HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2013, 02:30 AM
Joined Aug 2013
62 Posts
New Product
Found a good tank control board

So, I was trawling the RC Tank Paintball forums, I found this: Cheap Control Systems

This thing has particularly good value for us tank hobbyists, seeing that unlike aircraft people, a lot of us don't have our own radio, and that upgrading our Heng Long tanks almost always require a new control board, and a radio.

With CCS we can use second-hand Playstation 2 controllers as a radio, greatly reducing the cost of pimping the tank.
It's got tank-styled mixing pre-installed, so we don't have to set it.
Finally, what I found most valuable, is that we can hook-up Playstation controller's trigger button to the gun, something which would very cumbersome on a airplane radio.

Now I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very promising.

Edit: here's their demo video

Paintball tank controlled by PS2 gamepad (1 min 9 sec)
goduranus is offline Find More Posts by goduranus
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:22 AM
YHR
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
This is not an ESC, so you would need to buy that to go along,

Also I am not sure how many different "channels" you would have available
YHR is offline Find More Posts by YHR
Old Dec 15, 2013, 05:50 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
If you use a DBC2 board you can use the stock radio.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Dec 15, 2013, 08:00 PM
Joined Aug 2013
62 Posts
It's got 12channels, I'll use it on my Leo 2 mod and post the results.
goduranus is offline Find More Posts by goduranus
Old Dec 16, 2013, 01:08 PM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
That actually looks pretty intriguing. 12 channels is a lot on one tank, would make turret/gun and firing controls pretty easy. I'm assuming you might be able to also use a Clark or something since they require receiver input, and this board does that. Hmmmm
Sky HawK is offline Find More Posts by Sky HawK