HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2001, 09:55 PM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
source for 10 and 11t pinions for endo and gd600?

I found these at hobby lobby and was wondering if anyone knows if they'll fit for the endo/gd600 combo.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/ecoparts.htm

They're for the ikarus heli stuff, and it does'nt even tell if they're 48 pitch or not.

Anybody know this stuff?
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2001, 10:13 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,939 Posts
You can get 10T pinions from MEC (that's what goes with their standard 6:1 ratio Superbox). 11s are a little harder to get....
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Dec 14, 2001, 10:35 PM
iankraus.com/rcvideo
Joined Jun 2001
450 Posts
hi Dean,
I'm not 100% on this but ask to see if the leisure 10T pinion won't work. It may not be the right pitch. dunno.
I think tower sells it.
How's that little foamie going??
iankraus is offline Find More Posts by iankraus
Old Dec 14, 2001, 11:07 PM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
Hi Ian.

The little foamie, now named Frenzy, is going great.

The dimensions are finalized and so's the cg.

The plane flys exactly the same inverted as right side up and loops exactly the same either way too.

One fun trick is to flyby inverted at top speed at about 5 ft up, and as it comes past you to hard yank a 1/2 inverted loop and go right back the way you came at about 12 ft. This plane loses very little energy doing this and really whizzes back the other way at high speed! I think it retains energy well due to the good a/r of the wing. This also seems to help the transition to going vertical as the plane really shoots up high on a hard pull up. Very fun.

Now if only my 4.09:1 gb would show up from HL.

As far as the leisure pinion, that is supposed to work, but I'm trying to find something that my LHS can get ahold of and they do order form HL.
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee
Old Dec 15, 2001, 12:28 AM
iankraus.com/rcvideo
Joined Jun 2001
450 Posts
Dean- Good to hear your plane is tearing it up!!
Today I designed a aerobatic A/E HLG crossover slope racer. 60" wing and aiming for under 10oz. auw. carbonfiber boom, epp pod on carbon/glass tongue. Blue foam wings, covered in ripstop nlyon with carbon over 1/8 " balsa full depth spar which also acts as a mild turbulator. purpose designed 6% airfoil section! Four servos for variable camber wing I was thinking I could do a rudder also and make a 80" poly wing for really light lift days. The idea is to be able to slope small hills in the local park or a ridge of trees.
Old Dec 16, 2001, 10:31 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2001
392 Posts
Ian,

Your ripstop nylon covered wings sound very interesting. Would you be willing to share construction details and/or some digital construction pictures for us on E-zone?

Thx,

Gerry
gerico is offline Find More Posts by gerico
Old Dec 16, 2001, 11:44 PM
iankraus.com/rcvideo
Joined Jun 2001
450 Posts
Gerry-
no problem. I'm going to experiment with sewing up a set of 'bags' that the tapered wing slides down into. If the fit is good i will coat the wing with either thinned elmers or a very thin scraping of probond. I have just ordered this .5 oz kite fabric that is lighter than nylon but still very strong. If it looks like it's going to work with the kite fabric I will post some pics.
ian
Old Dec 17, 2001, 11:19 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2001
392 Posts
Ian,

Hope it works. If it does, let us know where you get the 0.5 oz fabric.

Thanks,

Gerry
Old Dec 18, 2001, 04:56 AM
iankraus.com/rcvideo
Joined Jun 2001
450 Posts
here is the link to the kite supply shop.
They also have some cool carbon spars and booms.
http://citystar.com/hang-em-high/
Old Dec 18, 2001, 10:56 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2001
392 Posts
Thanks Ian. The kite shop has pretty good prices.
Have you tried the 1/2 oz ripstop and thinned white glue yet?
Old Dec 18, 2001, 11:59 PM
iankraus.com/rcvideo
Joined Jun 2001
450 Posts
No. havn't had the chance as I am still waiting for the 1/2oz fabric to turn up. I only ordered it a couple of days back. I am also trying to get the esprit model site finished and Minikoi kits out the door. Hope to get it done within the week thou.
regards
Ian
Old Dec 19, 2001, 12:07 AM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2001
392 Posts
Hey Ian,

I checked out your web sites and the Minikoi is waaay cool. After I learn to fly a bit better I may have to buy one. I've got a Mpx 400bb and a 3.3:1 concentric gearbox. Think it would do the trick w/ a 9x5 folder?
Old Dec 19, 2001, 12:24 AM
iankraus.com/rcvideo
Joined Jun 2001
450 Posts
gerico - thanks man. did you get to see the (sorry about the 15mb size) vid??
a 280bb will do the the trick really nice, however a high performance geared 400 or is the way to go. I have a 400bb but am still waiting for a gear box that will fit the shaft dia. I have ordered one from my supplier.. It looks pretty good in motocalc. The geared rocket system ( dean put me on to these motors!) really works well and is even slightly lighter than a graupner speed 400. I use a 10x7 apc mostly, sometimes a 11x7 and sometimes a 9x8(or so)
Old Dec 19, 2001, 01:35 AM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2001
392 Posts
Ian,

Rocket looks like the way to go. I got the GB for the 400bb from New Creations for under $25...what a deal. Nice people. Looks to be the same concentric GB that Hobby Lobby sells. Havent run it yet but it's extremely high quality. P Calc suggests some pretty wild performance figures at 18 amps or so.