HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2014, 03:46 AM
Joined Aug 2010
225 Posts
Discussion
ARRIS M680-4S Carbon Fiber Fully Foldable Quadcopter RTF

The new quadcopter released by hobby-wing.com.
http://www.myrcmodel.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=4078

The main feature of this quadcopter is : High Strength, Foldable, Heavy Payload, Long Time of Flight and Good wind-resistance.

With ROC 5000mAh battery and ARRIS CM3000, it can fly 20 minutes. With no-load, it can fly about 25 minutes.
myrcmodel is offline Find More Posts by myrcmodel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2014, 01:44 PM
Joined May 2013
108 Posts
Hello,

is it possible to pair it with a L850 retractable landing skid ? How does it look then ?
Bravojul is offline Find More Posts by Bravojul
Old Jan 25, 2014, 06:21 PM
Joined Nov 2013
87 Posts
Is this ship meant to fly with a 4S battery (like the 4s in the name) or is it meant to use 6S?

How effective would it be Carrying your Zhaoyun 3 axis gimbal and a camera that weighs about 485-500g with lens?

Would it be more efficient to use your m680 hexacopter for this payload?
Dan Kanes is offline Find More Posts by Dan Kanes
Old Jan 27, 2014, 07:23 PM
Middle Aged Kid
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Nov 2013
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravojul View Post
Hello,

is it possible to pair it with a L850 retractable landing skid ? How does it look then ?
Those skids call for a frame 850-1000mm they offer another set that fits the smaller frame they cost more though. If you look at the L850's they are Looong
http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-mult...ding-skid.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
Is this ship meant to fly with a 4S battery (like the 4s in the name) or is it meant to use 6S?

How effective would it be Carrying your Zhaoyun 3 axis gimbal and a camera that weighs about 485-500g with lens?

That motor will run on 4 or 6s but they tested with the 6s

Looks like it will lift about anything from this test? Id need to see it.

Lantz is offline Find More Posts by Lantz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom 2 Zenmuse Mount Option
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:37 AM
Joined Aug 2010
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravojul View Post
Hello,

Yes, this landing skid can use on it, but it seems the retractable landing skid is too long. You can check the video here
ARRIS L850 Retractable Landing Skid (2 min 29 sec)
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:43 AM
Joined Aug 2010
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post

This is quadcopter, and the wheelbase is 680mm, so the name of it is ARRIS M680-4S. And the motor used on it is low kv ones 380kv, so the 6S battery is highly recommended for it.
For ARRIS M680 hexacopter,it can fly a longer time. But both of them are stable.
It is hard to say which is more efficient.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:30 AM
Joined Nov 2013
87 Posts
Someone could probably swap the carbon tubes for the landing skits or trim them down to be shorter but still have retract capability I think...

I ordered one of these and will do a review.

I will be flying it with the Hobby-wing Zhao Yun gimbal and I'll be testing with 6S batteries, 4S batteries, and I'll try two 3S batteries in series (unless someone tells me that's a horrible idea because it wrecks batteries or something)

Will be posting about my experience here once it arrives!
Dan Kanes is offline Find More Posts by Dan Kanes