HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2013, 06:14 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Dec 2013
72 Posts
Help!
Budget FPV quad for beginners

I've recently decided to get into this hobby. I purchased a DX8 Tx and a FW450 kit, but now I'm deciding that first I'd like to get into FPV flying on a smaller scale first. What I would like to be able to do is use my DX8 transmitter.

Does anyone have a build log (or shopping list) for a budget FPV quad that would suit a beginner like me? I don't mind getting my hands dirty, so a ground-up build is OK. I have some soldering skills and experience with gas/electric RC cars (albeit years ago). I'm also not opposed to modding a BNF, but I know my Spektrum only works with *some* quads.. DSM2 only?

I really like the look of some of the "H" quad designs for FPV - and I saw the pre-order go up for the BAH Mini H which looked really nice. There's just so many options and price ranges out there I don't know what to choose.

Looking to spend around $300-500

Thanks in advance!
lugal317 is offline Find More Posts by lugal317
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2013, 06:42 PM
quit crying start flying
United States, CA
Joined Mar 2013
1,944 Posts
I got a bah available with motors esc's you just have to put it together would be ready to ship tomorrow 230 shipped for frame motors and esc's and a set of props
bayareaheli is offline Find More Posts by bayareaheli
Old Dec 13, 2013, 09:24 PM
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,370 Posts
Look over this thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1958141

Its not hobby grade but very stable and cheap. Comes w/Tx so flying will be close in and thats ok while your learning. Massive rc sells them without the foam safety ring and brushed motors broke in and props balanced. And he sells parts.

fatsharks have entry and mid level fpv kits starting at $200
goggles
camera
transmittter
reciever
plug and play

so for $80 to $100 on the v262 rtf
and $200 + on fpv your right at $300
mcnowhere is offline Find More Posts by mcnowhere
Old Dec 14, 2013, 03:09 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,583 Posts
There are plenty of options, you can get a micro Ladybird, Hobbywow do the DSM2 version, just add a TX5805 to make it FPV. I got the Ladybird v2 FPV version but it comes with a Walkera TX. There is about to be released the Rclogger One Eye Xtreme. Thats a micro brushless quad with supposedly a 100gms payload so you could add a mobius and FPV gear. It uses OneLink which plugs into your TX or you can buy a LemonRX DSM2 rx PPM and use your TX without OneLink.

Neither of these are H Quads though, the BAH looks like a nice and foldable H Quad, not sure how much it costs though.
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Dec 18, 2013, 03:05 AM
http://www.fpvportugal.com
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
3,576 Posts
Xtreme looks great for the price...
GhostMaster is offline Find More Posts by GhostMaster