HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Black Pearl 7" HD Diversity Screen

A competitively priced diversity monitor with many standard features.

Splash

Built-in 5.8GHz receivers with diversity switching

RangeVideo.com has announced a new contender in the all-in-one fpv monitor category with the Black Pearl 7" diversity monitor from Flysight. This little gem features a number of upgrades including a built-in tripod mounting adapter (for standard camera screws), a fitted sunshade, built-in 5.8GHz receivers with diversity functionality, and a very bright screen that's easy to see in direct sunlight. The Black Pearl operates on 7-28 volts and includes a JST battery plug, but does have a compartment for an internal battery (coming soon).

With integrated video and dc outputs, you can also run a pair of video goggles right from the monitor. We're looking forward to getting our hands on this monitor for a full and comprehensive review soon!

Features:

• Anti reflective matte screen
  • housing built-in for battery (batteries soon available)
  • It is very bright in daylight 300cd / mē
  • build-in two 5.8GHz video receivers and a diversity system that will automatically select the best video signal
  • It is equipped with an efficient rigid sun hood
  • photo screw to clamp it on standard system (1 /4 " 20 threads per inch WBS )
  • It has video outputs and Dc output to connect and power other equipmen
  • A composite video input will allow you to display external sources
  • HDMI video input
  • Power 7 - 28V and a DC output for powering a pair of video googles or other equipment (Dcout = Dc in, MAX 1A)
  • Channel selection via button (no more micro switch !)
  • Built in speakers to hear the sound ( from your video Tx or video input sources )

Additional Specifications:

• Screen Size : 7 "
  • TFT LCD , LED backlight
  • Resolution: 1024 * 600
  • Brightness : 300cd/m2
  • Contrast: 700:1
  • Power supply: 7 - 28V or 3S LiPo
  • Consumption: < 8W
  • Dimensions : 183mm x 126mm x 20mm
  • build-in diversity 5.8Ghz
  • equipped with 2 video outputs ( both two channels 5.8Ghz ) and 2 video inputs
  • 8 languages available
  • Operating Temp : -10 ℃ ~ 65 ℃ and +
  • Compatible with SMA antenna connector only (the antena must have center needle)
  • 32 frequencies are available

· CH1: 5705MHz / 5740Mhz / 5865Mhz / 5733Mhz · CH2: 5685MHz / 5760Mhz / 5845Mhz / 5752Mhz · CH3: 5665MHz / 5780Mhz / 5825Mhz / 5771Mhz · CH4: 5645MHz / 5800Mhz / 5805Mhz / 5790Mhz · CH5 : 5885MHz / 5820Mhz / 5785Mhz / 5809Mhz · CH6 : 5905MHz / 5840Mhz / 5765Mhz / 5828Mhz · CH7 : 5925MHz / 5860Mhz / 5745Mhz / 5847Mhz · CH8 : 5945MHz / 5860Mhz / 5725Mhz / 5866Mhz

Includes:

• 7 "screen with dversity RC801
  • 2X omni antennas (duck ruber )
  • 2X AV Cables
  • 2X Power Cable with JST connector
  • 1X rigid sunhood

Link to RangeVideo.com product page.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Dec 06, 2013 at 10:18 AM..

Discussion

Old Dec 07, 2013, 10:55 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Dec 2013
312 Posts
Does this go blue screen

Looks interesting, when will the battery become available? How much will the battery cost?

Most importantly, does this screen goes blank/blue when the signal is poor or will I see static and kind of still make out the video?
snowstorm is offline Find More Posts by snowstorm
Old Dec 07, 2013, 11:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2,164 Posts
$160.

its... something.

diversity with 1 rx and 2 antennas 5" apart seems like a bit of a gimmick... I guess you could put a directional on 1 of them... plug and play I guess.
bauerbach is offline Find More Posts by bauerbach
Old Dec 07, 2013, 11:31 PM
TEAM CIRRUS FPV
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2013
479 Posts
Dang, this looks nice! Way better priced than the skyzone goggles and if they turn out to be good, you guys may have me sold! I see that the frequencies line up to the immersionRC/ Fatshark and the Boscam transmitters, but will this be like the Ts832 where the channels say they are the same but are 1MHz off?
RainyDayRC is offline Find More Posts by RainyDayRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Team cirrus fpv debut
Old Dec 07, 2013, 11:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2,164 Posts
cant really compare a monitor and goggle price 1 for 1... I wish any goggles came remotely close to that of a monitor lol.
bauerbach is offline Find More Posts by bauerbach
Old Dec 07, 2013, 11:50 PM
TEAM CIRRUS FPV
Joined Oct 2013
479 Posts
True, goggles are always going to be more expensive (I can attest to that). They are much better in terms of the flying experience, but if you fly in the cold like I do, they fog up and ruin the picture. With my backup monitor, naturally it never fogs up but it is just that; a backup. I prefer to fly through goggles but for long endurance flights and flying in cold weather, the monitor is the winner for me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2013, 06:07 AM
Miami
Joined Dec 2001
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayRC View Post
Dang, this looks nice! Way better priced than the skyzone goggles and if they turn out to be good, you guys may have me sold! I see that the frequencies line up to the immersionRC/ Fatshark and the Boscam transmitters, but will this be like the Ts832 where the channels say they are the same but are 1MHz off?
The BlackPearl is not a gimmick, it works with the ImmersionRC transmitters, there is no blue screen problem, and of course you can put a directional antenna on one receiver and an omni on the the other
reznikvova is offline Find More Posts by reznikvova
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2013, 10:50 AM
TEAM CIRRUS FPV
Joined Oct 2013
479 Posts
Cool, thanks for the clarification. As soon as I can find the funds for this monitor, there is going to be one in my collection
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2013, 05:10 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Dec 2013
312 Posts
Optional Battery

I just ordered one, shipping to Canada via USPS 1st so that may take a while. I'll contact Range Video to see if there is a way I can upgrade to USPS Priority so it can get here before Christmas.

Will provide a report here once it arrives.

Any word on when the extra battery will be available? It will be nice and handy to not have to Velcro another Lipo to the back.
Old Dec 08, 2013, 05:33 PM
TEAM CIRRUS FPV
Joined Oct 2013
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstorm View Post
I just ordered one, shipping to Canada via USPS 1st so that may take a while. I'll contact Range Video to see if there is a way I can upgrade to USPS Priority so it can get here before Christmas.

Will provide a report here once it arrives.

Any word on when the extra battery will be available? It will be nice and handy to not have to Velcro another Lipo to the back.
keep us posted
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2013, 05:43 PM
United States, NV, Pahrump
Joined Feb 2013
496 Posts
if only they made these in 1.2/1.3ghz also for long range!!
trickedout is offline Find More Posts by trickedout
Old Dec 10, 2013, 04:32 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Dec 2013
312 Posts
RangeVideo upgraded my shipping to Priority, so I'll definitely be getting this before Christmas, will let you all know how things go as soon as it arrives.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 04:42 PM
TEAM CIRRUS FPV
Joined Oct 2013
479 Posts
looking forward to seeing how this thing performs
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2013, 07:31 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstorm View Post
RangeVideo upgraded my shipping to Priority, so I'll definitely be getting this before Christmas, will let you all know how things go as soon as it arrives.
Thats good news
They are honestly some of the fastest shippers (my experiences).
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:46 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Dec 2013
312 Posts
Arrived fast! But has RP-SMA connections

My package from Range Video arrived!!!
Shipping was super quick and efficient, they handled the x-border shipping and customs very well.

I ordered Immersion RC vtX as well as 2 SMA antennas.
The LCD screen appears well made but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. One thing that I immediately noticed (to my disappointment) is that it the monitor's receiver has 2 female RP-SMA connections, not SMA as described on the spec and instruction booklet. The box actually says (SMA-PIN), but a female SMA connection (like the one that is on the monitor) with a pin is actually better known as RP-SMA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMA_connector
Female antennas have threads on the outside, SMA have a hole while RP-SMA has a pin. This one is definitely RP-SMA female, requiring RP-SMA antennas.

This means that I cannot use the antennas that I bought with it and have to use the crappy stock ones for the time being until I figure out a solution. Anyone know how much attenuation would an adapter cause, is that a viable option or should I try to get a new antenna?
Last edited by snowstorm; Dec 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM.