Thailand, Samut Prakan, Sam Rong Klang
Joined May 2013
99 Posts
Discussion
Servo gimbal with vibration

Looking for advice...

Now we problem with this kind of vibration, see VDO

Quad vibration (0 min 18 sec)

So, we plan to install this Servo gimbal with Naza-lite to reduce the vibration but i not sure these gimbal Can help me or not?
(disregard for the Bushless gimbal and vibration caused)

anyone experienced with servo gimbal, please advice.

Name: yhst-90268561309754_2268_385731340.jpg
Views: 23
Size: 90.8 KB
Description:
CHATCHAIAPI is offline Find More Posts by CHATCHAIAPI
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2013, 07:08 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
In all honesty and having had a lot of experience with an AV200 gimbal, I would be looking into the source of the vibration and reducing it as much as possible. Balance motors, balance props. What camera was being used? Generally a bit of weight on the gimbal actually helps the anti vibration isolators work better.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Dec 10, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joined May 2013
99 Posts
im already balance the prop but motor still not.

I placed Hobbyking HD Wing cam on above of mounting plate that have 4 rubber dampener located as marked in red of below photo and secured it with fiber tape (not to tight) , just for vibration test only. Actual cam i plan to install with this Fatshark 600tvl camera for FPV flight and sure i don't need this vibration effect during FPV flight.

Any idea to eliminate it?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 07:50 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Definitely look into how well balanced the motors are. I had similar jello with a small FPV cam and it ended out being a couple of my motors needed balancing. Take all the props off and it's best if you can run the motors up one at a time. I use a separate RX for doing this and run up one at a time bypassing the controller. You will feel it if the can is not balanced. Use some good high adhesion tape and stick it to the can of the motor. There are some good vids online on how to do it.

The video will not be as bad through a normal FPV CCD cam as it is lower resolution. The higher the resolution and frame rate, the worse the jello will appear.

Hope this helps.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:04 AM
Joined May 2013
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Definitely look into how well balanced the motors are. I had similar jello with a small FPV cam and it ended out being a couple of my motors needed balancing. Take all the props off and it's best if you can run the motors up one at a time. I use a separate RX for doing this and run up one at a time bypassing the controller. You will feel it if the can is not balanced. Use some good high adhesion tape and stick it to the can of the motor. There are some good vids online on how to do it.

The video will not be as bad through a normal FPV CCD cam as it is lower resolution. The higher the resolution and frame rate, the worse the jello will appear.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Thanks a lot Mark. I will try to reduce the vibration first and any update will post here again.