SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 05, 2004, 07:23 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Orlando E-Zone SQUAD V-9.786577228 (V-1 Started by RMason he thinks!!!)

Let the discussion continue!
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2004, 07:50 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Chuck,
Yea, I think I read that Bill has a "regular" job, plus the plane kits on the side, (he just got another laser cutting machine) plus he pilots an R/C Blimp at his local Arena.... hence his screen-name "Arenablimp".

BTW... he is gonna NEED both of them running overtime when the Ultimate comes out in JUNE !!!

HEY.... It looks like the stinkin wind is finally gonna give us a break for Sunday..... NOT tomorrow tho....

Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Mar 05, 2004, 07:51 PM
Team Broke
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
BTW..... word
Old Mar 05, 2004, 08:37 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
WORD!! WORD!!! WORD!!!

WORD IS THAT I AM RIGHT ON WITH THE MAGNETIC MAYHEM AND 10-CELLS, 3300mAH!

I WAS AT GRAVES AND TALKED TO DON AND WE DID SOME CALCULATIONS!

I ALSO SAW A SENIOR KADET HANGING FROM THE CEILING AND WOW IT"S A LARGE MODEL AND THE MAG MAYHEM ACTUALLY FLEW THIS LARGE 7LB+ MODEL AROUND SO, MY 5LB ESTIMATED MODEL (SKY RAIDER MACH-II) WILL DO JUST FINE!

CARLOS
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Mar 06, 2004, 10:08 AM
Look what I did:D
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
built a fanfold mini wing of my own design and put the cdrom motor with a 5x3 prop, 2s lipo and off it goes! I cant belive it even flys, but it does ...well! I flew it in these 15+ winds and it kept up with em going to try a prop with more pitch next. Why isnt everyone makeing these motors. Its realy very easy. Too much fun

Brad
plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
Old Mar 06, 2004, 10:55 AM
Orlando,Fl
Joined Oct 2003
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by plumb
[B
. Why isnt everyone makeing these motors. Its realy very easy. Too much fun

Brad [/B]
I would like to give this a try,
Could you tell us in a nut shell how to make the motor, what we need and where to get the items at ?

Thanks Paul
from Paul and David
Dave n Dad is offline Find More Posts by Dave n Dad
Old Mar 06, 2004, 11:20 AM
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=one+hour+cd

Paul

This is everything to ge you started. Page two deals with rewinding, but instead of useing the original mount I removed it leaving the bushing in place and epoxyed a aluminimn tube to the back of the bushing. there are three threads under this name alone so read all of them befor you destroy your first motor (that way your informed on the best way to do it ) I used wire from radio shak, a three pack with #30, #26 and #20 i think. I used the 30 with 30 turns and the original magnet. If you choose to replace magnets ask Dave and Toby (Listed alphabeticly, no faverites here)

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask I usualy check this thread every couple of hours

Brad
Old Mar 06, 2004, 12:04 PM
Orlando,Fl
Joined Oct 2003
62 Posts
Thank's Brad
Paul
Dave n Dad is offline Find More Posts by Dave n Dad
Old Mar 06, 2004, 02:17 PM
Team Fearless
Secret Lair
Joined Mar 2003
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by plumb
. Why isnt everyone makeing these motors. Its realy very easy. Too much fun

Brad
Brad,

Some of us have our hands full just installing motors built by others On the other hand, I could actually respond to my own emails and posts if I have problems with a motor I built, unlike Astro Bob!

Can't wait to see your wing fly!

Take care,

John V.
jpv11 is offline Find More Posts by jpv11
Old Mar 06, 2004, 02:23 PM
Team Fearless
Secret Lair
Joined Mar 2003
1,543 Posts
Ed,

Have you flown your Stinson yet? I know it's been windy, but inquiring minds want to know. I flew the Piper this morning in high winds that had many models grounded and it flew great. Chickened out after a while as I didn't want to wreck it due to pilot error, but in the right hands I think it could really handle a lot of wind for such a small plane. Flew much better in the wind that the Baby Bee which is only a few inches less in wing span and 9.5 oz as opposed to 11 and 3/8 for the Piper. As you can tell, I really love this plane and can't wait to see the Stinson in action.

By the way, the gentleman with the Astro 010 Piper (sorry, I don't know his name) was also there this morning. He's also on channel 50. That makes three people with three Pipers, and all of us are on channel 50. What are the odds? (I know, Earl or Carlos can probably calculate them for me )

Let me know when you're going to be at the field, I'd like to see her fly.

Take care,

John V.
jpv11 is offline Find More Posts by jpv11
Old Mar 06, 2004, 05:04 PM
NTSB most wanted
O-Town, FL
Joined Jun 2003
642 Posts
John,

I'm gonna maiden the stinson at HD on Sunday morning early.

Can't wait.
EzEd is offline Find More Posts by EzEd
Old Mar 06, 2004, 08:04 PM
I fly stuff
Orlando
Joined Feb 2003
198 Posts
Carlos,

Could you please post the gearbox and motor you are using for your large balsa plane, I actually won big at poker night so the boss has allowed me to spend my earnings on whatever I "need." So new plane here I come. Just curious to see what you are using. Thanks for the info.

All,

Anyone one gonna be out early tomorrow morning?

Matt V
MattVernon is offline Find More Posts by MattVernon
Old Mar 06, 2004, 08:16 PM
Team Broke
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Sunday, March 7 Fun Fly
Central Florida Sport Fylers presents the 2004 Sping Fun Fly
Exciting Competition Events for all ages all for Fabulous Prizes!
Plus special challenge events not for the faint hearted! Including:
Death-Defying Table-Top Touch-and-Go's
PaintBall Shoot
Float Fly
Flying Starts at 9:00 A.M.
$5.00 Entry fee per pilot
Spectators are Free!
Open Class Combat Demos After the Fun Fly!
Sunday, March 7

Anyone besides me going ???
I will take lots of pics of all the action.

Jim
Old Mar 06, 2004, 08:27 PM
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
I realy want to go but the wife is playing the tile card on me

so I have to finish laying tile.

Brad
Old Mar 06, 2004, 08:33 PM
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Joined Feb 2003
1,327 Posts
Word!

I think I am going to stick to HD Field tomorrow.

I have a feeling that the Sukhoi might be ready to maiden. However, it will take a few hours tonight and some checking over. Today I installed a remote fuel fitting so I can easily fuel her up and also installed a remote glow plug. I have to finish mounting the cowling and cut some holes for various engine components. Route all of the servos wires where they are out of the way. Install the switch and voltage watch meter. Check the balance and permanetely install the reciever and battery pack.
Set the control throws and then it is just checking over thoroughly and loctiting various critical screws ect. Oh and maybe install some decals. I am going to try and be there early in the morning but you know me I will not get everything done tonight and then heve to wake up early and finish up a few things. See y'all tomorrow. Earl
RealMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by RealMcCoy
Closed Thread