SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:52 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
New Product
Parkzone ArtiZan with AS3X Aerobatic's Plane

Hi all, 2014 and the first new release from Parkzone is the ArtiZan and yet again with the generosity of OMP Modleflight Adelaide, Mike has given me the ArtiZan to review and maiden, so you get an early look at this new beauty from Parkzone. "It's an AS3X equipped park flyer that will enable you to explore Aerobatics" is what it says on the box and i hope to maiden real soon to just see how it does fly. For now sit back and check out the new ArtiZan

cheers chuck

The compact ArtiZan™ park flyer is a nimble, grab-and-go sport plane that’s perfect for exploring aerobatics. The Bind-N-Fly® version comes equipped with a Spektrum™ receiver featuring a built-in AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3aXis) system.

The AS3X system works behind the scenes to counter the effects of wind and turbulence using a combination 3-axis sensing and exclusive flight control software. The result is a locked-in feel that lets you focus more on the fun of flying and less on fighting the wind.

You can adjust the amount of stability the AS3X system provides or turn it off completely, but even experienced pilots will find flying with it on feels completely natural. There is no delay in control response or limits on the control throws. You will simply feel like you’re flying an expertly tuned model that goes right where you point it.

It’s this advanced technology, along with the model’s light wing loading, that gives sport pilots a superb balance of slow speed stability and high-speed agility. Anyone with experience flying a ParkZone warbird or civilian scale model will feel right at home the first time on the controls.

Spektrum™ DSMX® receiver with AS3X system, installed
Powerful 480-size, 960Kv BL outrunner motor, installed
E-flite® 30A Pro Switch-Mode ESC, installed
Aileron, elevator and rudder servos installed
Durable Z-Foam™ construction
High-visibility blue and yellow trim scheme
Two-piece wing for easy transport and repair
Large, easy-access battery hatch
Includes 3S 1800mAh 30C Li-Po battery
Includes 2- to 3-cell DC variable rate fast charger
Requires a full-range 4+ channel DSM2®/DSMX transmitter

Wingspan: 42.5 in (1080mm)
Overall Length: 40.0 in (1017mm)
Flying Weight: 34.5 oz (978 g)
Motor Size: Park 480, 960Kv brushless outrunner
Radio: 4+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter required
CG (center of gravity): 3.0 in (76mm) back from the leading edge of wing at wing root
Prop Size: 10.75 x 8
Speed Control : 30-amp brushless
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 1800-2200mAh LiPo
Flaps: No
Retracts: No
Approx. Flying Duration: 5-7 minutes
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes

Manual # English
http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Fil...-Manual_EN.pdf

Parkzone ArtiZan Un-Boxing Review with ChuckT (7 min 0 sec)
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jan 29, 2014 at 01:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:28 AM
Registered RC Addict
USA, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Nov 2006
340 Posts
Interesting that they'd release something so similar to the VisionAire...
team222badbrad is offline Find More Posts by team222badbrad
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:34 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by team222badbrad View Post
Interesting that they'd release something so similar to the VisionAire...
I thought that when i first saw it too BUT! it is nothing like the VisionAire, it is an Aerobatic plane more like a Parkzone size Splendore The AS3X does not have any other setting but Sport!

this plane is aimed right at the Parkzone buyer and flys as easy as the T-28 but much better, so you want to explore Aerobatic's this is the Parkzone plane for you

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:46 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,281 Posts
The ArtiZan is not a 3D plane. Completely different flying experience from the Visionaire. This is a pure sport plane. The target was to be very similar to the T-28 but a little more capable in aerobatics. The final result probably delivers a little more aerobatic capability than originally intended, but it's still a sweet-flying bird.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 29, 2014, 06:55 AM
Perth, Australia
Joined Feb 2010
21 Posts
Looks interesting, if it balances and flies well with a 2200mAh crammed in there even better!
jono80 is offline Find More Posts by jono80
Old Jan 29, 2014, 08:00 AM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
769 Posts
The way it looks is nice and the niche it is trying to fill needs something new, but most people really turn up the control surfaces on the PZ T-28 and turn it into a fun flyer more that a scale warbird, that is why it is so loved but....

Would like to see something like this with the tricycle wheel setup, that is something I really like about my PZ T-28 and I wouldn't give it up unless its replacement has them, I am trying a Hobbico Millenium Master to that affect now, a little smaller but more a sport flyer.
Try a reno version of a P39, that could get my cash, powered with the BL15 motor and the prop from the PZ Extra 300, yeah!

And flaps would be a big bonus
Not saying that this is not nice but the first thing I notice is another tail dragger
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Jan 29, 2014, 08:23 AM
United States, NJ, Freehold Township
Joined May 2009
373 Posts
I DONT like tail draggers as well. All my tail draggers nose over to much . I have a splendor in the box and hope that's not going to nose over as easy as the others.
crashkorey is offline Find More Posts by crashkorey
Old Jan 29, 2014, 08:55 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,140 Posts
That's okay, I don't like trikes.....nice replacement for the Extra300
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Jan 29, 2014, 09:01 AM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkorey View Post
I DONT like tail draggers as well. All my tail draggers nose over to much . I have a splendor in the box and hope that's not going to nose over as easy as the others.
The Splendor does not nose over, my good friend has one and it is a really nice model, flies really well and has great ground handling on grass and pavement and its huge for a foamy
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:03 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,606 Posts
I'd been thinking that Chuck's been low-profile recently, and wondering when we'd hear from him..........

Looking forward to the maiden vid!

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:43 AM
Huesca, Spain
Joined Aug 2009
537 Posts
Looks like a smaller version of an Acrowot Foam-e.
stevespana is online now Find More Posts by stevespana
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:16 PM
Will work for JR/Spektrum
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,581 Posts
can i fly this thing as aggressively as i can with the polecat?
Sabin is offline Find More Posts by Sabin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:09 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
The ArtiZan is not a 3D plane. Completely different flying experience from the Visionaire. This is a pure sport plane. The target was to be very similar to the T-28 but a little more capable in aerobatics. The final result probably delivers a little more aerobatic capability than originally intended, but it's still a sweet-flying bird.
For the data-obsessed, can you tell us the wing-loading and wing-cube-loading?

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 29, 2014, 05:49 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,110 Posts
Great to see you again Chuck and Dave E !

I'm in on this one.

RF
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Last edited by Red Flyer; Jan 29, 2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:32 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevespana View Post
Looks like a smaller version of an Acrowot Foam-e.
I fly the Flyzone Acro Wot MkII and I see this plane as being very similar. If it flies anywhere near a good as the Acro Wot, HH will have a winner on its hands. I may get one when they become available and do a comparison between it and the Acro Wot.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69