Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 05, 2004, 01:41 PM
Stockport, UK
Joined Sep 2001
457 Posts
Question
Northwich Swap Meet - Who's coming?

Roll up, roll up who's coming to the Northwich Swapmeet on Sunday then?

I have various antique items for sale such as nicely matured 1200 mah subc cells (only slightly split heatshrink), MFA clockwork timer (see split in heatshrink), and piles of Tamiya connectors!

I wonder if any MFA Hummingbirds or Islanders will turn up for sale? They're usually in good condition because they didn't fly much...

See you there

Ian
Ian Dale is offline Find More Posts by Ian Dale
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2004, 05:30 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,488 Posts
Ian,

I daren't come!

Last meet I attended saw me buying a half-built Veron 1 Strutter for some unknown reason.

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Mar 05, 2004, 05:45 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Sorry Ian

Its the BEFA AGM on Sunday so we'll be off down south I think.

A clubmate has one of those MFA Islanders on the building board at the moment - any recommendations, apart from the obvious one of reinforcing the legs of the board???

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Mar 07, 2004, 02:25 PM
Stockport, UK
Joined Sep 2001
457 Posts
It was good but....

Well I had a pretty successful day and sold a lot of surplus gear, but there seemed a shortage of buyers. Lots of people had a lot of gear left. Some people commented that there are just too many of these swapmeets around now

Very few electric guys there, in fact very little electric gear for sale full stop. The BEFA AGM is obviously still a good crowd puller.

I couldn't help myself and bought an untouched GWS Zero kit for 25, bargain!

Brian
I've never had an MFA Islander, a friend did but I never saw it fly... So I can't really help you. There was just one very beaten up example at the swapmeet and it had a conventional bent ali undercart fixed to the fuz. Nuff said!

I hope the BEFA do was not too hard on your wallet!

Cheers

Ian
Old Mar 08, 2004, 04:31 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Ian

Didn't make it to either of them in the end due to other committments. I don't think there has ever been much in the way of electric flight stuff at the swapmeets.

Also eBay must be hitting the swapmeet market pretty hard as well- the prices avaialble are considerably better than anything that I've experienced at swapmeets, with numerous examples of people willing to pay close to or even more than the full retail price for certain items.

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Mar 08, 2004, 11:52 AM
Stockport, UK
Joined Sep 2001
457 Posts
>Also eBay must be hitting the swapmeet market pretty hard as >well- the prices avaialble are considerably better than anything >that I've experienced at swapmeets, with numerous examples >of people willing to pay close to or even more than the full retail >price for certain items.

I know exactly what you mean! No disrespect to anyone who is an avid ebayer, but I find it a bizarre "place" for the above reasons.

Cheers

Ian