2,142 Posts
How to go from 2d to 3d in TurboCad

Not wanting to cross post I will refer to another thread

In this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=209160

I posted the question:

TurboCad how to go from 2d to 3d? [ 1 ]

How do you guys go from 2d to 3d.

I have dome some extrusions of things like ribs etc. and it is tedious to do each line. Is it possible to "assemble" into an object then extrude?

what is the best way to create 3d objects?

hey post any sexy 3d pictures too! I love to look at other peoples Cad work, really gets my juces flowing.
dpoles is offline Find More Posts by dpoles
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2004, 03:28 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,059 Posts
Re: How to go from 2d to 3d in TurboCad

Quote:
Originally posted by dpoles
Not wanting to cross post I will refer to another thread

In this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=209160

I posted the question:

TurboCad how to go from 2d to 3d? [ 1 ]

How do you guys go from 2d to 3d.

I have dome some extrusions of things like ribs etc. and it is tedious to do each line. Is it possible to "assemble" into an object then extrude?

what is the best way to create 3d objects?

hey post any sexy 3d pictures too! I love to look at other peoples Cad work, really gets my juces flowing.
Not exactly what you asked for, but here's a 3D model I did in Inventor of a miniature engine I'm building (real one is about half done). The model has full kinematics too - grab the crank with the mouse, and all the internals rotate, slide etc....

I found trying to go from 2D to 3D just plain sucks (for me). Much easier to use a 3D program like inventor or solid works that was designed for 3d to start with. It takes all of a couple minutes to create all the 2d drawings with any views or projections you like from the 3d models.

Good luck....
spinnetti is offline Find More Posts by spinnetti
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying Flapjack!