SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2004, 10:36 PM
Registered Boozer
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2003
1,768 Posts
Love my Hitec Eclipse 7 with the Spectra Module!

It rules! I set it up on my Slinger wing and I'm going to use the "land" feature, which is basically a switch I can hit to give me the necessary up elevator when I'm hand launching my wing and allow me to take it away when I'm at full flight speed.

I'm going to try it out tomorrow but I'm expecting the best!

The Eclipse 7 is a great bargain...lotta bang for the buck

-Ralph-
www.rcairborne.com
Ralph_D is offline Find More Posts by Ralph_D
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2004, 12:02 AM
Love them P-40's!
USA, MO, Kansas City
Joined Feb 2004
509 Posts
Where did you get yours, Ralph. I have heard Servo City is a good place. I think they are $218 TX and Spectra module only form them.
P-40 is offline Find More Posts by P-40
Old Mar 05, 2004, 12:05 AM
Registered Boozer
Joined Sep 2003
1,768 Posts
Hobby People had a Presidents Day sale...$199 for just the tx with the Spectra Module. If you contact them they may give you that price

-Ralph-
Old Mar 05, 2004, 12:20 AM
Master ReKitter
San Diego,Ca, USA
Joined Aug 2000
2,756 Posts
I have been enjoying my E7 w/Spectra for nigh on 2 years with nary a glitch. My most used radio of 6.
uglyplane is offline Find More Posts by uglyplane
Old Mar 05, 2004, 12:49 AM
Nickel what?
Prescott, Arizona, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,365 Posts
wish I could pic one up But I'd have to sell my prism to pay for it!
Phreakish is offline Find More Posts by Phreakish
Old Mar 05, 2004, 01:32 AM
Registered Boozer
Joined Sep 2003
1,768 Posts
For $199 the thing has more features, mix combinations, options, etc. than I'll even think about using. And the computer is fairly simple to operate...after some trial and error and a couple friendly support calls to Hitec...their phone support is top notch!

I don't think I'll need another tx.

-Ralph-
Old Mar 05, 2004, 02:27 AM
Reno Cannon, Nevada, United States
Joined Jul 2003
845 Posts
Is that a 9Z I see on the end? Or an 8U? Cool radios. I'm glad to hear that about the E7 as mine should be here tomarrow. I'm going to send it in to hitec to get the QPCM installed and software updated for 30.00. I figure that's a good deal.
Capgun_Slim is offline Find More Posts by Capgun_Slim
Last edited by Capgun_Slim; Mar 05, 2004 at 02:30 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2004, 07:39 AM
Hiigaran member
'on a mountian in New Hampshire
Joined Aug 2002
904 Posts
This thing is a joy. Every year at the club auction I know I can fly any plane there. Nice not having to worry about buying a new rx or xtal for each plane.
Lone Yankee is offline Find More Posts by Lone Yankee
Old Mar 05, 2004, 08:09 AM
United States, NY, Fairport
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
I'm considering buying another one as I have way more than 7 planes. This is the radio I use all the time. Great value and it can do more than I can do.
Dave
dottney is offline Find More Posts by dottney
Old Mar 05, 2004, 09:26 AM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
Hey, Ugly....

I like your channel 4 radio.. I've been wanting to get into the Tx trays. What kind are you using? Where do you get them at?

I would venture a guess that you like using them?

Kevin
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old Mar 05, 2004, 09:34 AM
Greensboro/H.Pt/Win-Salem P.T. Intl, North Carolina, United States
Joined Dec 2001
809 Posts
Love mine too, the only bad thing about that TX is its a power hog. Runs thru the Nicads in about 80-90 minutes. Solved that problem by buying an 8 cell AA holder from Radio Shack and putting some 2000mah NiMH cells. Now it give close to 5 hours of continuous operation (a full days worth of flying at the club).

Vipula.
Vipula AD is offline Find More Posts by Vipula AD
Old Mar 05, 2004, 09:42 AM
Registered Boozer
Joined Sep 2003
1,768 Posts
Yea, it does suck the juice. I did the same thing...using a radio shack battery holder, and I bring a few spare nimh cells in my tool box just in case.

-Ralph-
Old Mar 05, 2004, 10:08 AM
Semper Fi, Do or Die
Titusville, Fla
Joined Jan 2003
1,069 Posts
Vipula AD:

Does the 8 cell AA holder fit in the battery compartment? Did you solder a Hitec connector to the holder or are you using the holder externally?

TIA

Bob
kscbob1 is offline Find More Posts by kscbob1
Old Mar 05, 2004, 10:35 AM
I fly, therefore I crash
NY
Joined Mar 2002
282 Posts
I read on the ezone about a good battery pack for the Eclipse which I picked up once I got the tx. Itís a AA 1800 NIMH pack from CPB for $26.00. I had them make me an 8 cell pack, with the Hitec connector and 16 or 22 gauge wire (canít remember which), configured in a 2x2 brick square.

I then replaced the connector with the one that matches the Eclipse. It would have been nice if it worked on the servo connector like Hitecís other transmitters, though. I charge it using a GWS plug Ėwatch the polarity!- and itís working great and the pack fits right into the tx. You can get the male plug at Maxx products, if you are concerned about charging.

While the Tx is set up to charge nicad cells, I do occasionally charge the NIMH with it and havenít had a problem, though I keep an eye on it and donít let it get too warm while charging.

CheapBatteryPacks

Tower Hobbies
van-S is offline Find More Posts by van-S
Old Mar 05, 2004, 11:10 AM
A Clinger
Butte, MT
Joined Sep 2001
7,075 Posts
Yep, I like my Eclipse too. Only down side has been the 7 model memorys as I now have them all filled. Of course as my wife says "Who needs to have more than 7 planes ready to fly???" . She does have a point . So the planes I've mothballed, I just store the settings in the spreadsheet log file for that plane -- if I ever want to fly it again... Yes, I keep a log of each plane I fly.

I did the same as stated above and bought a 1800 square pack the same time I bought the radio.... Works great.

BTW I use that 'launch' and land feature too for my hand lauched Simple P-51 (now bungee) . Set some up elevator in the launch mode and as soon as it gets on step, I click the switch to 'normal' and we are off! Works great....
rclark is offline Find More Posts by rclark
Last edited by rclark; Mar 05, 2004 at 11:12 AM.