HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2004, 10:05 PM
Wichita, KS
Joined Feb 2004
38 Posts
Question
CT-114 Tutor Snowbird Model

Does anyone out there know of any RC models of a CT-114 Tutor? I am in the market for a new model and have always wanted a Tutor model. I don't really care what the model is, i.e. EDF, Nitro DF, Turbine, etc. Even a prop-driven would be ok, but I don't really see how a prop Tutor would look right.

Thanks,
N003LB
GAAR# 131
n003lb is offline Find More Posts by n003lb
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2004, 12:03 AM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
Tutor

Good luck trying to finding a Tutor kit etc. zero that I am aware of...
That said rumor has it that Yellow Aircraft own a set of moulds for a D/F version, you could try contacting them and asking if they plan on producing a kit??? Put me down for one as well please Yellow
Marty C. is offline Find More Posts by Marty C.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 05:19 PM
CLUB GITMO
Little Rock National Airport
Joined Nov 2003
704 Posts
model

I have a flying buddy that designed and built one thats almost the same....It is a prop with shroud....It is so cool. IT SCREAMS.
I don't have permission to give his email, but if you email me...I will forward it.
Best I can do.....It is reall a cool airplane and flys great..Of course Paul is a good pilot....
Hope I can help...
Sunspot
Sunspot is offline Find More Posts by Sunspot
Old Apr 11, 2004, 06:20 PM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
Snowbirds

Sunspot- do you have any pics. or specs. on size? I have seen a few scratch built D/F, turbine and prop versions over the years, pitty there is no kits available...as I just do not have the time to scratch build one. I would love to have one the right scale/size that would take either 90 D/F or 12 lb thrust turbine.
I actually have a T-500 (13.5 lb thrust) turbine powered Cermark MB339 painted up as a Snowbird... flys great. If you want to see some video of it flying check out my friends web site http://www.rcsites.net/jetset/index.html
This is about as close as I will get to the real deal anyway until someone does a Tutor jet kit
Marty C. is offline Find More Posts by Marty C.
Last edited by Marty C.; Apr 11, 2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 01:01 PM
full time pirate
The Great White North
Joined Jun 2004
323 Posts
if you can find a Tweet(cessna) and move the tailplanes up than it'll look quite a bit like a CT-114. they're both small twin engine trainers with the clamshell cockpit. Only difference in the position of the elevators and the size. Otherwise they're almost exactly the same. Right down to the cockpit guages. Hope that helps
pimp_squeak is offline Find More Posts by pimp_squeak
Old Jun 28, 2004, 11:03 PM
SDF
Joined Sep 2002
272 Posts
There are plans for a .46 glow pusher in RCM. Go to their site to see them. Foam core wings and canopy are available from someone. Bob Holoman (sp?) I think. Had retracts too. I think it was in July 94-ish time frame.

Will
FOShowNoClass is offline Find More Posts by FOShowNoClass
Old Jun 29, 2004, 01:37 AM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,664 Posts
pimp_squeak,

The tweet is a twin engine plane. The CT-114 is single engine. Due to this the aft and mid sections of the plane (tweet) looks very different.
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Jul 01, 2004, 09:06 AM
full time pirate
The Great White North
Joined Jun 2004
323 Posts
My mistake skyhawk, they sure look similar....but I guess you're right, went to my local airshow the other day and the T-37 has jet nozzles just rear of the cockpit. Oh well, in profile they look similar.
pimp_squeak is offline Find More Posts by pimp_squeak
Old Jul 05, 2004, 10:56 AM
Electriaddict
Melville Saskatchewan Canada
Joined Mar 2001
1,579 Posts
I had one but its on the to be repaired list
dorysch1 is offline Find More Posts by dorysch1
Old Nov 07, 2010, 04:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1 Posts
this is the best place to go for a snowbird replica but is an expencive way to go http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d_id=JLECT114S
Sophaking is offline Find More Posts by Sophaking
Old Nov 08, 2010, 07:06 PM
Burnin Kero & Diesel Downunder
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
541 Posts
Wow an oldie's been dug up.... Comp ARF and Jet Legend are now offering nice looking CT-114's plus even some others coming out of Europe are now available these days
Marty C... is offline Find More Posts by Marty C...
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:41 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C... View Post
Wow an oldie's been dug up.... Comp ARF and Jet Legend are now offering nice looking CT-114's plus even some others coming out of Europe are now available these days
http://www.kmp.ca/images/114profil.jpg

Kondor model products offers a profile EDF for $100 CDN
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:25 PM
Registered Plan-a-holic
Stonewall, MB, Can
Joined Jul 2004
2,875 Posts
I see this is a very old thread but if folks are willing to wait a bit (another year or so) we are making molds for a Tutor from this basic plug. Length is 58" and it will be pretty scale. Designed for 110mm EDF or turbines.
Hepdog is offline Find More Posts by Hepdog
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:33 PM
Burnin Kero & Diesel Downunder
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepdog View Post
I see this is a very old thread but if folks are willing to wait a bit (another year or so) we are making molds for a Tutor from this basic plug. Length is 58" and it will be pretty scale. Designed for 110mm EDF or turbines.

Looking good... Heck just another year for this thread is nothing, keep me posted at least Iam a Snowbirds fan bigtime and one for 110mm EDF would be great. I actually have a similar size scratch built one I purchased from a friend and built many a moon ago, originally intended for small turbine but would be a good EDF candidate also, needs a bit of work still to convert though and I was worried scale inlet size maybe a little restrictive for EDF at this smaller scale? Do you have scale inlets???
Marty C... is offline Find More Posts by Marty C...
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
Registered Plan-a-holic
Stonewall, MB, Can
Joined Jul 2004
2,875 Posts
I didn't build the plug - am only responsible for finishing it, building the wings, the tail, making the molds, first flyable prototype....

They certainly look scale but I haven't actually measured them that way yet. They are big enough for 90mm FSA for sure and I think 110mm would not be an issue but I'd have to actually measure them.
Hepdog is offline Find More Posts by Hepdog