HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RCvertt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:42 PM
Joined Aug 2007
3,903 Posts
Discussion
Rememebering- Colby of Evett's Model Shop

With this the last day of 2013 I couldn't help but remember a fellow modeler that passed away this year. Evett of Evett's model shop on Ocean Park boulevard. My first model, an AeroStar 20 with a K&B glow engine was purchased from him along with an AM radio. He was always very help full with any questions that my father and I had for him. He is the one that taught me how to fly. I would go out to the Apollo XI Field at the Sepulveda Basin with my father and Evett would be there ready to teach me how to fly. He was also instrumental in getting the Apollo XI Field at the Sepulveda Basin set aside for model aircraft and helped to maintain it. There is a nice plaque at the field recongnizing his contributions. He is missed but not forgotten.

His shop is still open and run by his wife. Luckily I am still able to go in for supplies and say hello from time to time.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCvertt; Dec 31, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts