SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:07 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
DJI Phantom Transmitter Not Recognized (Flashing Yellow Light)

I successfully flew my DJI Phantom.

Then I updated firmware via the NAZA-M Assistant Software and the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal.

After that update, I get a constant yellow flashing LED light indicating that the transmitter isn't being recognized.

I have tried reconfiguring the transmitter based on what I found here:
Naza M v4 Firmware update (DJI Phantom) (23 min 10 sec)

I also verified that PPM (not D-Bus) is set.

I tried to click the Intelligent Orientation Control checkbox, but that box isn't available to be checked (doesn't work).

These are all the things I can find that might contribute to a solution, but the transmitter isn't being recognized in the assistant software, and the flipping back and forth of the GPS and ATT switch does nothing to undo the flashing yellow light.

I need a solution.
jbellamy is offline Find More Posts by jbellamy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:37 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellamy View Post

Then I updated firmware via the NAZA-M Assistant Software and the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal.

After that update, I get a constant yellow flashing LED light indicating that the transmitter isn't being recognized.

I have tried reconfiguring the transmitter based on what I found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx0YHQeWaj8.

I tried to click the Intelligent Orientation Control checkbox, but that box isn't available to be checked (doesn't work).

These are all the things I can find that might contribute to a solution, but the transmitter isn't being recognized in the assistant software, and the flipping back and forth of the GPS and ATT switch does nothing to undo the flashing yellow light.

I need a solution.
The flashing yellow light means you need to rebind your transmitter. Which version of the Phantom do you have?
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2013, 05:00 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
The flashing yellow light means you need to rebind your transmitter. Which version of the Phantom do you have?
It's the Phantom (not the Phantom 2). http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-downloads/

It was in updating the NAZA-M firmware that the problems began.

The transmitter IS recognized if I switch to D-Bus mode, but that appears to mean an inability to use the GPS mode.

If I move to PPM mode, I get the constant flashing yellow indicating it doesn't recognize the transmitter -- which seem strange since D-Bus works just fine.

Thoughts?
jbellamy is offline Find More Posts by jbellamy
Old Dec 21, 2013, 05:30 PM
Joined Dec 2013
1 Posts
Having the exact same problem following the exact same steps. Newbie here, trying to learn this thing, it would be helpful if there was a lexicon somewhere that showed what all the abbreviations mean!
Paulyester is offline Find More Posts by Paulyester
Old Dec 26, 2013, 06:14 AM
Joined Dec 2013
1 Posts
Same issue here.
Runs OK in D-BUS mode... and I seem to be able to use GPS functionality OK.
Did you guys sort the issue, or have you stayed in D-BUS mode? Cheers.
jemichae is offline Find More Posts by jemichae
Old Dec 26, 2013, 02:46 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Dec 2006
1 Posts
Talked with B&H photo, which is where I got mine and got that if you have version 1.1 of the phantom, you must be in D-Bus mode in order for the transmitter to be recognized. GPS mode works normally and everything. It should have been set to D-Bus as the default. Mine was not. got it all sorted out and ready to fly.
hondaMXracer18 is offline Find More Posts by hondaMXracer18
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:09 AM
Valiant Poultry
United States, MI, Jackson
Joined Apr 2012
939 Posts
Trying to help a guy on another forum troubleshoot this issue.

I haven't updated to 4.02 yet...no real reason for me to, as I don't care about limits and don't use a ZenMuse.

Anybody got an idea what's going on in this situation?
Gimpdiggity is offline Find More Posts by Gimpdiggity
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
Hi,

that other guy is me!

Thanks v much for trying on my behalf to find a solution for me....

its been driving me crazy!....

everyone sorted with this? I am not..... whats the solution?
ocdcbr is offline Find More Posts by ocdcbr
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:59 AM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
THANKYOU THANKYOU, THANKYOU!!!!!!!

this was day 2 of frustration with my brand new phantom till just changing that setting to dbus!!!!!as suggested 2 posts or so up!

simple as that it seems!

its stopped the flashing yellow lights and without props i got it started up inside...

thanks again! A definate new convert to rcgroups.com.....another forum to upset my wife by being on waaayyy too much!

thanks all!
ocdcbr is offline Find More Posts by ocdcbr
Old Jan 14, 2014, 05:27 AM
Joined Jan 2014
1 Posts
D-bus Flight Problems

I also came up against this problem after upgrading to get my Zenmuse working properly. I have also replaced the main circuit board but everything worked fine until the software upgrade.

I switched to D-bus and took it for a very gentle flight. The Phantom was all over the place. It wouldn't hover with sticks released and started to fly away on the breeze. Luckily I regained control and managed a hard landing, thankfully with no damage.

There seems to be no GPS control. Does anybody know how I can get GPS working with D-bus selected?

Thanks for any suggestions.
QPhantom is offline Find More Posts by QPhantom
Old Apr 06, 2014, 07:59 AM
Joined Apr 2013
7 Posts
ok I appreciate this is slightly old... but I am having probelms with my Phantom 2 please see you tube video

Phantom2 Help, Colin Quinn from DJI please help? Someone? (4 min 41 sec)
jonrms is offline Find More Posts by jonrms
Old Jun 09, 2014, 06:36 PM
Joined Apr 2014
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellamy View Post

I have tried reconfiguring the transmitter based on what I found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx0YHQeWaj8.

I need a solution.
----------------------------
So do I! I hope someone really knows how to restore normality after an upgrade and can help both of us. I upgraded to firmware V3 for its advantages, although I don't have a camera on my P2. I also chose the Nazda mode. Now, the transmitter is not recognised by the P2, although the assistant does and allowed me to calibrate it normally on line. Then I returned to the Phantom mode, which the assistant allows, but now I cannot start the rotors. I have also vainly tried to rebind it by pushing on the led on the quad. My transmitter setting is D-bus. Please help, someone! And my most sincere thanks in advance.
Gustavo
Gustavo10 is offline Find More Posts by Gustavo10