HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2013, 07:20 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2006
2,132 Posts
Help!
Depron Dornier Delphin Plans

Hi Guys,

I have seen the fabulous Delphin depron model of GreenMunster designed by Jorg Pfister, it was a free download from the magazine Foamie.
I have tried all the links and searches I can but keep getting blown out of web sites even after trying to register. Can anyone please supply a copy, thanks.

I have downloaded a few decent three views and some nice pictures of this delightful flying boat, I want to build one for my grandson to cut his teeth on the water, thanks.

regards to all,

Al
rotorheid is offline Find More Posts by rotorheid
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2013, 10:17 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,848 Posts
I love a challenge, but this one ........

Here's a video I found of probably the same model --

Dornier Delphin II in Foamie 03/13 (2 min 3 sec)

Continuing to dig came across the German FMT magazine, with a reference to the FOAMIE 03/2013 magazine, (and a link that doesn't work, but shortening the link does get back to FMT) -- http://www.vth.de/flugmodell-und-tec...-m-spannweite/
(You may need the translator to convert German to English).

But....... trying to get to the FOAMIE magazine/site/link seem impossible.

The above video is by greenmunster on theses forums, who also did the Dornier Wal, but hasn't posted for a couple of years.

Lots of dead ends,

You may need to find a German RCGroups member who also does foamies.

(or find another flyingboat ).
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Dec 07, 2013, 05:48 PM
mcg
Joined Jul 2005
699 Posts
Hello Al, good to hear your voice.

Wonderful model idea. Ugly as a flying tugboat, but...

The publisher of the plan is vth.de and they have a stable of modeling magazines. Maybe if you inquire of vth.de they can guide you to a back issue of Foamie for March 2013. Not quite clear to me if Foamie is still in business.

Here are several other links you may have already found, and some thoughts about how to break through and open a line a communication. .

http://www.rcmovie.de/profile/5202
This site belongs to the designer. It has a button where you can send a message to him.

http://forum.rc-wasserflieger.at/thr...df9b6f990488d7
The designer posts on this forum. If you join it, maybe you can send him a pm.

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...hriftenhandel?
Lots of photos of the plane. Really impresive

https://www.vth.de/flugmodell-und-te...-m-spannweite/

This is VTH's promo for the plans in two wingspans, along with a google translation.

Dornier Delphin II with 1.7 and 0.8 m span

"Well he 's not " or " original, finally something else " are the comments that FOAMIE author Jörg Pfister gets to hear when he shows up with one of his dolphin models. The Dolphin II has a distinctive silhouette and is always clearly identified as such in the sky . Also for model builders has this peculiar aircraft a special charm and is suitable for all models of Dornier 20s best for a replica according to plan, because the wings are here directly on the hull . Jörg Pfister decided to build this characteristic plane in two sizes - 1.7 and 0.8 meter wingspan . He used the hull of the "great " mainly 6mm Depron , with the small variant, the whole model of 3 mm Depron . The Dornier Delphin II is one of our download plans in the FOAMIE 03 /2013. How do you build it, you read from page 42 Fascinating flight images of a test flight under wind conditions we show you in the following video :

FOAMIE 03 /2013
mcg is offline Find More Posts by mcg
Old Dec 08, 2013, 02:23 AM
Joined Jul 2008
32 Posts
Hey Dornier Enthusiasts!
A grins just told me here is a Thread about my delphin. Of course I will help as soon as I have Access from to my Computer , I am just typing from my mobile.
Another Nixe thing is that another Modeller has transferred the Big Version of the Modell into Aerofly 5.7. so you can fly it in Winter as well :-)
At the Moment there are 4 version built.
I built it with 0.7m and 1.7 m wingspan. Another Guy with 1.2 and another with 2.1 m with a real alloy Skin :-)
So I 'll give you the Plans soon and any Support you need
Joerg
greenmunster is offline Find More Posts by greenmunster
Old Dec 08, 2013, 02:24 AM
Joined Jul 2008
32 Posts
Hey Dornier Enthusiasts!
A friend just told me here is a Thread about my delphin. Of course I will help as soon as I have Access from to my Computer , I am just typing from my mobile.
Another Nice thing is that another Modeller has transferred the Big Version of the Modell into Aerofly 5.7. so you can fly it in Winter as well :-)
At the Moment there are 4 version built.
I built it with 0.7m and 1.7 m wingspan. Another Guy with 1.2 and another with 2.1 m with a real alloy Skin :-)
So I 'll give you the Plans soon and any Support you need
Joerg
Old Dec 08, 2013, 02:51 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2006
2,132 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks mcg and eflightray, I am a member of rcmovie.de and have sent an email to Green Munsters who is Jorg Pfister and explained my problem, hopefuly he will get back to me, I have enough information myself to draw and build but want my delphin to fly as good has Jorg's version.

I am still flying off the aquadrome but need a good Flugboot for home in Scotland when I finally go back.
Here are a couple of the latest vids of the "Monster Puddle" for your enjoyment,
Cheers,
regards to all,
Al

Dry land Flyingboating (1 min 36 sec)

Monster Puddle Twin @ Dawn (0 min 46 sec)

Wow!!
As I type the man himself jumps in, that is seriously fast
Last edited by rotorheid; Dec 08, 2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Spooky real time help arrives
Old Dec 08, 2013, 05:46 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2006
2,132 Posts
Thank you,

I am just going to my day job now, some one has to do it and I need to fund my building and flying,

Cheers

regards to all,

Al
Old Dec 08, 2013, 12:15 PM
Joined Jul 2008
32 Posts
Hi all,
attached I send you some plans of the Delphin.
For the 0.7 m Version just print it on A4, if anyone is interested in I will post instructions..it will be much simpler than the big version..build time about 5 h
For the 1.7 m Version in 1:10 scale print it on A3. Anything bigger just go ahead...2.1 m is the biggest version I know so far :-)
The Plane itself is very good for the not so perfect conditions as well..here at the lake Bodensee, the home of Dornier Planes, we have lots of wind and wave conditions and wingtip floats just don´t´work here..but here some Video:
http://www.rcmovie.de/video/74e9c86d...oamie-Windtest
Whereas I have to say the high profile of the Delphin does not like wind from the side..the wal is much better in that..but it works well especially since all my planes have a flooded chamber to stabilize them in the water.
Cheers
Joerg
Old Dec 08, 2013, 12:16 PM
Joined Jul 2008
32 Posts
And here for Aerofly 5
http://arthur.heimat.eu/af5/af5.html
Old Dec 09, 2013, 12:25 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2006
2,132 Posts
Hi Jorg, Guys,

Thank you so much for your very quick response and help, I greatly appreciate the pdf plan files.

Cheers,

regards to all,

Al