SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2001, 04:14 PM
Arlington Hts IL
Joined Dec 2001
132 Posts
New to the Forum ... one or two questions

Hello all .... just sold all of my planks to devote all of my time to helis..... Currently flying a Freya ,a HawkIII SE V2 in an Agusta Fuse and a Vario benzin destin for a 212 fuse.

And oh I forgot a logo 10 on the way.

1. do they offer any upgrades to this machine ie a metal swash,
the balls on the stock one are plastic.

2. I am new to eletrics .... which charger .... I kinda want to do it all nicads , nimh....

Do i need to charge more than 10 or 12 cells for the Logo 10?

Help

Thanks Guys

Jason G Rigney
Tailhook2k is offline Find More Posts by Tailhook2k
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2001, 08:26 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,317 Posts
Mikado does have a metal swash "tuning" part.

For a charger it all depends on what you are willing to spend. The Dymond Super charger / FMA are a great deal for just over a hundred bucks, nicad & nimh with discharge and various charge programs and a 5 amp max rate. For $200-$300 there are 2 orbit models and the 2 baby Schultzes which are fantastic. For the extra bucks you get a higher charge rate, up to 8 amps for the higher end models and again nicad & nimh + Liion and PB lead for the Prbit, I think the Schlutze does lead but not Liion but I could be wrong on that.
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Dec 13, 2001, 08:48 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,216 Posts
logo 10

Hello Jason

You were the guy on RCO selling the very nice looking LMH with the ep concept sr canopy...right

Anyways, good choice on the logo 10. The is what I woul have purchased if it were out at the time I purchased my Eco8, but I still love my Eco

For a charger, I have a Supernova 250s(aka Dymond Super charger). It is a great charger for just a little over $100. It can do up to 25 cells(Nicad). It can also do NiMH, and lead acid.

The charger is set to an automatic mode (for nicads only) and all you have to do is plug the battery in and for get about it. The charger will adjust to any nicad in automode to make sure it is charging the battery correctly.

To charge NiMH you have to use the manual charging feature, but it is easy to do.

Logo Upgrades:

Since the logo uses a 10 mm main shaft, you can buy the logo 20 metal swash. Also, you can probably use metal swash plates from other helis(with 10 mm main shaft). I would take a look at the quick 30 swashplate, or even the Century Raven swash.

For batteries, just stick with Nicads, they are easier to charge and are durable compared to other types. I would suggest a 10-12 cell pack. For better preformance CP1700s(lower weight, but duration is a little shorter than 2400), or CP2400(higher weight, but longer duration). you wan get the batteries you want from www.efllightpacks.com Tony La is a good guy to to business with.

What motor are you going to use(brushless, brushed)?

Carlo
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Old Dec 14, 2001, 08:59 AM
Arlington Hts IL
Joined Dec 2001
132 Posts
Questions

Thanks a lot guys.
Very good info.....
Really looking forward to my Logo.
On the videos I have downloaded it sounds just like a Turbine...
I love that blase noise ... or music I should say.

I will be using the Kontrinics Burshless......
Again this whole eletric thing is very very new to me...
Very excited about learning all I can.
I plan to use Hitec 225 ( Nylon gears) a PCM JR 549 and a Futaba 401 Gyro...

Looking forward to posting pics.... Can we do that on this forum??

Thanks again!

Jason G Rigney
Old Dec 14, 2001, 09:40 AM
No "R" !!!!!!!
Where Spacemen Live (TX)
Joined Jan 2000
1,086 Posts
Re: Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook2k
Thanks a lot guys.

Looking forward to posting pics.... Can we do that on this forum??

Thanks again!

Jason G Rigney
Jason,

Sure! But please try to keep the pics on the small side for people using dial-up connections
Fitz Walker is offline Find More Posts by Fitz Walker
Old Dec 14, 2001, 12:44 PM
Arlington Hts IL
Joined Dec 2001
132 Posts

Roger that.....

Jason