HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2001, 04:42 AM
CA and NH
Joined Oct 2001
449 Posts
Rudder and throttle on left control stick on Pico Stik

Hi, I learned how to fly on a sailplane and it uses rudder and elevator on the right control stick. Now I just started on an electric power aircraft and it uses rudder and throttle on the left control stick. Is this the normal set up?? It seems pretty inconsistent because whenever you turn left or right, your throttle changes a bit due to both function on one stick.
xadmin is offline Find More Posts by xadmin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2001, 04:55 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,034 Posts
Just move you rudder servo to the aileron port in your receiver. Most of us in the US use the right stick for primary roll control (Mode II), whether it's an aileron or rudder makes no difference as far as the radio is concerned. Or did I miss something?

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Dec 16, 2001, 05:40 AM
high-speed freak
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2001
3,863 Posts
I completely agree with Azarr... If it's a r/e/a plane, r on left, a on right... if it's e/a, a on right... if r/e only, r on right...

i think that's the same thing azarr is saying...
opualuan is offline Find More Posts by opualuan
Old Dec 16, 2001, 02:23 PM
CA and NH
Joined Oct 2001
449 Posts
I am sorry I missed what you guys are saying. My throttle and rudder are on the left control stick and my elevator are on the right. Is this normal?
xadmin is offline Find More Posts by xadmin
Old Dec 16, 2001, 03:44 PM
New Bedford, Ma. USA
Joined May 2001
1,414 Posts
The setup is chosen by what the controls on the plane are, the right stick is set up for which ever control you want to use to turn the plane, If the plane has ailerons you would put the ailerons and elevator on the right stick because the ailerons are the control surface that will mainly be used for turning. if you have a plane with rudder and elevator only than the rudder should be on the right stick with the elevator. Most of the electric's have either just ailerons and elevator or rudder and elevator except for aerobatics reasons, I have a wattage Hawk that I set up with the ailerons and elevator and later added the rudder to see the differences and found I almost never used the rudder for turning, It was used mainly for doing things like snap rolls where you can use ailerons and rudder together to achieve a particular maneuver but for turning alone I found the ailerons where all I used, So in short which ever control surface is used for turning should go to the right stick with the elevator and with ailerons the rudder is put to the left stick because it will be less used with a aileron plane. I hope this helped you understand the setup a little better and have fun.

Dauntae
Dauntae is offline Find More Posts by Dauntae
Old Dec 16, 2001, 08:15 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Move the rudder servo to channel 1!!!!! You have it on chanel 4 right now.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond