HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 20, 2013, 04:40 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, London
Joined Aug 2012
218 Posts
Discussion
Quanum QFX Plus GPS Multi-Rotor Flight Controller With GPS Functions

Anyone interested in a NAZA clone?
What are your input on this?

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...Functions.html
shaz14 is offline Find More Posts by shaz14
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2013, 06:38 AM
Registered User
bigor's Avatar
Ukraine, Dnipropetrovs'ka oblast, Dnipropetrovs'k
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
This is the same as IFLY-V4M/GPS controller.
bigor is offline Find More Posts by bigor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2013, 08:59 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
I Love Price Wars, HK is fighting the battle to lower the $$$ for all the hobbyists. The question is whether is any good? Who's buying and reviewing?
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2013, 04:57 AM
Multirotor geek
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Mar 2013
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigor View Post
This is the same as IFLY-V4M/GPS controller.
Yep, watching the HK video on it and it is the V4 from Ifly. I thought it was going to be a NAZA clone, but woe, I'd buy a APM before I bought this.

Quanum Flight Controller Xmas (9 min 43 sec)
kenpoprofessor is online now Find More Posts by kenpoprofessor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:00 PM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Yep, watching the HK video on it and it is the V4 from Ifly. I thought it was going to be a NAZA clone, but woe, I'd buy a APM before I bought this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Wg0MNiC3g
So it's crap?
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2013, 06:56 AM
http://www.fpvportugal.com
GhostMaster's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
3,932 Posts
NAZA Lite clone... At least they could insert some type of OSD addon, this could make some difference...
GhostMaster is offline Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2013, 08:37 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Springwood
Joined Dec 2012
329 Posts
The GPS/barro drift in the specs is not very impressive considering most new FCs in this price range are using more accurate components these days.
ZaksterBlue is offline Find More Posts by ZaksterBlue
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2013, 02:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
97 Posts
So worth a look then?

Looking for a FC for new hex and for years I have been using a rctimer apm 2.5 on my quad and was going to get a 2.6 clone, but after reading various forums on what the latest firmware seems to be doing to the boards (even proper 3dr ones) I am considering something else. I am not too worried about waypoint just alt hold, loiter and rtl really will this FC suit my needs for this kind of budget?
I bow to your greater knowledge on this matter.
Utakos is offline Find More Posts by Utakos
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2013, 05:12 AM
http://www.fpvportugal.com
GhostMaster's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
3,932 Posts
Naza lite its better if you want something that works...
GhostMaster is offline Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2014, 01:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2013
2 Posts
Naza lite is good, but it's assistant will not let you decide guess the compass. Nothing worse than the naza fly away. Yes, It was operator error.... (too close to magnetic source.
killerfx4u is offline Find More Posts by killerfx4u
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2014, 04:34 PM
http://www.fpvportugal.com
GhostMaster's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
3,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfx4u View Post
Naza lite is good, but it's assistant will not let you decide guess the compass. Nothing worse than the naza fly away. Yes, It was operator error.... (too close to magnetic source.
DJI NAZA Lite is way better than this... Most flyaways are pilot errors...
GhostMaster is offline Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2014, 06:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2006
1,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster View Post
DJI NAZA Lite is way better than this... Most flyaways are pilot errors...
not true for the flyaway...
you could have one easily with a bad gps reception(no saw filter on it for dji no phantom version)

i have dji lite and i like it so far but i prefer my arducopter
i have more features,my gps mode are better than my dji and it s safer than dji(glitch detection and lots of feature to avoid this kind of problem)

on top of that,the software move on rapidly with more solid features
the only thing i dislike with my apm is that is old processor and not ready to fly like dji
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2014, 06:29 PM
Multirotor geek
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Mar 2013
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utakos View Post
So worth a look then?

Looking for a FC for new hex and for years I have been using a rctimer apm 2.5 on my quad and was going to get a 2.6 clone, but after reading various forums on what the latest firmware seems to be doing to the boards (even proper 3dr ones) I am considering something else. I am not too worried about waypoint just alt hold, loiter and rtl really will this FC suit my needs for this kind of budget?
I bow to your greater knowledge on this matter.
Just put together a hex yesterday, used the KK2.1 I got from Punkindrublic . Literally, right out of the gate, no adjustments, just made sure to use the ACC bubble to level, calibrated, and lift off, no wobbles

I was going to put a NAZA lite w/GPS but now I'm debating if I should leave the KK2.1

Clyde
kenpoprofessor is online now Find More Posts by kenpoprofessor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2014, 03:13 AM
penichard78
france near paris
Joined Jun 2010
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
not true for the flyaway...
you could have one easily with a bad gps reception(no saw filter on it for dji no phantom version)

i have dji lite and i like it so far but i prefer my arducopter
i have more features,my gps mode are better than my dji and it s safer than dji(glitch detection and lots of feature to avoid this kind of problem)

on top of that,the software move on rapidly with more solid features
the only thing i dislike with my apm is that is old processor and not ready to fly like dji
bien vu titeuf007
i agree with you
penichard78 is offline Find More Posts by penichard78
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2014, 10:00 PM
Semper Fi
greedyg76's Avatar
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
Has any one of you that have said this Quantum QFX is junk, had any direct experience with it? Anyone? Bueller? I didn't think so. Its so annoying when a new lower priced widget hits the market and the haters jump all over it without ever seeing one in person.

I've got a Naza Lite, M v1, and WK. I'll get one of these just to test it out so I can offer an intelligent opinion...
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New HK KK2 RELEASED! - Hobbyking KK2.1 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board mike_m2 Multirotor Electronics 65 Nov 16, 2014 10:30 AM
Discussion KK Pro Multi-rotor Flight Control Board franko_ Multirotor Electronics 2 Jan 10, 2014 11:38 AM
Found Hobbyking KK2.1 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board With 6050MPU And Atmel 644PA jmdlcar Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Dec 13, 2013 03:03 PM
Alert DJI Naza M V2 Multi-Rotor Stabilization Controller and GPS/Compass Yojay Hot Online Deals 0 Nov 26, 2013 05:20 PM
For Sale Dji naza multi-rotor stabilization controller with gps/compass 3DTRYER Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 0 Mar 26, 2013 11:03 PM