SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by ZIIguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2013, 12:26 PM
DVS LLC RC,FPV,SUAS
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Sep 2013
80 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Sold
LARGE Scale "EPO" F4U Corsair RX Ready, loaded, Electric Folding Wings

You are looking at a Large Scale F4U Corsair FOR SALE!!
Has 64" Wingspan, Length is 46"!! WITH NAVIGATION LIGHTS!!! It has remote electric Folding Wings!, e-flight Electric aluminum large scale Retracts with custom shock struts and closing bay doors. **All ran on remote sequencers that are adjustable**. Slide Open Canopy, Functioning 3 section scale flaps, 17" scale 3 blade prop, large electric Brushless motor, 70 amp ESC, 5 Cell 4500 MaH Li-poly battery, Premium servos throughout, FlightPower 8A bec regulator set for 6V and 7.4V 2100 MaH Receiver Battery to power rx system separate from esc and motor, Ready for your receiver and Radio. You will need a 7 channel programable radio minimum. Not For Beginner. Constructed of EPO, Purchased aircraft w/motor and esc only from Banana Hobbies. All flight gear, sequencers, retracts and electronics are custom install and are all quality name brand.

This is one of the largest "EPO" F4U's Fully Loaded! Was custom built for a freind of mine. It was test flown once and has not flown since due to his passing. He had $800 into it. He always went to extremes with his warbirds. $400 is a steal!
Needs To Sell... Taking up too much room.. I will never fly it hence it needs to go to someone that has the passion for these.

Local pickup only at this point.

$400.00 firm. The electronics are worth more than the price.. so basically the airframe motor and Esc are free.. lol. BTW the sequencer is the same used in jet turbine rc jets with operating retracts and doors..
ZIIguy is offline Find More Posts by ZIIguy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ZIIguy; Dec 06, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2013, 01:00 PM
Green Fuel Boy
United States, OR, Newberg
Joined Sep 2009
64 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Giant scale is 80 inch or bigger.
Green Fuel Boy is offline Find More Posts by Green Fuel Boy
Old Dec 06, 2013, 01:36 PM
DVS LLC RC,FPV,SUAS
Joined Sep 2013
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Fuel Boy View Post
Giant scale is 80 inch or bigger.
It is advertised as Giant Scale EPO F4U Corsair. Probably due to it is "EPO foam" and one of the largest in EPO Foam. I didn't invent the nomenclature. Lol.
I changed it to large scale to meet your criteria)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ZIIguy; Dec 06, 2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2013, 03:47 PM
Seneca Nation,irving ny
Joined Nov 2010
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
i love

if you will ship it i will buy it, ill pay for shipping as long as reasonable
redbiker is offline Find More Posts by redbiker
Old Dec 06, 2013, 04:14 PM
warbird addict
bradenton fl
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
I offer $25.00
blmhighlander is offline Find More Posts by blmhighlander
Old Dec 06, 2013, 04:28 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Jan 2009
46 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmhighlander View Post
I offer $25.00
WOW! that is just rude
70 ragtop is offline Find More Posts by 70 ragtop
Old Dec 06, 2013, 04:46 PM
DVS LLC RC,FPV,SUAS
Joined Sep 2013
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmhighlander View Post
I offer $25.00
Every once in a while an individual has nothing else better to do...
No offense taken. Was ridiculous though..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2013, 04:47 PM
DVS LLC RC,FPV,SUAS
Joined Sep 2013
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbiker View Post
if you will ship it i will buy it, ill pay for shipping as long as reasonable
PM sent
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2013, 04:52 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Jan 2009
46 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIIguy View Post
Every once in a while an individual has nothing else better to do...
No offense taken. Was ridiculous though..
Yup
I have same plane, and with a little tinkering it is very reliable, and is definitely a great flyer!.

Good luck with your sale
70 ragtop is offline Find More Posts by 70 ragtop
Old Dec 06, 2013, 05:01 PM
DVS LLC RC,FPV,SUAS
Joined Sep 2013
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 ragtop View Post
Yup
I have same plane, and with a little tinkering it is very reliable, and is definitely a great flyer!.

Good luck with your sale
Thank you!
I saw it fly and it flew amazing. When he landed he was on the way to the taxiway and folded the wings while he was taxiing in, it was cool.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2013, 06:17 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,987 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 ragtop View Post
WOW! that is just rude
I would have used other words to describe it/him but I gotta be nice according to my wife. LOL

About the plane now. Do you by chance have any videos of this plane flying or pictures of the inside?

This plane has really peaked my interest and my youngest son lives in Joplin and goes to OKC "The Big Friendly" quite often so I could have him pick it up.
(I need to go see him and my 5 grandkids there anyway, been awhile) Only trouble is he knows nothing about RC or what to look for. So I have to rely on the info from the seller to be straight forward about any possible issues with it which at this point I don't see a problem.
So ZIIguy if you would prefer a local pickup let me know via PM and we can talk.

Thanks
Ed
race58 is offline Find More Posts by race58
Last edited by race58; Dec 06, 2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2013, 09:58 PM
no catchy phrase
United States, AK, Wasilla
Joined Feb 2013
192 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
This very same plane is what made me want to get back into rc planes after a 20 year vacation. I would like very much to have one, but the wife says I can only have 4 planes. So I am saving the last open hanger spot for an EDF jet……….would love a starmax f-14 70mm. Needless to say I am still aways off from getting one let alone being good enough to fly one.
rcplanenoob78 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanenoob78
Old Dec 07, 2013, 02:47 AM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
791 Posts
Trader Rating: 71
yo Z2, this is an amazing plane you have here. I think ill try to make it to okc within the week to personally have3 a look see. im falling in love with it and ive only seen a few pics.
and have comfort knowing that she will have a very good home here in Erick.
the F-4U CORSAIR is hands down, my most favorite and cherished plane of all time. will pm you and hash out the details. I love this bird !!!!
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2013, 01:07 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Oct 2003
63 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I have had this plane in my shopping cart twice on the BH website, but just didn't pull the trigger. Looks like you have several interested in buying this. However, if all else fails and you're willing to ship consider it sold to me! That is if the shipping is under $75.
Bogietrim is online now Find More Posts by Bogietrim
Old Dec 07, 2013, 01:38 PM
DVS LLC RC,FPV,SUAS
Joined Sep 2013
80 Posts
Crash8384 and race58, yes I can send internal pics. Right now crash8384 is possibly going to pick it up. If he decides not to, (redbiker) gets it, if he doesn't,...race58 you will have the shot at it..
Note... currently I don't have an rx to put in it to bring the wings down and put up retracts so I will work around them to get the internal pictures. When the owner passed his wife sold the futaba that had the setup for it. She had me take out the futaba 7 chan fasst rx too. However, I labled all the servo connections. Yay!

As far as shipping.. if crash8384 doesn't take it I will crate it up and get the shipping costs.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ZIIguy; Dec 10, 2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: order of interest in purchase
Closed Thread