Closed Thread
Old Mar 14, 2004, 08:06 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
No Tog
I dont mind you asking

The camp is a verry special place for me.

Its were i spend my spring and summer and fall
away from the hustle and bustle

flying and fishing and just kicking back

Its my little piece of heaven
and im proud to say
This babys going to the camp with me

ewo
ewo is offline Find More Posts by ewo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2004, 08:10 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
ewo you have mail
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
Old Mar 14, 2004, 08:14 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Its in a little town called Center point
about 40 miles from here

its just far enough away for peace of mind
Its my favorite place on earth

ewo
Old Mar 14, 2004, 08:22 PM
Always Thinking Diffrent
Manalapan, NJ
Joined Sep 2003
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thatovalguy

...........Think I have a new favorite, time to put some paint to it.
Told you, it would need a paint job
BlackScorpion is offline Find More Posts by BlackScorpion
Old Mar 14, 2004, 08:32 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Tog

Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,

That one worked

ewo

I wonder?
did i pick up some bad bytes ?
maby lost a few bytes?

Oh well i have it now
Thank you

ewo
Old Mar 14, 2004, 09:14 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
When I lived in In. we use to spend weekends in a camp ground just west of Crawfordsville (??). Had a trailler right on the lake, what a great place it was.

Hey now I forget the name but is the hobby shop still down in Michell in the camera shop? Can't remember its name or the owners name but he was a really super guy. Use to buy my heli parts from him. All the rest use to just get from the guy in town, he was great too. Now remember that was back in 89-91.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 09:29 PM
Box Elder, SD
Joined May 2002
1,473 Posts
Sewarts Plane

Hey EWO that was cool, when do we see the video? hehe

Like I need another project but I really like it. Did I miss the plans or are there any?

There is going to be a lil RC airplane model show out at the base on May 17th, I'm going to enter a couple foamies the Birddog is one, I'd sure like to do up Stewarts Plane. I want to show RC does not have to cost a arm and a leg!

I'm cutting out the Birddog now, it will be done up really nice, so would Stewarts Plane if there are plans. hint hint

CrashinJ
nr5a is offline Find More Posts by nr5a
Old Mar 14, 2004, 09:40 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=2
The plans are here
have fun

By the way hows the other thing going
you should post there you know

on the other thing i mean
ewo
Last edited by ewo; Mar 14, 2004 at 09:43 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 10:11 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Tog

dont change nothin
its a winner as is

i only have one more thing to say,

WOW

ewo
Old Mar 14, 2004, 10:41 PM
KC9
Master Bluecor Smasher
Chicago IL, USA
Joined Jan 2004
357 Posts
What ? no more...

It's just a thang ?
KC9 is offline Find More Posts by KC9
Old Mar 15, 2004, 11:30 AM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Just wanted to update a few things. On my build I went with flat top wing and the lower with 1" under each tip. I have ailerons with coupled rudder and elevator. Balance is just forward of center of top wing. I'm using a Johnson J250 and GWS 5.33-1 gearbox (C) and 1200 lipoly's. ewo went withrudder and elevator, 3" under each tip top and bottom wing's and a GWS 350, I suggest a C or D gear would be fine and what ever batteries you fell comfortable with ewo uses Rayovac nimh aaa's from walmart which I totally endorse because I told him to by them. You can really cook them without worries. Mine came in at 10oz ewo's at 14oz. Both fly great with no bad habits.

Have fun.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 01:22 PM
Always Thinking Diffrent
Manalapan, NJ
Joined Sep 2003
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thatovalguy
Just wanted to update a few things. On my build I went with flat top wing and the lower with 1" under each tip. I have ailerons with coupled rudder and elevator. Balance is just forward of center of top wing. I'm using a Johnson J250 and GWS 5.33-1 gearbox (C) and 1200 lipoly's. ewo went withrudder and elevator, 3" under each tip top and bottom wing's and a GWS 350, I suggest a C or D gear would be fine and what ever batteries you fell comfortable with ewo uses Rayovac nimh aaa's from walmart which I totally endorse because I told him to by them. You can really cook them without worries. Mine came in at 10oz ewo's at 14oz. Both fly great with no bad habits.

Have fun.
I guess we can say we have a winner in our hands.
BlackScorpion is offline Find More Posts by BlackScorpion
Old Mar 15, 2004, 03:39 PM
KC9
Master Bluecor Smasher
Chicago IL, USA
Joined Jan 2004
357 Posts
TOG,

You failed to mention which prop you use on the bipe. Also, I assume you mean a 2 cell Lipo, right.

A very important fact you also missed to mention is the throws. Especially how much aileron travel = rudder travel. This can change the Stuart Little Dog into a Stuart Little Wildcat if you're not careful.
Last edited by KC9; Mar 15, 2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 04:27 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Still finalizing mine, I did have a touch to much rudder coupling and have moved the rod in a hole at the servo. Need to try it out and see. Once I'm satisfied I'll post throws. And actually the throws where fine for me but I feel some would have a issue with them. ewo can you post the throws on yours?

As far as cells it flys fine on 2 cell 1200ma lipoly's in 8-15 mph winds with gusts to 20 on a J250 C-gear and 9070 prop but I think something a little bigger would be better. On a 3 cell 1200 lipoly pack its a screamer and a hole lot of fun. Oh by the way, from slow to fast the trims sayed really close and didn't notice any climb or diving.

The big plus is that with the 2" wheels and J250 Hemi power, you can wheel it off and on regular grass fields like the big boys do.
Last edited by Thatovalguy; Mar 15, 2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 04:51 PM
KC9
Master Bluecor Smasher
Chicago IL, USA
Joined Jan 2004
357 Posts
The purpose of posting the throws is so that a novice builder gets it closer to specs on the first attempt. I personally set mine so that I have exaggerated throws which I'm used to.

With these light electrics I've never done ROG. I don't care much for it anyway. On my first one I tried to build a decent landing gear but with the 400 motor and 1000 mAh 8 cell pack the gear would bend forward or backward at a 45 degree angle during a static test. I'm sure it would have been worthless if I had tried to take off or land with it. I used very thick music wire. After that I just forgot about it and toss the plane into the wind and try landing using a gentle belly landing technique ( you can see what I mean at the end of the Bipe video. )
Closed Thread