HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by M3Roc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2013, 08:01 PM
Oy Vey...
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Dec 2012
694 Posts
Rant
To those selling..

I don't care and neither can I nore you prove that you've only had "a couple flights and no crashes" on anything, specially motors. If its used, list it as used. Not like new, not slightly used but not really sure if that would really be considered used. I've dealt with enough people in multiple hobbies to know that most people are not careful with their hobbies and the rest are just plain liars.

If its in the box, never been hooked up, never seen power, still shrink wrapped if that's how it came, then its considered new. You don't walk into a retail store and expect to pay full price or near full price for something that's been opened and played with. It really annoys me when someone buys something, plays with it and then tries to get their money back on a used item as though were suppose to believe every word you say. Specially if you have blurry or no pictures at all to show the condition.
M3Roc is offline Find More Posts by M3Roc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2013, 08:29 PM
USA, MO, Ozark
Joined Nov 2006
1,503 Posts
Buyer beware applies

Hi
Sounds like you got ripped, bummer. The big tip off, well 1 of 'em, is the "fuzzy pics". Just don't fool with a fool without some camera skills IMHO
It has happened to most of us once...fool me once???
ozmo01 is online now Find More Posts by ozmo01
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:50 AM
Oy Vey...
Joined Dec 2012
694 Posts
Yeah once or twice. I just get heated when I see the same people selling the same garbage swearing that this time its different. Most people just don't take care of anything they own, they have no pride in being neat or honest.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:53 PM
The Doc
United States, NY, Roslyn Heights
Joined Oct 2011
49 Posts
damn man, u sound very angry..
but i feel u. i have had the same problem before
allenzee is offline Find More Posts by allenzee
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:35 AM
United States, AK, Haines
Joined Jan 2013
274 Posts
Roc - I agree that used is used is used. It depreciates fast. As a buyer or seller, I figure max 50% of retail on used RC stuff is a good starting point. You can't expect to fly this stuff for a while, put it back in a box, and then get 85% back on the used market. Higher than that and I feel it is much safer to buy new on sale from a retail outlet with a good return policy.
kalidad is offline Find More Posts by kalidad
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:43 AM
Oy Vey...
Joined Dec 2012
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidad View Post
Roc - I agree that used is used is used. It depreciates fast. As a buyer or seller, I figure max 50% of retail on used RC stuff is a good starting point. You can't expect to fly this stuff for a while, put it back in a box, and then get 85% back on the used market. Higher than that and I feel it is much safer to buy new on sale from a retail outlet with a good return policy.
I find that a great majority of people in the forums are well aware of the prices and most simply don't have the funds. Not having funds is really not the fault of the seller, this hobby isn't cheap. What annoys me is when people act like no one know current prices, as though they are not a search away.

I know that people want to get most of their money back, I would love if that were the case. It would make this hobby easier. Fact is that in a hobby where crashes are a dime a dozen and people's craftsmanship is questionable, used items simply don't fetch a price.

Lastly, if I feel I won't get a fair price on a forum because lets be honest, people low ball all day long, ill take the effort to put it up on ebay. I've found that ive gotten at least what I asked if not more which confirms to me that my prices are not high at all, simply, market value.