HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Secraft Titanium Tail Wheel Assemblies

Very nice titanium tail wheel assemblies for large aircraft

Splash

Upgrade your tail wheel assembly

The Secraft titanium tail wheel assemblies are a work of art. Take one look at the photos and you can tell it just oozes quality and robustness. The wire is titanium and the mount is made of aluminum. These are geared towards IMAC planes and they come in two different sizes, one for 33% and one for 40%. Esprit Model says these tail wheel assemblies are up to the toughest challenges, and they certainly look the part. [Esprit Model]

Discussion

Old Dec 19, 2013, 04:30 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,979 Posts
What's up with the silly perforated wheel?
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Dec 19, 2013, 07:04 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,348 Posts
Yea that wheel looks funky sexy set up but wheel lol makes no sense adds draaaaaaaag
Amp Abuser is online now Find More Posts by Amp Abuser
Old Dec 19, 2013, 08:30 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp Abuser View Post
Yea that wheel looks funky sexy set up but wheel lol makes no sense adds draaaaaaaag
If you're using this tailwheel and worried about the drag it creates because of the holes, then you have it on the wrong plane...

Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RMRC FPV Fest 2014 Wrap-up
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:25 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,376 Posts
I am a fan of anything Secraft; I have a bunch of their stuff and think they are of great quality, their items are incredibly functional, and have some of the best aesthetic appeal available. I am a huge fan of their transmitter accessories, and no doubt this tailwheel will be equally impressive.

We had a bunch of the old DFC crew out at GMA today, missed ya being out there with us!
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:08 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,524 Posts
Is the tail wheel replaceable?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 20, 2013, 01:26 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Is the tail wheel replaceable?
Yes and they sell it separately also.
Jason Cole is offline Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Dec 20, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Aug 2007
543 Posts
I already have them on my site. Including the wheels that are sold separately. These are really nice units for 35% and 40% birds. And i have a 10% sale going on from now till the end of the year.
Azhar is offline Find More Posts by Azhar
Old Dec 21, 2013, 08:45 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,557 Posts
I just want to know when someone will start mfg. scale type tail wheel assembly's for the 50 ga-jillion Cubs we have out there that ACTUALLY work, have replaceable parts and represent SCALE? As in 1/7th and above? If they can make parts for my Trex 250 Heli, surely they can mfg. for small to big Cubs?

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:55 PM
Old newb
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2003
159 Posts
The SIG tail wheel is not too bad.
r39o is online now Find More Posts by r39o
Old Dec 23, 2013, 03:14 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,589 Posts
I wasn't going to get involved, but you can tell an engineer was involved in the design of it...

If he / they would apply those same efforts to a SCALE Scott tailwheel, there's an untapped market..

And exotic materials are not required for scale buffs...aluminum's just fine..
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Dec 23, 2013, 07:16 AM
formerly soaringbird
mount dora, florida
Joined Jun 2006
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I wasn't going to get involved, but you can tell an engineer was involved in the design of it...

If he / they would apply those same efforts to a SCALE Scott tailwheel, there's an untapped market..

And exotic materials are not required for scale buffs...aluminum's just fine..
Yes please!!!!

I would be very happy if someone would come out with a scale tailwheel. I am getting ready to try and build one myself but would rather just buy one

FranklinB is offline Find More Posts by FranklinB
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:25 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,557 Posts
Scott tail Wheel

I got ahold of Rose Engineering & discussed this at some length. The good is that it can be done but maybe not 'quite' to scale looks. The bad is the cost. They make some really sweet TW's but for the bigger birds. They basically need to run a few hundred units and then be able to sell them just to break even on design & production costs. They offered one comment that was at the gist of it, "How many people are going to pay the cost for producing them?" Just the TW they sell for the big birds are 100 plus bucks.

I'm sure they could be produced at less cost if they were some type of injection molded process but until someone can locate a company to undertake the issue, I doubt we'll be seeing them in the near future.

Dan

I should have included 3D printing methods as well.
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Last edited by deckert; Dec 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added info
Old Dec 24, 2013, 08:45 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,589 Posts
Playing the 'devil's advocate' here, how many are going to buy a TITANIUM Secraft Tailwheel ???
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:15 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,000 Posts
I have one of the Dubro semi scale TW on my CAP. I don't care for the big knob on top of the tail wheel swivel but that can be minimized. The TW as a whole works well and is available up to a "120" size.

http://shop.dubro.com/c/aircraft_tai...ets?pp=12&pg=2

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497