HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2004, 05:28 PM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
Arado Projekt 1..J250..Uni-Fuse

we've been testing this plane for a couple weeks now ..... it's really easy to build and flys really nice , if not a bit on the fast side with the J250/GWS C , 10x7 APC prop , 2 cell 1200 eteks... Great roller !!!! But I must warn you , this plane is NOT FOR BEGINNERS...... way too fast and sensitive, BUT for experienced pilots ....it's a ball ....We've flown two versions now and both are rockets.....Gotta' love it .....!!!
As usual the plans are FREE ay www.FoamFly.com in the UF section of the Photo Gallery... Thanks to luft46 for the outlines.....
Any questions????
gpw is online now Find More Posts by gpw
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2004, 05:30 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
another shot
Old Mar 08, 2004, 05:32 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
another shot.
Old Mar 08, 2004, 05:34 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
the bottom and bamboo spar
Old Mar 08, 2004, 05:41 PM
Zoom, zoom...
Roseville, CA (Sacramento area)
Joined May 2003
3,514 Posts
Have you tried a DD J250? For some reason, my brain is stuck on DD with the J250s... (that and the fact that I have 30 of these little gems stairing at me, asking for a plane).
Trikster is offline Find More Posts by Trikster
Old Mar 08, 2004, 05:43 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
Trik ...haven't tried the DD yet , but I suspect it'll be even faster ...schmaybe too fast for an old geezer like me ....hahahaha
Old Mar 08, 2004, 05:54 PM
Zoom, zoom...
Roseville, CA (Sacramento area)
Joined May 2003
3,514 Posts
Well, a J250 Mini-Speedwing on a 4x4 DD will do 63mph in level flight. Don't know if that is too fast for you, but it is for me. I usually use the 4x2 for a bit slower flight, but better thrust as my thumbs have streaks of dyslexia and up becomes down, left becomes right...plane becomes dead.
Trikster is offline Find More Posts by Trikster
Old Mar 08, 2004, 06:00 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Thats a neat one gpw. Hows it in pitch?
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
Old Mar 09, 2004, 09:48 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
pitch sticks to the Foam turning everything black and gooey..... flies in the air really well (less dense than pitch) and responds nicely to the elevons used in the elevator mode......not overly sensitive.....but you guys have to realize , I usually fly with MAX control surface movement ( just crazy , I guess???)
TOG ... they'll be dragging your butt outta' the Hanger if you even attempt to fly it there .....hahahahahaha ......call the medics!!! Turn UP those Pacemakers!!!!
TRIK ...gotta' try DD .... gotta' sound cool too , eh? screamin passes a foot above the deck going 60...... cool !!!!
Last edited by gpw; Mar 09, 2004 at 09:51 AM.
Old Mar 09, 2004, 11:29 AM
Arizona Rim Country
Joined Nov 2001
498 Posts
Close enough to a ME163C for me

Thanks GPW. I had asked you about a ME163c in another thread. This is close enough. Should also have an easier time with this one in regard to balance 'cause you've got more "nose" to work with.
pcaffeldt is offline Find More Posts by pcaffeldt
Old Mar 09, 2004, 11:44 AM
Merritt Island, Florida
Joined Feb 2004
55 Posts
How do you think this plane would fly on an IPS A or an EPS100-c with a 2s ET700 pack? or does it need the extra power of the J250?

- Jeremy
Variable is offline Find More Posts by Variable
Old Mar 10, 2004, 09:25 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
Pcaf.... This one balances perfectly with the batt under (or in ) the Nose and the geared J250 on the back .... I was Lucky .....but the Cg is not in that "unusual " a spot .......... I don't think it has the sweeping lines of the 163.... but darn! it sure is easy to build and it had none of the "squirrly" tendencies that the previous ...Horten and 163 "clones" did....
Vari... Sure, it would fly real well....it's so light!!! ..... it would be a little slower though ...., but probably still interesting..... and you'd be under 6 oz. which would give you good performance , power and flying qualities wise....it would probably worth the 1/2 hour it takes to put one together.....and would have a much better glide than ours which came down like the space shuttle......power off.....
Last edited by gpw; Mar 10, 2004 at 09:39 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 05:27 PM
Merritt Island, Florida
Joined Feb 2004
55 Posts
yeah i knew it would fly i was just questioning how well. I already started cutting out the peices last night and hope to have it done by this weekend. plus it will give me a chance to learn the feel of my new Eclipse 7.
Variable is offline Find More Posts by Variable
Old Mar 10, 2004, 06:15 PM
Salt Lake City
Joined Jul 2003
323 Posts
CG on Arado

What is the length of the fuselage? and where is the CG? Will this fly on J250 DD? Thanks in advance for any INFO.

Regards,
Saeed
Saeed is offline Find More Posts by Saeed
Old Mar 10, 2004, 06:32 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
Sae...The CG is 4 3/4" back from the LE where the wing joins the Uni-Fuse.... the Fuse is about 20" long or the length of the UF (see Free UF Plans at www.FoamFly.com UF/ Photo gallery ....) J250 DD Should be hot!!! But I have no experience with DD on this particular motor....
Vari ...just a tip ... I de skin the FFF to save weight , especially on an ips motor , you want it as light as possible....it may seem sorta' flimsey to some but I've never broken a light one like this yet....flexes!!!