Posts by charlie conley
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2014, 06:54 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
9,081 Posts
It is a new feature. The throttle stick is supposed to be spring loaded on this phantom. It makes it easy to hover at any given altitude by just letting go of the throttle stick.

Dave
DWA is online now Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2014, 06:55 PM
DWA
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
9,081 Posts
A lot of the guys were unsure of this feature when they first saw it. But after using it have come to like it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2014, 06:59 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined May 2011
11 Posts
Thanks for the answer. Do you hold the throttle all the way down until you get the GPS to lock
on. If I turn on the tx and connect the battery the light just flashes red.
charlie conley is offline Find More Posts by charlie conley
Old Jan 30, 2014, 07:15 PM
Joined Jan 2014
8 Posts
You should probably read the FC40 documentation on the DJI website before attempting to do anything. It is quite helpful and comprehensive.
FatKevinSmith is offline Find More Posts by FatKevinSmith
Old Jan 30, 2014, 07:50 PM
DWA
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
9,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie conley View Post
Thanks for the answer. Do you hold the throttle all the way down until you get the GPS to lock
No that is not how you get GPS lock. Leave the sticks centered when you power everything up. I would also recommend reading through at least the quick start guide and that should get you on your way. And then read the manual of course.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2014, 09:19 PM
Empire Hobby Support Team
Joined Jan 2014
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie conley View Post
If the light is just flashing red you have a Low voltage alert or other abnormal alert, ie: configuration error, TX data error, or compass calibration error.

To get GPS lock make sure you are outside and turn on tx then turn on Phantom FC 40.
Keep the aircraft stationary until the system start and self-check has finished.Then wait for the system to warm up gradually with the LED blinks Yellow 4 times quickly. Take off the aircraft after 6 or more GPS satellites are found (Red LED blinks once or no blinking red).
Empire Support 5 is offline Find More Posts by Empire Support 5