HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2013, 09:12 PM
Lexington, KY
Joined Oct 2004
138 Posts
Discussion
DJI BTU 4.0 problem

Guys, received the Data Link with BTU today and I only get a Red LED on the BTU. I've upgraded firmware to the latest. Ipad of course can't see it in this state. Manual shows this as a problem. Any help?
waug is offline Find More Posts by waug
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2013, 09:16 PM
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I hope to get a new BTU from dealer to test soon. I Might try plugging BTU directly to Flight Controller to see what happens, but my guess is that it's a bad batch of BTU's.
Fsucharles is online now Find More Posts by Fsucharles
Old Dec 24, 2013, 02:40 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2013
584 Posts
I decided to break open my IPAD GS. I bought it as a package that included the BTU 4.0 module , iosd mini, and a Canbus Hub. Anyways, assuming I didn't know what I was doing, I just spent 1.5 hours going over manuals!

I plug in the BTU unit to the GS and to the PMU V2 and there are NO LIGHTS whatsoever on the BTU. No red or green. I assume the LED is on its side? The Iphone Naza M assistant can't find the controller (I tried many times, and updated IOS). When I leave the BTU on the PMUV2 and connect to the Naza Assistant on the PC via USB, it sees a BTU unit but has a weird product ID. I think it was "?????????" or "YYYYYYYYYYY".

Anyways, do I have a faulty unit? I bought it over 2 months ago so hopefully there is some warranty etc. I sent a quick email to the retailer. THIS SUCKS.
Phantom604 is offline Find More Posts by Phantom604
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video Resources - For Beginners
Old Dec 31, 2013, 03:16 PM
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2013
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waug View Post
Guys, received the Data Link with BTU today and I only get a Red LED on the BTU. I've upgraded firmware to the latest. Ipad of course can't see it in this state. Manual shows this as a problem. Any help?
Same problem, solid red BTU, no clue how to proceed. All firmware is updated. IOS7 problem or is the BTU PC related instead of a iPad...

Wouter
Wouterjansen60 is offline Find More Posts by Wouterjansen60
Old Jan 01, 2014, 05:12 AM
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2009
53 Posts
Same here. Purchased over the holidays and it's solid Red. Going through the DJI 2.4G Bluetooth DataLink Assistant_1.0.0.6, it sees the datalink and the btu unit, showing that the firmware is up to date.
ajafar is offline Find More Posts by ajafar
Old Jan 01, 2014, 05:47 AM
Ireland
Joined Mar 2013
3,638 Posts
Dji are aware of the BTU red light and will issue a firmware update soon, I'm reliably informed. I have the same issue and have raised the issue with them.

The GS for phantom 2 is due this month so the BTU issue will need to be resolved to support this.
eirlink is offline Find More Posts by eirlink
Old Jan 01, 2014, 02:19 PM
Joined Jun 2013
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink View Post
Dji are aware of the BTU red light and will issue a firmware update soon, I'm reliably informed. I have the same issue and have raised the issue with them.

The GS for phantom 2 is due this month so the BTU issue will need to be resolved to support this.
Eirlink,

Guess you spoke with Dr. Turbo from DJI or who? Unbelievable thst official DJI dealers still selling this feature without telling it wont work on P2 (yet)

PS, On the ground end, i do see one solid green led (left) and a blinking red led (right side), do you experiance that too, air end both green ( one solid, one blinking), so basically and referring the attachement, the ground end is working but only receiving packages...
Last edited by Wouterjansen60; Jan 09, 2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2014, 03:02 PM
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2009
53 Posts
Any update to this yet? Don't want to keep waiting and go past 30 days and not have the ability to exchange this with my dealer.
ajafar is offline Find More Posts by ajafar
Old Jan 09, 2014, 08:07 PM
Joined Jun 2013
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajafar View Post
Any update to this yet? Don't want to keep waiting and go past 30 days and not have the ability to exchange this with my dealer.
Nothing at all.... I know the feeling!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 03:19 PM
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
Same thing here. Here's a video I made to illustrate

2.4G Data Link Problem (1 min 42 sec)
shawnadams is offline Find More Posts by shawnadams
Old Jan 11, 2014, 03:27 PM
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
Here is what's in the documentation...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 04:18 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnadams View Post
Same thing here. Here's a video I made to illustrate

https://vimeo.com/83933363
Shawn,

What iOS versions are you using on the 5 and the iPad mini. My iPad mini does connect but I have not upgraded it to iOS 7.xx. The iPhone is on iOS 7.0.4 the mini is on 6.22 I think.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 11, 2014, 04:33 PM
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Shawn,

What iOS versions are you using on the 5 and the iPad mini. My iPad mini does connect but I have not upgraded it to iOS 7.xx. The iPhone is on iOS 7.0.4 the mini is on 6.22 I think.
my mini is 7.0.4 andI have an iPad with v6 and v5. I can't even put GS on the old iPad, but I've tried them all.. I believe the light on the BTU should be green showing ready weather it's connected or not. Not just solid red..
Old Jan 11, 2014, 09:05 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnadams View Post
my mini is 7.0.4 andI have an iPad with v6 and v5. I can't even put GS on the old iPad, but I've tried them all.. I believe the light on the BTU should be green showing ready weather it's connected or not. Not just solid red..
I will play with mine tomorrow while I watch the playoffs.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:40 AM
United States, WI, Woodruff
Joined Jan 2014
241 Posts
New to this forum but my p2 GS has done same thing, red light, will call dealer tomorrow, saw one post elsewhere that said wrong can bus used but I think there is only one, right? I understand them to just daisy chain. The zenmuse and fpv work fine. Could gs work without the btu for iPad, and use gs computer based connected to the 2.4 gh Tx ? All the updates seemed to have loaded fine.
northwoods is offline Find More Posts by northwoods