HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by tvdrone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 02:32 AM
SAR
United States, FL, St Cloud
Joined Aug 2013
108 Posts
New Product
Walkera QR X350 Pro

Walkera QR X350 Pro GCS : Further, longer, gimbal, FPV, Fatshark goggles, now with Ground Station!

WALKERA INSIDE:
This was the x350Pro original blog started a while back before it was transferred to a discussion. With the new release of Ground Control Station with Bluetooth (2015), your request to reopen this blog has been noted.

If you prefer to follow the mod discussions, visit:
*** http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2085032 ***

Toss, Fly and Flip a Walkera X350 Pro DroneCode Quadcopter ! (5 min 19 sec)

Walkera QR X350PRO gcs Bluetooth Ground station (3 min 42 sec)

Features:
• Quick assembly
• Completely Ready to Fly
• Up to 2 km / 1.24 miles
• Up to 25 minutes flight time
• Gimbal ready for camera anti-vibration 2-axis stabilization (new Walkera Quick Release G-2D)
• New FPV camera called the ILook included in the FPV1 Pro package
• First Person View (FPV) flight
• FatShark compatible
• GPS and "One Key" Return to Home
• GPS Auto Pilot functions
• Failsafe auto RTH and Land
• Low voltage protection
• Devention DEVO F7,10 computer radio
• Easy to see LEDs
• Balance charger with world compatible wall adapter for travel
• + Waypoints and all the core functions of Mission Planner.

First Impressions: I must say Walkera has done a great job tuning X350 Pro with a variation of Arducopter firmware, as it flies very well stock, out of the box with g-2D gimbal. No tuning needed. If you don't want to spend weeks.. months.. tuning an DIY arducopter, this may be for you. Please note that it is only for those who want to expand beyond the hobby of Ready To Fly (RTF) x350 Pro, will find it even more interesting to explore the open source Arducopter, Mission Planner and Telemetry.

Firmware Updates:
http://www.iuasinc.com/firmware/

Mission Planner Compatible: For the DIYDroners.
• Here is the default Full Parameter List to review: [ parameter-full-list-qrx350pro.param]
(if you restore this backup, remember to recalibrate, as your compass declination may be different to China
Note: We don't recommend that you use Mission Planner to do any tuning unless you are a Ardupilot developer, as this is only a variation of arducopter coding with custom codes, not arducopter. Changes can make your x350 unflyable.
• Everything about Waypoint Missions: http://planner.ardupilot.com/wiki/co...ts-and-events/

This is what Mission Planner brings to you:
Hundreds of GPS waypoints, free (the exact number depends on the memory of the hardware you’re using. Just point and click waypoints in the Mission Planner, and x350 Pro will fly itself to them. No distance limits! You can script entire missions, including camera control!
“Loiter” anywhere. Just flip the toggle switch and your copter will hold its position using its GPS and altitude sensors.
Automatic takeoff and landing. Just flick a switch and watch x350 Pro execute its mission completely autonomously, returning home to land by itself in front of you when it’s done.

Auto waypoints: allows you to map flight paths on computer for autopilot
Advance Failsafe: auto return home when radio signal loss or battery low
Circle: circle around by radius
Altitude Hold: stay on fixed altitude
Loiter: combination of position and altitude hold, hovering
Land: auto land
Simple: fly by compass
Simple GeoFence: user-defined box that if breached forces the copter to return
Ground Station Telemetry
Tuning and Auto Tuning
and many more...

The How To Mission Planner video is available now or you can watch all other 10 episodes about Arducopter/Taranis at DIYdrone [ youtube.com/diydrone ]
or Build a Drone project APM @: [www.rcgroups.com/forums ]

• Devo F7 http://banggood.com/~f7
• BNF $310 http://banggood.com/~bnf
• WiFi http://hobbywow.com/wifi
• Devo 10 G-2D http://banggood.com/~devo10
• Complete FPV with Monitor http://banggood.com/~devo10FPV
• Direct from Walkera USA (iUAS): http://amazon.com/~iuas

Video Log:
Walkera QR X350 Pro APM Mission Planner. How-To (10 min 36 sec)

Short story with stock training footage, out of the box x350 Pro, iLook+ and G-2D
QR X350 Pro FPV iLook+ footage: Suspicious White Vehicle 1 (5 min 10 sec)

QR X350 Pro with the iLook+..... sweet.. heavy foliage and high speed looks great.. your settings view at 720p and up.
iLook+ 1080p FPV. Walkera QR X350 Pro & Devo F7 (4 min 50 sec)

Return to Launch (RTL) Test with iLook+
iLook+ 1080p FPV Camera Video TX. Walkera QR X350 Pro RTL Devo F7 (4 min 16 sec)

Remember to watch in HD where possible, or be pleased that the 360p is good.

FatShark goggle compatible

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those who submitted your questions about the QR X350 PRO to Walkera
here are some of the Q&A Updates from Walkera back in Jan 2014. We have transferred the original blog to this discussion.
ref.: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2077292

• What high capacity battery size will it come with the QR x350 Pro for 25 minutes?
5200-5800 mAh LiPo

• What is the advantage of the new propeller design?
Faster and longer flight time

• How much is the G-2D gimbal if purchased separately?
MAP: usd119
and G-2D with ILook camera will support DEVO F7.
Walkera will release a new camera called the ILook for FPV version as an alternative to a GoPro, together with the Walkera Gimble G-2D version (FPV1 Pro) . By Jun-Jul 2014, Walkera will release the iLook+ 1080p and the G-3D 3-axis gimbal.

• Can you control the gimbal from the Devo F7 and 10 transmitter?
Yes you can and the new version will be set with the new design DEVO 10 transmitter in White color, DEVO 10 white would get 2KM control range.

• Can existing owners easily upgrade from the QR x350 to the QR X350 PRO with the parts?
Yes, upper cover is completely the same, but you will need to replace many parts to make a PRO. It will be available to the public when the PRO is available.

• Other Related Releases
Devo F12E: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2174140
Unlocking a Devo - Deviation: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2130645
Scout X4: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2251486
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Walkera Scout X4 vs Tali H500 in Action! (6 min 23 sec)

6 flights modes with Taranis.
FrSky Taranis Setup 6 Flight Modes Mix plus 1 for APM Ardupilot (5 min 4 sec)

* DroneMission is a search and rescue team based in the USA represented in 5 countries *
tvdrone is offline Find More Posts by tvdrone
Last edited by tvdrone; Dec 10, 2014 at 12:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2014, 03:08 AM
Joined Nov 2013
83 Posts
Nice one (Y)
louay is offline Find More Posts by louay
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:02 PM
Joined Jan 2014
41 Posts
with the larger battery bay, what size lipo battery will it use?
juliet is offline Find More Posts by juliet
Old Jan 18, 2014, 06:42 AM
The Netherlands, GE, Weurt
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
How on earth will we get 25 min flight time....there gonna use 2 8000mah lipo's on it ? Or have they taken the phantom vision battery ? I must first see this . With a 3000mah i get 13 minutes so the same as with a 2800 mah....to much weight.
Schiksie is offline Find More Posts by Schiksie
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:43 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Nov 2013
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiksie View Post
How on earth will we get 25 min flight time....there gonna use 2 8000mah lipo's on it ? Or have they taken the phantom vision battery ? I must first see this . With a 3000mah i get 13 minutes so the same as with a 2800 mah....to much weight.
This is definitely a wait and see situation. If they came up with some big technology that allows 25min of flight with this setup they will be a billion $ company soon.....
I have a feeling there is a helium balloon option that will make it float
jkflow is offline Find More Posts by jkflow
Old Jan 18, 2014, 01:37 PM
Almost right is always wrong..
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2013
471 Posts
Quote:
I see they have pretty much copied the Phantom Vision props. The Phantom Vision props alone gave me an extra 3mins of flight time when I tested them on my Phantom. The gimbal looks interesting?
Topgoose is offline Find More Posts by Topgoose
Old Jan 18, 2014, 05:11 PM
Joined Jan 2014
127 Posts
Why are Walkera promoting Fat Shark goggles when they are releasing their own shortly? Is it because theirs will only support certain Devo's? I would also prefer Walkera to add their own camera similar to the DJI Vision 2 (albeit on a better Gimbal) The customer of tommorow will demand a complete out of the box aerial photographic platform. I don't want a rig that I need to go elsewhere to complete, if that was the case I would stick to the DIY option and save money. Whilst I waiting for delivery the company emails me a flight simulator and manual so when the Quad arrives I charge the batteries pop in the SD card and I'm up in the air Hubsan will be entering this space with the 109S and by all accounts the DJI Phantom FC40 is a great entry level platform. So Walkera MUST get this model 100% as their previous efforts have fell short of the mark. I have 5 Walkera micro Quads that I absolutely love but to compete with DJI in this space they need to get their act together quickly with a quality product with innovative features. They are presently playing catch up and firms like 3D Robotics with their IRIS will pose serious challenges.
Droneguy is offline Find More Posts by Droneguy
Last edited by Droneguy; Jan 18, 2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jan 18, 2014, 06:46 PM
Joined Jan 2013
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droneguy View Post
Why are Walkera promoting Fat Shark goggles when they are releasing their own shortly?.
Actually this is the direction most manufacturers are going. example 4 Bands and 32 Channels, so you are compatible with all popular video receivers.

Wow you guys have good eyes... those props sure look different in shape.
surfrc is offline Find More Posts by surfrc
Last edited by surfrc; Jan 19, 2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 09:00 PM
Joined Nov 2011
304 Posts
Quote:

Hi Schiksie,
You will notice how the QR PRO extended it's belly, for that you can use bigger battery on it I am just hoping that it is same size to the version 1 so that we can upgrade our old version simply changing the bottom fuselage and legs.
dhonwyn is offline Find More Posts by dhonwyn
Old Jan 19, 2014, 02:24 PM
The Netherlands, GE, Weurt
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhonwyn View Post
Hi Schiksie,
You will notice how the QR PRO extended it's belly, for that you can use bigger battery on it I am just hoping that it is same size to the version 1 so that we can upgrade our old version simply changing the bottom fuselage and legs.
Yes so lets say it will fit a 4000 mah.....that will still no way give us 25 min i think ? Iam interested in the props on it
Schiksie is offline Find More Posts by Schiksie
Old Jan 20, 2014, 07:55 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2013
78 Posts
Im interested in the gimbal - they look cool and very well priced
buzzhobbies is offline Find More Posts by buzzhobbies
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New 12A Blheli Esc
Old Jan 20, 2014, 09:20 AM
Joined Nov 2011
304 Posts
Quote:
Yes so lets say it will fit a 4000 mah.....that will still no way give us 25 min i think ? Iam interested in the props on it
hmm... maybe it can give us 25 min with 5200mah and the new prop.. I am also interested in the new prop. It is similar shape to GRAUPNER but i think it's plastic. If i am not mistaken that is the anti-gravity prop
dhonwyn is offline Find More Posts by dhonwyn
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:39 AM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Oct 2009
580 Posts
Asking for

It would be very nice to get the GPS data in the video screen: gps position, speed, altitude, distance from home, even an arrow pointing home. Also the battery voltage and mA.
In this way you will not need to buy an OSD with an extra GPS. Seems foolish to have two GPS.
Ariete is offline Find More Posts by Ariete
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:54 PM
Andrew Scerbina
Toronto, On
Joined Aug 2007
214 Posts
For those of you who have little knowledge of the power systems (props/motor/battery balance) - 25 min flight time is unlikely on such a small quadrocopter, since it uses small 8" props. So the rule of thumb is if you double the size/weight of the battery, you only get extra few minutes, not double the flight time. In order to significantly increase the flight time is either to increase the size of the craft to fit the larger propellers, or use lighter battery technology.
Not sure why the claim these unrealistic numbers. expect 15-18 minutes realistically if you install a large expensive battery. And with Gopro camera and FPV gear, the time will be even shorter.
It's not Walkera's fault. Just physical limitations.
scerbina is offline Find More Posts by scerbina
Old Jan 20, 2014, 05:37 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Oct 2009
580 Posts
Phanton Vision already claims and gets 25 mins flight time and it is the same size.
But you are right about the added weight, the more weight the less flying time.
We'll see what the real flying time is with the fpv gear, the gimbal and the gopro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scerbina View Post
For those of you who have little knowledge of the power systems (props/motor/battery balance) - 25 min flight time is unlikely on such a small quadrocopter, since it uses small 8" props. So the rule of thumb is if you double the size/weight of the battery, you only get extra few minutes, not double the flight time. In order to significantly increase the flight time is either to increase the size of the craft to fit the larger propellers, or use lighter battery technology.
Not sure why the claim these unrealistic numbers. expect 15-18 minutes realistically if you install a large expensive battery. And with Gopro camera and FPV gear, the time will be even shorter.
It's not Walkera's fault. Just physical limitations.
Ariete is offline Find More Posts by Ariete