HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

MyFlyDream Automatic Antenna Tracker

A great system for keeping your antennas aimed at your aircraft

Splash

Simple reliable auto tracker

This one has been around for a bit but we felt that it deserved to be highlighted as it's such a great tracking system. When flying long range FPV, you'll want an antenna tracking system to get the best signal strength. This tracker is nearly a complete unit and all you need to provide is your favorite OSD system and a NMEA standard GPS module or just the GPS module. The data is transmitted over the audio channel of your downlink and then goes from the tracker to the driver which handles the signal and tells the servos what to do to track the aircraft.

It uses a slip ring so you don't have worry about maxing out on rotation. It can rotate endlessly if you like flying circles around yourself. Setting up the system is an easy affair also. Once you have it mounted on your tripod, just power everything up and once you have a GPS lock, you push the Set Home button and go fly. The built in compass makes this possible and is a great convenience over other tracking systems. You also get basic OSD features that include flight time, virtual compass, battery voltage and amperage, home arrow, distance to home, altitude and speed. [MyFlyDream]

Discussion

Old Dec 06, 2013, 01:40 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,786 Posts
Looks great! Am I right in saying the AAT needs the GPS at the groundstation end? And where does the data from the planes Vtx get fed to on the ground? I know the eagle tree tracker gets data from the plane into the EagleEyes groundstation and that is what feeds the data to the tracker itself so where does this one get its data from??
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 06, 2013, 06:21 AM
Joined Dec 2013
26 Posts
Tracker gets the plan data via audio/video signal.

You dont have to connect a gps to the tracker at the groud, just hold you plane next to the tracker hit a button and the tracker will save the gps data from the plan as his own home location. If you connect a gps to the tracker you dont have to do this step, also you can move the tracker around
Darky is offline Find More Posts by Darky
Old Dec 06, 2013, 10:31 PM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Jun 2011
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Looks great! Am I right in saying the AAT needs the GPS at the groundstation end? And where does the data from the planes Vtx get fed to on the ground? I know the eagle tree tracker gets data from the plane into the EagleEyes groundstation and that is what feeds the data to the tracker itself so where does this one get its data from??
comes with a OSD that will enbed the gps tracking data into the audio stream and the unit will decode it on the other end

You can still use any osd you want for your HUD and flight info
satgod is offline Find More Posts by satgod
Old Dec 07, 2013, 12:51 AM
Joined Aug 2012
65 Posts
In the videos of the Auto Pilot I have seen them all with an artificial horizon - is this true? Does it have an artificial horizon?
FunDozer is offline Find More Posts by FunDozer
Old Dec 07, 2013, 08:15 PM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Jun 2011
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDozer View Post
In the videos of the Auto Pilot I have seen them all with an artificial horizon - is this true? Does it have an artificial horizon?
the autopilot does have hud and horizon
satgod is offline Find More Posts by satgod
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
connecting and ublox gps thats on apm to the osd

Hi I need some help.

I have a skywalker set up with apm 2.5, now I want to use the tracker with this setup is there a way to bridge the gps data from the amp gps to the osd for the tracker.
Kobus Lab is offline Find More Posts by Kobus Lab
Old Jan 10, 2014, 04:17 PM
United States, OH, Norton
Joined Aug 2013
652 Posts
The review says data comes down via Audio. This is true for V1-V4, but V5 is the current one sold. It sends data down on Video and Audio. The tracker will work with just Video or just Audio, but sending both down increases reliability. The video link also enables faster response, from my understanding. More information was able to be encoded, such as attitude information.

When using the tracker, you can plug a computer into it and get real time flight data into ground station software, plotting your plane on a map, seeing its attitude, speed, location, direction, etc...
jcowgar is offline Find More Posts by jcowgar
Old Jan 10, 2014, 04:19 PM
United States, OH, Norton
Joined Aug 2013
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobus Lab View Post
Hi I need some help.

I have a skywalker set up with apm 2.5, now I want to use the tracker with this setup is there a way to bridge the gps data from the amp gps to the osd for the tracker.
Yes, you can use the included OSD. It will encode your audio and video (V5) w/the tracker data. You can setup the OSD (by pressing a hardware button on it) to display no OSD information of is own if you already have an OSD. In that case, it will simply encode the tracking data into the video.

There is a large thread about the tracker located: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1159128 if you have specific questions, etc... Your questions are likely to be seen there more quickly and by more people.
jcowgar is offline Find More Posts by jcowgar