HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2005, 11:19 PM
Hooked On Flying!!!
South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Joined May 2003
1,691 Posts
livinma1,
Good to hear your Corsair is doing well and your getting your $$'s worth of fun from her. I will have to take some before and after pics of the repairs. Probably won't get to it until sometime this winter though (building season). Missed flying her at the beach as well but did get lots of flying in with my TM400 and Cobra as well as my Devestator Wing and Corona Heli. Made for a great weekend and I vow to return the Corsair to Bodega Bay next year, this time in one piece.
HAPPY FLYING!!!
tahoecrest is offline Find More Posts by tahoecrest
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:12 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoecrest
livinma1,
Good to hear your Corsair is doing well and your getting your $$'s worth of fun from her. I will have to take some before and after pics of the repairs. Probably won't get to it until sometime this winter though (building season). Missed flying her at the beach as well but did get lots of flying in with my TM400 and Cobra as well as my Devestator Wing and Corona Heli. Made for a great weekend and I vow to return the Corsair to Bodega Bay next year, this time in one piece.
HAPPY FLYING!!!

LOL - Atleast you had other planes with you to have fun. I am sure if it was only the corsair you would of doubled back immediately for the corsair.

livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:00 AM
Let er Rip
Long Island, NY
Joined Oct 2003
3,111 Posts
[QUOTE=Andy Steere]After nearly two full seasons, and countless flights, my Corsair is no more. QUOTE]

Andy, bummer. 2 years and all the flights you had with her, yep, it was her time.... . I had sold my orginal some time ago, but still have my "Big Hog" and its going strong. I go to the field with at least 4 at anyone time (have 11 between Alfa and Flying Styro) so no one particular plane gets more air time than another, they last me longer that way. Knock wood.

Have both Alfa jets, fly great, so now its getting scary as I just bought the Aeronaut Panther, its awesome in looks and the damage to the wallet is awesome as well.... . As in 1K ready to fly. She lawn darts on me, much sadness will follow.... well, its only money....

Tahoecrest, there ya are, thought we lost ya. Good to hear from ya mate though the news was not pretty......

Jim
Pilot44 is offline Find More Posts by Pilot44
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:27 AM
Hooked On Flying!!!
South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Joined May 2003
1,691 Posts
Jim,
I'm still lurking in the shadows, LOL! Working on a Katana mini at the present moment and hope to have her airborne by next weekend. Good Luck with the Panther and nice to hear from you as well. Keep us posted.
Don
tahoecrest is offline Find More Posts by tahoecrest
Old Oct 11, 2005, 02:45 AM
Columbia, Missouri
Joined Sep 2002
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot44
Andy, bummer. 2 years and all the flights you had with her, yep, it was her time.... .
Hey Jim. Yes, I agree... it was her time. Thinking about replacing her... I need a prop-driven warbird in my stable. Tempted to get another Alfa Corsair, but I'm also looking seriously at the new e-flite P-47. I have the powersystem to drive the bigger e-flite... I was pushing the limits of the Alfa design with 175-200 watts. Sure was fast while it lasted though.
Andy Steere is offline Find More Posts by Andy Steere
Old Sep 29, 2007, 09:32 AM
Joined Mar 2005
18 Posts
Guys, one quick question...i lost my instrutions...where is the balance point of alfa corsair f4u? hope somebody can tell me!

David
BUCIbuc is offline Find More Posts by BUCIbuc
Old Sep 29, 2007, 01:52 PM
Columbia, Missouri
Joined Sep 2002
374 Posts
There are two marks on the bottom pan of the fuselage (actually on the bottom of the wing in the center). This is the balance point. Attached is the setup sheet that comes with it... the balance point is shown in Figure E on the far right hand side.
Last edited by Andy Steere; Sep 29, 2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 02:03 PM
Columbia, Missouri
Joined Sep 2002
374 Posts
I found an electronic version of the instructions. I've attached them here.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 06:40 AM
Joined Mar 2005
18 Posts
Oh, thanx, great help, just what i was looking for. Andy, thanx for the input and your time.
David
BUCIbuc is offline Find More Posts by BUCIbuc